• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AlwaysSalty

The Fallen
Nov 12, 2017
Yup sounds like the type of person that would take precautions around my food. If this was my favorite coffee spot I would turn around and never return.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
He's an idiot. "I don't believe in mask wearing," well then, I hope his business fucking tanks.

el jacko

Dec 12, 2017
As someone outside the US in a country where masks are absolutely not (nor have ever been) an issue, I am assuming that the vast majority of people in the US don't give a shit about other people wearing masks. Is that correct? Like, 99.9% of restaurants and people aren't going to make a stink because you have, in your personal capacity, decided to keep wearing a mask?

I am being hyperbolic in my "doubt" but I am also legitimately curious about the everyday situation over there. I love my masks and next time I visit home I want to be able to keep wearing it!

Deleted member 1698

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone outside the US in a country where masks are absolutely not (nor have ever been) an issue, I am assuming that the vast majority of people in the US don't give a shit about other people wearing masks. Is that correct? Like, 99.9% of restaurants and people aren't going to make a stink because you have, in your personal capacity, decided to keep wearing a mask?

I am being hyperbolic in my "doubt" but I am also legitimately curious about the everyday situation over there. I love my masks and next time I visit home I want to be able to keep wearing it!

70+ million people voted for Trump, you can do the math on the %

These people have done whatever the fuck they have been told to do by grifters since birth. Their parents, evangelicals, right wing politicians, the media, facebook, random dog on the street who barks at them you name it.

Dumb shits everywhere. Stinks will be stunk.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
"Don't Infringe my rights"

Also America

Tax everything like the British did in the America colony for wearing a mask

Proxy-Pie

Apr 3, 2018
This anti-mask stuff made me lose my faith in humanity. Why are you so angry? It's just a piece of cloth!

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Even a year later, I'm still shocked when I see just how threated people are by a piece of cloth that people choose to wear in order to protect others from a disease.

What a country.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around adults being so fragile.

10 years under a waterfall may give me my enlightenment.

JackSwift

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wish more places did this so I know where NOT to spend my money.
Feel free to out yourself scum.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
I mean hey, its your business bro and "freedom of choice" like you said sure
I just wouldn't fuck with yall and im sure yall would get like minded people who would support yall
Simple as that

Very weird that stuff like this gets talked about/boosted though

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
- You should wear a mask for safety
Children: ok

- You should wear a mask for safety
Adults: I HATE YOU

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Enter, take the sign off, leave with it.

Better/safer from being sued way of doing it without looking like you're "destroying property".

Pretend to trip, put out hand to catch self, rip sign off wall as you "fall".

If you do end up hurt due to fake fall, sue owner for "slippery floor". If not hurt, leave ripped/crumpled sign and walk out.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
"Proceeds will be donated to local charities assisting domestic abuse victims"

While this is a positive for those charities, I have no doubt at all in my mind that the owners of the cafe don't give a shit about these victims. This is stinking - absolutely reeking - with the scent of trying to deflect criticism by making critics look like assholes that don't care about domestic abuse victims if they speak out against the cafe. Using domestic abuse victims as a sword like this is absolutely disgusting.

Nov 8, 2017

Most people in the U.S. feel very strongly one way or another about other people's mask wearing habits.

Oct 27, 2017
This reminds me I went to get a haircut the other day and there's a business next door that had a "Masks not allowed inside" sign on the front door.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Anybody notice how now that we're turning the bend and masks aren't even required in a lot of places, people are getting even more vocal about it?

Ever start to think these people will miss masks because they love the idea of being a victim?

Last edited:

Ballou

Apr 2, 2020
"Proceeds will be donated to local charities assisting domestic abuse victims"

While this is a positive for those charities, I have no doubt at all in my mind that the owners of the cafe don't give a shit about these victims. This is stinking - absolutely reeking - with the scent of trying to deflect criticism by making critics look like assholes that don't care about domestic abuse victims if they speak out against the cafe. Using domestic abuse victims as a sword like this is absolutely disgusting.

I'm gonna take a wild guess here and say that no money will be raised by this, and if somehow there is the "local charities" won't see a dime of it.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Even a year later, I'm still shocked when I see just how threated people are by a piece of cloth that people choose to wear in order to protect others from a disease.

What a country.

Once you see anti-maskers as the white privilege/racist scumbags they really are it makes perfect sense.

Oct 27, 2017
Black Lives Matter stormed the capital(... ignoring the fact the crowd was 99% white and any possible reason said group would benefit from doing so)

normally we don't talk politics. Happened upon a tangent when talking about horse mats of all things
Your aunt is a moron. I honestly don't see how people keep others like this in their lives.

All the well, let me know not to give you my money.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
I would enter with a mask, ask for a drink, hope they make it before I pay, and act like I have no money, then leave.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
order my food then pay, put on a mask, brag about my vaccine and tell em to smd on my way out

actually hard pass at giving this chump any kinda money tbh

Therion

Oct 25, 2017
But Castleman said in a phone interview, "I don't force anyone to pay. I give them the freedom of choice, which seems to be a foreign concept in these parts of the country."
I wouldn't have guessed this guy was pro-choice.

Cafe closing update
Oct 27, 2017
Bump.

Fiddleheads Cafe in Mendocino is closing after months of controversy

Fiddleheads Cafe in Mendocino, known for its controversial stances on the state's mask mandate during the pandemic, is closing for good after the new owners of the building decided to cancel its lease.

The cafe's last day is July 4, owner Chris Castleman confirmed to SFGATE.

The building was recently sold, and the cafe's lease with the new owners — a couple from Marin — was canceled in June without explanation, Castleman said, just days after the cafe made national headlines in late May for adding a $5 fee for those who ordered food from his cafe with masks on.

Castleman said he was in talks to extend the lease for three months to September to allow for him to sell his business, but said he refused to sign the agreement when he saw the new terms. Among the conditions included in the month-to-month lease, along with a rent increase, were stipulations that there be "no further publicity related to the business, of any kind, regarding mask wearing or vaccinations, and business will comply with any orders, laws, or mandates of government," according to a copy of the extension contract Castleman provided to SFGATE.

The landlords, for their part, said they do not have any issues with Castleman's ideology. In an emailed statement to SFGATE they wrote, in part:

"We respect and are accepting of all our Tenants' political and personal beliefs. However, if a Tenant's behavior impacts the business of other Tenants (driving away customers to the building) or creates a potential liability (e.g. large fines the building owner is ultimately responsible for or conflict in the community that could translate into physical altercations), then it becomes a business decision as to whether or not to continue the Tenancy. ... Hours were spent discussing Chris Castleman with members of the Mendocino community and it became clear from the feedback that it was in our best interest for him to leave. Out of respect for Chris, we will not repeat the intense negative feedback we have heard from the community and strong advice that he needed to leave ASAP.

"During our evaluation, Chris Castleman created a false narrative that we ended his month-to-month lease due to a disagreement with his ideology. We received multiple messages — many threatening — from his supporters that expressed dismay we would not renew his lease based on a difference in ideology. This narrative is patently false. This is a business and since we will be losing money with the decision to end his lease, its just indicative of the magnitude to which Mr. Castleman's beliefs have interfered and added risk to the overall business. We have heard from people in the community that continue to steer clear of the building as a result of Mr Castleman, and some have expressed fear."

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017
Pay with a card and then cancel the charge

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017

Valiant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California cafe owner charges customers $5 fee for wearing masks (nbcnews.com)

210528-fiddleheads-eatery-ac-929p.jpg

owner sounds like just the type of dipshit you'd expect

Unlucky it's in cali. I would go in an brag and then ask them to enforce that policy. Cali Era will you do this for me if you are by it? How are they gonna enforce it after you have already gotten your coffee?

EDIT: Oh they are closing soon. Hopefully they are broke af now.

maabus1999

Oct 26, 2017
Man that guy is a horrible business man. Rather let his business burn then shut up for three months to sell the business....then of course he complains about it.