• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
May 18, 2018
Riverside too, lmao. My work is still trucking on like nothing has happened, all we have are dinky "this many people in this room at once" signs that no one follows because my work has provided no alternative to 20+ employees getting out of work at the same time, the forced mask mandate for indoors, and a little "do you have covid" daily survey. They claim to follow the forced 14 days of sick leave if you get infected or sick with similar symptoms, but I don't know anyone yet that has had to take that. Other than that, nothin.

That might change soon, OSHA on September 19th will vote on some emergency rules to enforce Covid hazards in the workplace. Pretty sure it will pass.

hrwatchdog.calchamber.com

Cal/OSHA Releases Draft COVID-19 Emergency Regulation - HRWatchdog

Cal/OSHA released the draft text for the much-anticipated COVID-19 emergency regulation on which the Standards Board will vote on November 19, 2020.

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
The same governor who didn't double down on a big mistake and took responsibility. Would you prefer a big state like CA not to enforce this then and follow his birthday lead for the Holidays?
No obviously having made the dumb mistake, owning up to it is better than not.

But it doesn't magically make the situation better. For something of this magnitude, this big of an ask of the general population, there's just no excuse he needs to be perfect.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
It feels like nothing has changed at all. Didn't know almost the entire state went to purple, I thought we were doing a little better, but I guess not :/ We are as a country overall, doing worse than we did before, and yet it's weird to see that we mostly locked down with ghostown roads and as a whole, understood and complied. Now being worse, and no one cares and just.... ugh. Jan can't come fast enough with a REAL Covid taskforce...

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Everything opened up too early, and now it's too late, so yeah, totally saw this coming.

This is a band-aid at best.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
Who gives a fuck. If your ability to do the right thing is swayed by someone else being a piece of shit, then you never really wanted to do the right thing to begin with.
It's got nothing to do with my ability to be swayed. I'm doing my part. It's entitled assholes like him who thinks his own rules don't apply to him. Same with all the other idiots who are out there doing what they want to do and making it worse for everyone.

Kaban

Oct 25, 2017
Waah waah waah. Who gives a shit. What a pointless hill to die on. Was it dumb? Sure. Does it have anything at all to do with the news this thread is discussing? No it fucking does not.
I would it say it does - people are far less likely to take restrictions seriously if the governor is ignoring them for something as trivial as a birthday party - "he can do it, so why can't I? It can't be that bad!" - I can believe that these restrictions enforced by the governor will help, while at the same time lambast him for not practicing what he preaches.

I wonder how Jerry Brown would have done.

crimsonECHIDNA

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I wonder come January if DeSantis is still going to be kissing Trump's ass when it comes to his handling of Covid in Florida.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
Waah waah waah. Who gives a shit. What a pointless hill to die on. Was it dumb? Sure. Does it have anything at all to do with the news this thread is discussing? No it fucking does not.
Who the fuck is dying on a hill? He's setting the example that his restrictions are just suggestions, not requirements. If he's not following them, then others are gonna ask why they should. That's the problem. Knuckle-draggers and mouth-breathers can just point to him as the reason why they shouldn't have to comply and that's a problem for everyone.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
lol So few businesses are going to follow these guidelines if they aren't enforced. I know plenty of restaurants and fitness studios that aren't changing a damn thing. San Diego people don't give two shits and that's probably why things are getting worse and worse here.

Hound

Jul 6, 2019
Not enough, asshole. They need to do a full shutdown again and actually enforce things this time. If the county sheriff and city police are not enforcing then the state should cut their funding or something like that.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
That might change soon, OSHA on September 19th will vote on some emergency rules to enforce Covid hazards in the workplace. Pretty sure it will pass.

hrwatchdog.calchamber.com

Cal/OSHA Releases Draft COVID-19 Emergency Regulation - HRWatchdog

Cal/OSHA released the draft text for the much-anticipated COVID-19 emergency regulation on which the Standards Board will vote on November 19, 2020.
I'll have to read this when I'm not about to head to work, but I'm really hoping it lights a fire under everyone's asses. We need lockdowns and more protection for people who are gonna be out of their jobs.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017

Newsom is another "Bitch eating crackers" like Pelosi is. What he did was for sure dumb, but the man has done a lot for the state in terms of covid. And other states are even joining CA in independently checking vaccines. It doesnt matter what he does, people will just point to one thing he has done and negate everything else. Before this, it was something about how he was keeping a winery of his open. Literally any tweet or post about him it would just be brought up endlessly. Now that birthday thing is replacing that. And they will find any little thing to nitpick

3fc9ab4d7ea8dfd141261dce4fb70d42.jpg

And I dont think he has even gone far enough in terms of what should be done.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
This asshole opened up the whole state too early and now here we are. That all these indoor shopping malls are still open and packed with throngs of people...With no one checking temperatures at the door, no one limiting the amount of people that can go in, but I can't go to the gym (where there were more precautions taken than any other store or location I've been to within the last year )OK cool. Go fuck yourself.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
All of these people are going to book a stay at my resort and drive to Las Vegas and interact with me and get pissed off because I tell them I'm not doing shit with them until they put on a mask.

Liyfda

Oct 27, 2017
Gavin is so fucking pathetic, all he does is post about CoVID stats & tweets about "Wearing A Mask". Shit isn't working, do better Gavin, you actually have that power

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I would it say it does - people are far less likely to take restrictions seriously if the governor is ignoring them for something as trivial as a birthday party - "he can do it, so why can't I? It can't be that bad!" - I can believe that these restrictions enforced by the governor will help, while at the same time lambast him for not practicing what he preaches.

I wonder how Jerry Brown would have done.

I feel pretty safe in saying that Trump wouldn't be touting all the time what a "good relationship" he has with the governor of California if Jerry Brown was still governor. Brown would be taking things a lot more seriously. He wasn't afraid to make the hard calls.

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone clarify for me, i live in San bernardino area, purple tier means the outdoor gyms will remain open correct?

so going from red to purple means:

retail must reduce indoor capacity from 50% to 25%
grocery stores remain at 50%
gyms go from 10% capacity allowed to outdoor only
restaurants must go from 25% indoor capacity allowed to exclusively outdoor
churches must go from 25% indoor to exclusively outdoor
movie theaters go from 25% indoor to basically closed (unless doing outdoor projection)
higher education goes back to full remote outside of some exceptions
shopping malls go from 50% capacity to 25% and close all food courts

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
*Sigh*

I've been extremely disappointed with how CA has been going downhill. Whatever emergency powers Newsom had should have been pulled long ago.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Newsom is another "Bitch eating crackers" like Pelosi is. What he did was for sure dumb, but the man has done a lot for the state in terms of covid. And other states are even joining CA in independently checking vaccines. It doesnt matter what he does, people will just point to one thing he has done and negate everything else. Before this, it was something about how he was keeping a winery of his open. Literally any tweet or post about him it would just be brought up endlessly. Now that birthday thing is replacing that. And they will find any little thing to nitpick

He fucked up. Yes, he is doing lots of good things as well, is generally a decent governor, and was a way better option than any alternative. But he fucked up hard on this and shouldn't be above criticism.

Dec 12, 2017

This is not even close to a "bitch eating crackers situation." This is a "bitch eating steak while telling other people that you're starving to save other lives situation." The thing is that during the pandemic, you have people absolutely shitting on people who think that one get together at Thanksgiving can't be that dangerous. How can you be mad at the general population, but forgive Newsom so easily? You have people who are unemployed, hungry, and depressed who are coping with it because they know it's for the greater good. Then Newsom does his bullshit. Sorry but this post is the epitome of the politicization of a viral epidemic.

Last edited:

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Gavin is so fucking pathetic, all he does is post about CoVID stats & tweets about "Wearing A Mask". Shit isn't working, do better Gavin, you actually have that power

Does he? Because no matter what he does idiots are going to ignore it and scream "tyranny." The fight for smart precautions on a macro scale is over, just try to stay healthy in spite of the morons until the vaccine arrives. It's all that's left thanks to Trump and the rest of the right wing shitheads turning basic precautions into a masculinity/freedom issue.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
The local news article I read (for Bakersfield/Kern County) says that schools that are already re-opened won't have to close again, but ones that haven't re-opened yet won't be able to. I don't know if that applies statewide to all purple counties or if it's county-specific.

That seems ripe for a lawsuit.

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
Reminder that the main reason things opened up early and have not been shut down sooner is because of lack of federal relief to protect the consumers and businesses that are hurt by shutdowns.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
This is not even close to a "bitch eating crackers situation." This is a "bitch eating steak while telling other people that you're starving to save other lives situation." The thing is that during the pandemic, you have people absolutely shitting on people who think that one get together at Thanksgiving can't be that dangerous. How can you be mad at the population, but forgive Newsom so easily? You have people who are unemployed, hungry, and depressed who are coping with it because they know it's for the greater good. Then Newsom does his bullshit. Sorry but this post is the epitome of the politicization of a viral epidemic.

Yeah, I really dont see the big deal.

Newsom and Siebel Newsom "followed public health guidelines and the restaurant's health protocols — all in line with the state's rules for restaurant operation," Click said in a statement. "He and the first partner paid for their own meals."

www.sfchronicle.com

Newsom attended French Laundry party with more households than California advises during pandemic

Gov. Gavin Newsom attended a birthday party for one of his political advisers at The...

i could drive by any restaurant tonight at dinner time and see people packing in like sardines. Do you think if this didnt happen people would suddenly stop and be like "Wow, I should follow what he does" after they have been defying anything he has said since March/April? Literally nothing could be said or done about changing peoples minds about gathering for thanksgiving at this point. If people want to do it, they will do it. He fucked up here, he fucked up opening things to early, and he fucked up by not penalizing people or counties for not following the rules. Im just saying its going to be annoying af to see people bring this up on any post about him thinking they have some ultimate gotcha, when its not even close.

Dec 12, 2017
Yeah, I really dont see the big deal.

www.sfchronicle.com

Newsom attended French Laundry party with more households than California advises during pandemic

Gov. Gavin Newsom attended a birthday party for one of his political advisers at The...

i could drive by any restaurant tonight at dinner time and see people packing in like sardines. Do you think if this didnt happen people would suddenly stop and be like "Wow, I should follow what he does" after they have been defying anything he has said since March/April? Literally nothing could be said or done about changing peoples minds about gathering for thanksgiving at this point. If people want to do it, they will do it. He fucked up here, he fucked up opening things to early, and he fucked up by not penalizing people or counties for not following the rules. Im just saying its going to be annoying af to see people bring this up on any post about him thinking they have some ultimate gotcha, when its not even close.
Excellent rebuttal

Liyfda

Oct 27, 2017
Does he? Because no matter what he does idiots are going to ignore it and scream "tyranny." The fight for smart precautions on a macro scale is over, just try to stay healthy in spite of the morons until the vaccine arrives. It's all that's left thanks to Trump and the rest of the right wing shitheads turning basic precautions into a masculinity/freedom issue.

Regardless of anything that happens, there will always be those idiots, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try for more restrictive lockdown measures to protect people who are willing to follow them. Right now, at least in the part of LA I'm in, I feel like I'm living in a pre-covid world, but the only difference is people are wearing mask. Stores are still packed, social distancing guidelines are not followed. I think there are a lot of people who think CoVid is going away because all these restrictions are so lax compared to March

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
The entire country deciding that we should stop locking down places in the middle of May when cases were still WAY HIGHER than when we all first started locking down in March made no sense to me.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2017
I literally said he fucked up here, but keep going off about absolutely nothing I guess

Edit: nah, just say what you want for everyone to see instead of trying to PM me. Ur just getting ignored now.
The only reason I PM'ed you because this thread doesn't need to devolve into our back and forth. This is what I said,
"You refuse to see why his fuck up is major. You know damn well if he was a Republican you'd be up in arms. You're making this a partisan issue."

You can put me on ignore, because you have no response besides "Ok"

Dec 12, 2017
The entire country deciding that we should stop locking down places in the middle of May when cases were still WAY HIGHER than when we all first started locking down in March was the stupidest thing. It made no sense and we'd be in a much better position if everyone just sucked it up at the time for another month or two.
You can say we could just suck it up, but based on on other nations that were successful it would have taken much longer than a month. Without federal help, financially, it wasn't feasible. I seriously believe that people who parrot this are people who have the ability to WFH. It's not that simple.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
The only reason I PM'ed you because this thread doesn't need to devolve into our back and forth. This is what I said,
"You refuse to see why his fuck up is major. You know damn well if he was a Republican you'd be up in arms. You're making this a partisan issue."

You can put me on ignore, because you have no response besides "Ok"

I just wanted to be like you in responding with worthless comments like "excellent rebuttal". Sounds like you don't have anything of value to say.

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
You can say we could just suck it up, but based on on other nations that were successful it would have taken much longer than a month. Without federal help, financially, it wasn't feasible.

I edited, but wanted to delete, my post because I realized it would get responses just like this (justifiably, I didn't put enough info and it sounded like I was just being an ass) and I didn't go into more detail about what I think should have happened, which includes more federal aid for businesses (especially smaller ones) and extending the unemployment benefits. Regardless, trying to return to even a somewhat normal life in the middle of May did not help. Every time CA tries to start re-opening, the cases eventually start going back up. Ideally cases would have been near rock bottom everywhere before fall started so that it wouldn't be ballooning even if it was increasing. But the past is done, so yeah just have to do what we can now I guess.