• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Hmmmm honestly looking at the characters on the select file it makes me wonder if there will be an update pushed with a second row of characters and other content

Narroo

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
3 daily challenge runs, 3 almost immediate deaths. Today's had a Lynel one screen away from the spawn point...
Be a Coward! To finish a Daily Run, run away from everything and abuse the Lute and Bush Respawing.

The bushes outside link's house and the windmill have guaranteed hearts, and will re-spawn whenever you go into a cave. The lute allows you to exist dungeons as well.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Hmmmm honestly looking at the characters on the select file it makes me wonder if there will be an update pushed with a second row of characters and other content

Here's hoping, maybe with a couple of extra Necrodancer reps too. Eli's bomb-only playstyle would be a pretty good fit. There's already a reference to him in-game as well.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone tell me if I'm missing something obvious? I see a lot of treasure chests and heart pieces on the second or third levels of land if that makes sense that I can't figure out how to get to.

Usually there's movable blocks in the same screen as them - am I just being a dummy and not figuring out how to arrange them to make it to the items, or is that there's items that I haven't added to my inventory yet and that's why I can't reach them?

I just got the
power glove
last night before I called it quits, and that seems like it might help but I'm not sure.

Bananastand

Oct 26, 2017
Had a blast playing through this. Going to start a new seed soon but honestly, I would love some more dlc as well.

Narroo

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
I think it can be unlocked now, but we just haven't figured it out. I have a feeling it's Impa
Eh, the internet would have figured it out by now, unless the unlock method is something truly absurd which is something Nintendo probably wouldn't allow.

Between millions (?) of players, and hackers dumping the game data files, someone should have found it by now. I suppose the unlock could be gametime related (Play 100 hours?), but I think hackers would still find assets for the character.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Well this is annoying. I've beaten the temples and breached Hyrule castle, and it seems I need the hookshot to proceed. I have absolutely no idea where it might be, so I guess I'll have to comb through the entire world map again.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Eh, the internet would have figured it out by now, unless the unlock method is something truly absurd which is something Nintendo probably wouldn't allow.

Between millions (?) of players, and hackers dumping the game data files, someone should have found it by now. I suppose the unlock could be gametime related (Play 100 hours?), but I think hackers would still find assets for the character.
Like, I dunno, it would feel weird that they have that 5th caracter slot in your face only for it to be locked until some future content.

It would be nice if someone dumped the data files or something and gave some kinda confirmation whether there's another character or not because I keep trying to do stuff but I can't figure it out

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Just picked this up yesterday and am really enjoying it! I'm not good by any means, but I'm two dungeons down, and haven't felt the need to change the beat mode.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
Is this a meaningful sequel to crypt of the necrodancer, in terms of mechanics and stuff, or is it mostly Crypt of the necrodancer 1 with a very cool skin/music put ontop of it?

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
A nice video from the guitarist for the soundtrack

I can't imagine how everyone must have been when they heard they'd be working on a Zelda game. I saw a video clip from years back of Danny Baranowsky being asked which franchises he would like to compose music for. He said he would like to do so stuff for Nintendo games like the The Legend of Zelda but thought it would never happen. Glad everyone got a chance with this rare opportunity.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
This game was really awesome. Loved that it took most of its inspiration from LTTP.

I'm bummed that it only lasted 5-6 hours, though. And it doesn't appear like there's any deep post-game content. For that reason, I don't really think the game is worth $25. But $10 - $15 for sure.

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
Haven't finished yet but I'm close at about 4 hours playtime. What a lovely game!! Me and my 7 year old daughter are having a blast dancing and making our way around the map!!

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
This game was really awesome. Loved that it took most of its inspiration from LTTP.

I'm bummed that it only lasted 5-6 hours, though. And it doesn't appear like there's any deep post-game content. For that reason, I don't really think the game is worth $25. But $10 - $15 for sure.
I mean isn't that what Replay is there for? Single character challenges? Daily NSO challenges? Different challenge settings? And likely there will be more NSO content

Runner

Nov 1, 2017
It's interesting they dont tie items to dungeons, it feels like you're playing a zelda randomizer - I got the bow in a random underground room.

Btw, how does fixed beat mode work with coop, do you 'share' beats (ie, both players have to move) or does each player movement cause a beat (which would make it harder than regular coop since in regular coop you CAN share beats)

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
I think it looks cool, but it seems quite expensive. Bought Crypt of The Necrodancer on sale first, and then I'll use that to gauge my interest.

Miletius

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Berkeley, CA
This game is amazing. The first play through is quite relaxing once you nab a few heart pieces, but is still difficult enough that you might die if you get careless. I think they really nailed the CoTN x Necrodancer so well. Played a bit of co-op too, and I think she digs it.

Only minor complain is that my hand cramps up in handheld mode, so I have to play docked or detached. I haven't experienced that before but perhaps it's common for these type of games. Maybe I'm just getting old =(

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Well I found the last heart piece I was missing. It was a reward for getting a high score in Bombchu Bowling. But now this begs the question of where the bigger bomb bag is!

unless i already have it since i can hold 10 bombs

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Just finished the first playthrough, fantastic game.
The music is so good.

Only thing I wished for were more actual puzzles in the dungeons.
I imagine there could be done some very interesting puzzles with the projectiles that move one square only if you move too. Well, guess you can't have everything.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Not the most obvious reference point. But to an extent this game reminds me of Yoda Stories. I'm sure Zelda was a reference point for the Lucasarts game, but the procedural generation of the overworld really reminds of Yoda Stories. And if we are dreaming about future licensed games, a Star Wars one would be rad. Hell, Toe Jam & Earl seems like another logical crossover.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
I seriously can't find the last heart piece I need.

It's not in the overworld.
It's not in any shop.
It's not in any town.
It's not in any dungeon.
It's not in the lost woods.

Where the fuck else could it be?

to be honest i can't even remember the first reward i got

i kept getting progressively higher scores last night and was only rewarded with rupees after i got the final heart piece
What was your score when you got the heart piece? I've gotten 20+ and only get ruppees so I thought I couldn't get any more prizes

ProfessorLv10

One Winged Slayer
May 27, 2019
The last two heart pieces I had to find was in Ganondorfs room and in Lost Woods. They do not show up on the map sadly.

Scrooge

Oct 25, 2017
The difficulty curve of this game is not good and brings the overall game down a bit. You struggle for a short bit until you get a better weapon and then BAM ridiculously easy the rest of the game with a slight uptick at the very end. I did play CotN, but I think even if I hadn't I'd have found most of the game absurdly easy.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
Does waiting in place count as a missed beat? It doesn't say "missed beat" but it's causing me to lose the chest you can't miss a beat to open.

If that's the case, I don't even know how to beat 80% of the enemies because they all attack on move.

I believe if you use the war drum it keeps the beat without you having to move.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
I beat 3 dungeons and didn't even visit the left hand of the map, maybe 40% visited total. Literally just learned that potions exist