• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Being rich really insulates the fuck out of you. Its a convention of intolerant assholes who get together to figure out how to be more intolerant and who's currently the best at it.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
Transwoman goes seeking the approval of transphobes who victimize other minority groups thinking because she has money and influence they will embrace her, finds out transphobia don't like her and her desire to be accepted by them so she can join them in oppressing others ends up blowing up in her face.

I call this a lesson learned as to not be a piece of shit, and not to try and befriend people who treat others like shit.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
As a Trans woman I feel sorry for her, but also I'm still flabbergasted how any trans person can be a republican.
It's not that hard to believe. When a person reaches a certain level of class and wealth, the social impact of electing people who are actively fighting to destroy who you are doesn't really apply. It only impacts normal people and especially the vulnerable. She has more to benefit by the GOP efforts to make the rich richer. The tax cuts that Trump did when he was president far benefited the likes of Caitlyn. So from her prospective who cares if they don't allow her in the women's bathroom? She can be flown in to a 7 star bathroom whenever she wants. She doesn't care about discrimination protection because she doesn't work for anyone nor will she ever.

Her type also believe they will be safe if shit really hit the fan and a nazi like regime takes over by being loyal and supportive of such movement. One great example is Ruben. A gay married man who is such an embarrassment to the gay community. Look up his interactions with Shapiro. It's utterly pathetic.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I agree in that I think that's why it's not as effective, but I still view people like Blaire White and Caitlyn as attempting to be seen as one of the good ones. They want to distance themselves from the community and endear themselves to conservatives in doing so.
Oh, for sure, plenty will still try. I just don't think they'll have as much success. Even a Caitlyn Jenner who says all the right things is going to be viewed unfavorably by a large portion (if not a strong majority) of the GOP who will always see her as a trans woman actively challenging God's design or whatever.

To put it another way, they'll never see her as "one of the good ones" because there is no such thing as a good gay or trans person to these people.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
I feel bad for her, but what the fuck did she expect?
Most likely? To be the token 'trans' Republican that gets trotted out to say how much better it is with x,y,z transphobic laws under Republicans than whatever the Dems are doing. Like Candace Owens for issues with African Americans, but Republicans don't really hide their transphobia behind anything like they do their racism, so they have no need for her.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
Most likely? To be the token 'trans' Republican that gets trotted out to say how much better it is with x,y,z transphobic laws under Republicans than whatever the Dems are doing. Like Candace Owens for issues with African Americans, but Republicans don't really hide their transphobia behind anything like they do their racism, so they have no need for her.
Makes sense considering it's Caitlyn Jenner we're talking about. But like you said, Republicans are perfectly happy being openly transphobic.

Shigs

Oct 31, 2017
Los Angeles
Transwoman goes seeking the approval of transphobes who victimize other minority groups thinking because she has money and influence they will embrace her, finds out transphobia don't like her and her desire to be accepted by them so she can join them in oppressing others ends up blowing up in her face.

I call this a lesson learned as to not be a piece of shit, and not to try and befriend people who treat others like shit.

Oh, trust me. That bitch hasn't learned shit.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Caitlyn Jenner is a fucking trashbag, but no one deserves slurs thrown at them based on their sexual identity. That's lower than low.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
"no one deserves slurs thrown at them"

Is anyone actually saying other wise in this thread?
The general consensus seems to be 0 empathy for her, not applauding the slurs thrown at her

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
I feel bad for her, but what the fuck did she expect?

I'm really struggling with posts like this. Because it's the exact same posts I see when it comes to women who are raped and someone goes "I feel sorry for her but she was dressed provocatively around a bunch of virile men, what did she expect?"

We really shouldn't be doing this. Yes she's not a nice person in general but no-one deserves hate crimes, weather verbal, psychological, physical or sexual.

We should be focused on the disgusting acts of the people who did this rather than the victim herself. Her past or political alignment shouldn't come into play.

It makes me think Era would just say "I feel bad but, what did they expect" if a black republican senator got lynched and that frightens me regarding a lack of compassion due to political alignment regards to hate crimes of marginalised people.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User banned (1 month): Rationalizing transphobic abuse
I'm really struggling with posts like this. Because it's the exact same posts I see when it comes to women who are raped and someone goes "I feel sorry for her but she was dressed provocatively around a bunch of virile men, what did she expect?"

We really shouldn't be doing this. Yes she's not a nice person in general but no-one deserves hate crimes, weather verbal, psychological, physical or sexual.

We should be focused on the disgusting acts of the people who did this rather than the victim herself. Her past or political alignment shouldn't come into play.

It makes me think Era would just say "I feel bad but, what did they expect" if a black republican senator got lynched and that frightens me regarding a lack of compassion due to political alignment regards to hate crimes of marginalised people.

Wow. That you're equating a transphobe being treated to her own transphobia to a lynching and a rape is kind of crazy. It's insane the lengths people will go to bat for a woman who helps to contribute to the very attacks she just suffered.

She does deserve it, because she helped contribute to the environment that created it and then went to a convention where they celebrate that behavior.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017

I'd say it's three things.

One is which that Caitlyn is more powerful than a typical image of a victim of a hate crime. She has wealth/fame/status working for her and has a lot more power to protect herself in a situation like this than the average person that's deemed a victim.

Second is that hate crimes aren't equal in the way that you mention. People would say different things here if Jenner was physically attacked, or shot at, so a lynching comparison here wouldn't hold water.

Third, in a situation like this people have very little power to do anything meaningful with their feelings. So the logic is, why spend energy feeling anything in the first place for something that people aren't that interested in when they could focus that on somewhere else?

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Victim blaming stems from blaming people for actions that ultimately do not contribute to whether they become victims or not. There is nothing wrong with dressing provocatively, nor drinking, or walking down a dark street on your own in the middle of the night. So it is problematic when people blame victims and say that those actions contributed to them getting attacked.

Jenner did not innocently walk down a dark street, nor dress in provocative clothes to look pretty. She did not just want to have a good time drinking at a bar. She deliberately courts the attention of a party that is well known to be transphobic. She supports and pushes for policies and behaviour that actively harms LGBT citizens of America. Many have pointed out to her that Trump and the Republicans are not good for the LGBT community but she refuses to listen and still continue to claim that they are better than the Democrats, just so that she can actively try to benefit herself, at the expense of other people like her. She is not comparable to victims of hate crime and other crimes because she's not doing anything "innocently".

Yes no one deserves to be bullied and attacked for being trans. The CPAC people are wrong and no one here has said otherwise. But I would rather reserve my empathy for the thousands who will be affected by Jenner's actions than for her because she needs all the wake up calls she can get. This is like if someone has been being told something is poisonous numerous times and yet that someone still insist on taking a bite and ending up getting poisoned.

Last edited:

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Yes no one deserves to be bullied and attacked for being trans. The CPAC people are wrong and no one here has said otherwise. But I would rather reserve my empathy for the thousands who will be affected by Jenner's actions than for her because she needs all the wake up calls she can get. This is like if someone has been being told something is poisonous numerous times and yet that someone still insist on taking a bite and ending up getting poisoned.
Tbh I would say it's comparable to not wearing a mask bc you don't believe covid is real, endangering those around you with risk of being a super spreader

May 14, 2021

I'm struggling with your god awful analogies. This situation is nothing at all like an innocent woman being raped and then blamed for it because of how she dressed. That's ridiculous. Caitlyn enables these shitheads to harass and attack innocent LGBTQ individuals. And she does it for money.

Last edited:

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Did you think this post out at all?

Your post is beyond ignorant, it is plain stupid. You compared hurled slurs to rape and lynching. Touch grass.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Tbh I would say it's comparable to not wearing a mask bc you don't believe covid is real, endangering those around you with risk of being a super spreader

It's even worse than that because I'm sure she knows the transphobia is real but thinks she's different and special enough to be accepted.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017

Eeeeeehhhh. As a part black poc raised in a half black household, calling it a "political alignment" is an understatement. There are more than enough black Republicans in reasonably powerful places who have helped to directly make our lives a living hell, hurt people who look like them, and contributed to our ongoing oppression in direct and evil ways. I've got no sympathy for them when they're part of the fucking people oppressing me, even if their allies don't see them that way.

They themselves are part of the group committing said hate crimes even if they themselves are also the target.

To some degree I understand some of the weird reactions in this thread, but Jenner can be the victim of gross hate crimes/hateful actions while also being a person who does those exact same things to people like her, therefore making it near impossible for many to feel sympathy for her.

You can recognize that what the people at CPAC did is awful and fucked and evil, but you I see no reason why you can't also look at Jenner and what she's done to an oppressed group and shrug at her.

It's how I feel when I see Uncle Toms, so.

Tiamant

Oct 28, 2017
Fuck Santiago Abascal a million times over. Just the week Samuel got assassinated by some homophobic assholes he goes to a GOP circlejerk to spread more hate.

Everything bad coming his way is never going to be enough.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean I know Caitlyn is rich af so it doesn't surprise me that she is a republican because republican policy greatly benefits her but also does she think these people are going to actually cheer for her and accept her?

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017

What happened to her here is in no way comparable to lynchings or rape, what a horrible comparison to say the least.
Victim blaming stems from blaming people for actions that ultimately do not contribute to whether they become victims or not. There is nothing wrong with dressing provocatively, nor drinking, or walking down a dark street on your own in the middle of the night. So it is problematic when people blame victims and say that those actions contributed to them getting attacked.

Jenner did not innocently walk down a dark street, nor dress in provocative clothes to look pretty. She did not just want to have a good time drinking at a bar. She deliberate courts the attention of a party that is well known to be transphobic. She supports and pushes for policies and behaviour that actively harms LGBT citizens of America. Many have pointed out to her that Trump and the Republicans are not good for the LGBT community but she refuses to listen and still continue to claim that they are better than the Democrats, just so that she can actively try to benefit herself, at the expense of other people like her. She is not comparable to victims of hate crime and other crimes because she's not doing anything "innocently".

This.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
She's actively trying to sign trans people all across America up for more of this exact kind of abuse because she wants lower taxes.

Like an arsonist showing up to the ER with 3rd degree burns.

And to be extremely clear, fuck that piece of shit with the camera. The things he says and does in that video are heinous.

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017

You should think about the distinction between an innocent rape victim and a willing collaborator a little harder.

Rran

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wow. That you're equating a transphobe being treated to her own transphobia to a lynching and a rape is kind of crazy. It's insane the lengths people will go to bat for a woman who helps to contribute to the very attacks she just suffered.
I don't believe this user was equating the 2, but rather applying her "rule" garnered from the incident and personal assessment of the feedback in this thread, i.e. if a person places themself in an environment which they have a legal right to occupy, yet also are likely to be unjustly targeted, then that person should accept some degree of the consequences for "assuming the risk" (...at least, this is what I'm assuming to be the user's general interpretation of things...).

But whatever, I'm just spitballin' here; clearly we all respond differently to these sorts of things... Personally, my initial reaction was a bit of empathy for Jenner: sure, there are a myriad of things worth raking her thru the coals over, but this isn't one of them. Not that I don't understand how some would be unconcerned by what happened, but I just was (...a smidge).

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe this user was equating the 2, but rather applying her "rule" garnered from the incident and personal assessment of the feedback in this thread, i.e. if a person places themself in an environment which they have a legal right to occupy, yet also are likely to be unjustly targeted, then that person should accept some degree of the consequences for "assuming the risk" (...at least, this is what I'm assuming to be the user's general interpretation of things...).

But whatever, I'm just spitballin' here; clearly we all respond differently to these sorts of things... Personally, my initial reaction was a bit of empathy for Jenner: sure, there are a myriad of things worth raking her thru the coals over, but this isn't one of them. Not that I don't understand how some would be unconcerned by what happened, but I just was (...a smidge).

Sure, and I think it's ridiculous and gross to compare a collaborator with either of the horrifying comparisons that person chose. You can feel how you feel. But don't be surprised if others, in 2021, with the attacks on trans people we have, and a political party spurring those attacks on local, state, federal and personal levels, why others would not give one fuck about a woman that has aligned herself with the people pushing that agenda.

To compare a lynching or a rape to a willing collaborator who thinks that her wealth will insulate her from such attacks when she herself is helping to stoke animosity against people who are not afforded her privilege speaks a lot about a person that would twist their lips to say or bend their fingers to type such a sentiment.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Transphobia is unacceptable in any and all instances. Caitlyn Jenner is also a bigot herself and CPAC's bigotry is not particularly surprising either. Having said that no trans person, bigot or otherwise, deserves to have bigotry hurled at them. Given that there is nothing further here to discuss this thread has been closed to further replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.