• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BigHatPaul

May 28, 2019
TW: ABORTION, DEATH

Direct link to document of her encounter.

I'm speechless. Really. I am sick to my fucking stomach.

Edit: for those that don't know who CalebHart42 is, he is a speed runner, most known for Mega Man X speedruns, but currently does a lot more FF7 speed runs. Barbie is also a streamer, voice actress and game developer, though I don't know as much background information about her aside from she was a fan of his and they met at an SGDQ event, which the document goes into detail on.

Last edited:

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Could we get background. I have no idea who these people are.

OP
OP
BigHatPaul

BigHatPaul

May 28, 2019
Could we get background. I have no idea who these people are.
CalebHart42 is a speedrunner, used to be known for Mega Man X speed runs, now primarily FF7. Barbie is also a streamer, and a former fan of Caleb's.

Edit: Caleb has also got in trouble in the past for racist remarks on Twitch as well.

Nov 2, 2019
Wow. Caleb Hart, the same guy who threw a hissy for Twitch telling him not to stream shirtless awhile ago and would spend half his stream just flexing his muscles is a terrible asshole? I'm stunned...

Feel so terrible for her if that's true. No man has a right to pressure or tell a woman what to do with their body and it's even shittier his family was behind it too.

Edit: Had no idea about the racist stuff either. What a piece of shit.

OP
OP
BigHatPaul

BigHatPaul

May 28, 2019
I also updated the OT in case there's any confusion with as much information as I know.

As a prior fan of Caleb, the more I find out about him, the more I can't believe this is a person I found enjoyment in watching. I always felt like something was a bit off about him, but never would have thought THIS.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I used to watch CalebHart a decent bit. This isn't surprising. He and his chat would get REAL red pill from time to time.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Probably need a NSFW warning before the link to the victim's Twitter page.

Bojanglez

Oct 27, 2017
I feel there should almost be a separate area dedicated to this kind of shit going on. Not sure it's Gaming Discussion, more like minor gaming celebrity cesspool discussion.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I never liked caleb hart, so to me its just a confirmation that suspected shit head is in fact a shit head

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
Calebhart is a giant piece of "alpha gamer" shit. He had secret discord stuff that was fully transphobic and racist and he's just a huge moron in general.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
That's awful.

I've checked out Calebhart's channel now and then, but he seems permanently angry and just complains during his runs nonstop. I never stayed on his channels for long because of the attitude.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Never liked that moron and all the negative news in recent memory vindicate my gut feeling. Fuck him.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's awful.

I've checked out Calebhart's channel now and then, but he seems permanently angry and just complains during his runs nonstop. I never stayed on his channels for long because of the attitude.

Honestly, when I initially started following Caleb awhile back (years ago), I just assumed he had anger issues and was something he needed to work on. When all that shit came out about him, it painted him in a (personally) very different light. Sadly, because of everything prior to this, the above is in no way shocking. He really does seem like a very manipulative piece of shit, along with being a horrible racist and homo/transphobic person on top of it.

Speedlynx

Nov 22, 2017
That's awful.

Same. I watched him for a while since the runs were entertaining, but eventually I had enough of the pretentious attitude and toxic chat.

ace3skoot

Dec 3, 2018
Unfollowed, watching his streams dude clearly has anger issues. New law of 2020 don't admire or make heroes of anyone...their probably trash

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
CalebHart's entire stream is about him unironically being a raging manbaby. I'm not surprised one bit to read this.

Oct 3, 2019
Dude is a true meathead, one of the dumbest people I've watched on twitch, and unsurprisingly a racist to boot. Nothing scummy coming out about him would surprise me. This probably won't affect his channel since his chat is total trash.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
It's weird to me that Yovideogames did a collab with him a while back. Dude has been revealed to be a racist piece of trash, and Yovideogames is half black. Have they said anything about all this shit going on with him?

Jul 10, 2018
If anyone remembers those rough 'salty speedrunner' compilations on YouTube, you'll remember that Caleb has had issues for quite some time. It's unfortunately crossed into adulthood.

ace3skoot

Dec 3, 2018
It's true that anyone could be hiding a dark side, but it's also true that we're talking about a guy whose brand is talking about how great he is, having roid rage episodes, breaking controllers, swearing, getting banned because his discord was filled with racial slurs, complaining that GDQ bans white supremacists because doing so is politically correct. It is completely and utterly unsurprised that this guy does not treat women with respect.

I find a good rule of thumb, when it comes to choosing who I associate with, is that if the person seems like they value kindness and respect (especially to women, marginalized people, and people different than themselves) the will mostly shake out to be a good person, and if they make money by being an asshole, they're probably an asshole. It's a pretty good rule of thumb.
Of course your correct, I just feel myself becoming more pessimistic and negative lately. Someone said it right that as bad as things seem sometimes, this is not the darkest timeline, that would be a world where all these pieces of of shit stay in the dark and the victims unheard. I hope all the recent revelations helps the gaming community transform into are more open and supportive place where women and minorities can find solidarity and safe.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
This was a very depressing read and considering how the guy's family behaved during this, I do hope she will be okay sharing her story.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty gross how he makes the entire thing about him.

Can't say I'm shocked about this one though. Caleb is and has always been an asshole and he doesn't even hide it. Fucking manbaby.

Trilobite

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
This is terrible.
I used to watch Caleb around 2015-2016, but around the time Barbie visited I had grown tired of his bad attitude, also he had started saying pretty alt-right seeming things.
Before I had picked up in the signals but he always course corrected or broke down homophobic and racist comments and made the commenters feel stupid.

I unfollowed and stopped watching him long before the transphobic thing got out because the vibe I started getting was not good.

I could not care less about Caleb, I am angry that she had to go through all of that.
For all the macho bravado Caleb puts on, he is nothing but a small self centered little boy.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I feel there should almost be a separate area dedicated to this kind of shit going on. Not sure it's Gaming Discussion, more like minor gaming celebrity cesspool discussion.
Nope the trash in this community needs to keep getting outed and we need to keep discussing it.

demu

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I don't know if I should link it, but Caleb and his mom are live on stream right now. "False allegations", "bunch of lies" etc.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
I knew he was a transphobic and homophobic racist with rage issues, but this is certainly something else.

EDIT: And I guess it doesn't end there.

Not the least bit surprising considering the way he was drunkenly ogling my 14 year old daughter at SGDQ19. I wasnt the only person who seen it or mentioned it either, i wont drop names but there are definitely a few others who told me he was. Sorry you had to experience that.

Last edited:

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
Yeah so, his mother is on stream threatening to ruin Barbie's life over this and calling her "mentally ill" so if you'd like it'd be nice if you reported caleb's stream both on twitch and to twitch on twitter.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
You mean the same dude who was banned from Twitch for being a racist pos? You don't say
www.resetera.com

Speedrunner CalebHart42 banned from Twitch for racism.

I thought this was really interesting: https://www.dailydot.com/parsec/calebhart42-twitch-ban-racist-chat/ CW: Hard-R N-word. I think in this particular case, it's pretty clear he deserves a ban. The T.O.S forbids streamers from broadcasting themselves being racist. Caleb broadcast himself...

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
While I was reporting him on Twitch this fucking clown was saying where's the proof. Fuck this cunt.

May 24, 2019
Jeez.

Him: "I'm not going to pay child support"
Her: "I'm not asking you to"
Him: "Well I don't think you should have to deal with it yourself. That's not fair... so you'd better destroy it."

These aren't exactly quotes, but close enough.

Also starting an encounter with someone by repeating that you're not a rapist like a mantra...

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Wow. Caleb Hart, the same guy who threw a hissy for Twitch telling him not to stream shirtless awhile ago and would spend half his stream just flexing his muscles is a terrible asshole? I'm stunned...

Feel so terrible for her if that's true. No man has a right to pressure or tell a woman what to do with their body and it's even shittier his family was behind it too.

Edit: Had no idea about the racist stuff either. What a piece of shit.

He's also a mod for Maximillian Dood. I'm guessing Max just doesn't know all the shit Caleb's been involved with?