• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017

I just joined Trump's Truth Social.

Going to be on there calling out Republican lies. This could get…interesting.

My first post -- breaking down America's red state murder problem.

I get the gesture, but it looks like you have to make an account to be able to see posts? Unfortunate side effect is this will bring more accounts to the platform

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Gavin Newsom wades into cesspool in order to make a point, film at 11.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like a waste of time to me. Those people have their heads up their asses and have no desire to pull them out.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
He's either going to come out radicalized or broken. There's no inbetween.

OP
OP
DrScruffleton

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
This may be in response to this to see how fast he gets banned. Newsom has retweeted Ron before so he definitely saw this

Surakian

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Come on my man. I'm sitting here at work trying to pay people and getting in trouble for chatting with my coworker and the governor is over here joining social media websites to troll republicans?

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
He's either going to come out radicalized or broken. There's no inbetween.

There's also a chance he'll just get banned outright because conservatives only believe in free speech when it's their kind of free speech (where racism is okay, but making fun of conservatives is forbidden). You can get banned on Truth for literally just making fun of Truth or anyone that runs Truth.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
They're gonna ban him or delete his posts, and then he'll get to call out their hypocrisy (which we've learned Republicans voters don't care about)

OP
OP
DrScruffleton

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I doubt it's actually going to be him. Probably got one of his staff to do it.
His social media is surprisingly genuine feeling. A lot of it seems off the cuff. Or staff does a really good job of selling it as genuine, could be. But yea, this is a whole other beast that I'm not sure he would want to actually deal with.

Kensation

The Enlightened "this guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
"This could get....interesting." As in, it won't accomplish anything at all?

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
The "don't legitimize the platform!!" stuff ITT is funny. You think anyone liable to join Truth Social is going to do so because they heard about it from the governor of California?

When your competition joins a platform as a means to use it to debate or spread a message, ya it gives it an air of legitimacy it didn't have before.

It doesn't have to attract anymore new users than just Newsom to do that. Whether it's enough to matter, who the fuck knows but the less the better.

OP
OP
DrScruffleton

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
The "don't legitimize the platform!!" stuff ITT is funny. You think anyone liable to join Truth Social is going to do so because they heard about it from the governor of California?

lol
I genuinely like most of Newsoms tweets and responses to stuff. I have notifications on for his tweets. No way I'm signing up for this shit to see his posts lol

Sam Bridges

May 3, 2022
This is just idiotic. You're not going to win an argument with those people, on that platform, and if no one can view these arguments unless they're registered there, at best this just boosts this idiotic platform's numbers for a publicity stunt that will likely backfire.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind the gesture since I don't think Truth Social can be made legitimate any more than Trumpism already is, and people who go there are likely already radicalized, but it would make more sense to mirror the content somewhere that it isn't as likely to be deleted and doesn't require a Truth Social account. Make it harder to escape the problems with the ideologies espoused there, showcase to those outside how Truth Social silences dissent, but don't plan for this effort to be able to continue indefinitely.

But I'm also not paying his salary, so maybe people in California might be more annoyed at this.

Earthstrike

Oct 28, 2017
Actually, if he'll be banned (which I think he will), the right wingers will have to hold that as the same thing as twitter banning trump. What are they gonna do? Say you can ban someone for lying? Then twitter was free to do that with trump. This will provide some ripe ammunition.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
If he wants to waste his time, sure, by all means. Will likely get banned before the day ends.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
When your competition joins a platform as a means to use it to debate or spread a message, ya it gives it an air of legitimacy it didn't have before.

It doesn't have to attract anymore new users than just Newsom to do that. Whether it's enough to matter, who the fuck knows but the less the better.
The governor of California joining Trump's social platform to dunk on Republicans is not going to materially affect anything, let alone give Truth Social more legitimacy among an electorate that already hates Newsom. I swear, the way this forum talks about signal boosting so often borders on hysterical.

Eidan

AVALANCHE
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Truth Social is literally the social media platform of the Republican party's idol. Any time Trump posts on it, mainstream media outlets report on it. Gavin Newsom joining to debunk Republican talking points isn't "signal boosting" anything. It's already boosted.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting. Will they dare to ban someone that high profile, who isn't being combative, and only posting verifiable facts?

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
The true politics: campaigning for and achieving office, being in a position to effect change, then going back to posting