• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DarkJedi78

Oct 25, 2017
OH
I didn't think I would have so much trouble playing this. I can get the rhythm down but I'm getting killed left and right. Any tips to help out?

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Finished it today.

Awesome nostalgia blast, but I feel the second half is way too easy. You can really blast through this thing real quick,wich could make score attack real interesting?

A tad dissapointed at the difficulty, but then again, I never finished Necrodancer, so I still have that to play too

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
Does anyone know how to get this heart piece?

D9EBhnuU4AE59WE.jpg
Do you have the dash? Could try throwing one of the stepstones to help you get to one of the higher floors then dash through the air. Doesn't seem to always work though, I know it does over water at least. Alternatively, for stuff like this I've hunted down the floaty boots but they only work for a couple spaces.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do you have the dash? Could try throwing one of the stepstones to help you get to one of the higher floors then dash through the air. Doesn't seem to always work though, I know it does over water at least. Alternatively, for stuff like this I've hunted down the floaty boots but they only work for a couple spaces.

Yeah, I've tried the dash and creating a block using the cane. I'm completely stumped.

If anyone's figured this out, please let me know how you did it!

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I found all but one in caves right next to the temple. Had to dig em up.

Last one was in the dessert nearby but was a pain to get. Ended up going back to find hoverboots to get it.
Thanks! Also, does anyone have a link to the pause screen music in the ice dungeon? That track absolutely BANGS. And if any sound designers out there can tell me how to recreate the genesis twang synth in ableton, that'd be cool hahaha

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
Final boss aside, this game pulled no punches in affirming I have no sense of rhythm -- and yet, I already want to play it again. (Not that I have a choice, given I'm already planning to write guides, LOL.)

Soundtrack when??? The Lost Woods ambiance and Gerudo Valley were killer.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at what I believe is the very end and I'm trying to figure out an optional puzzle.

The side door in the dark world castle, with the ganon statues and the draggable blocks on the left side of the room.

I feel like an idiot but I have no idea what to do here.

EDIT: omg. It was so simple. Everything was a red herring. (._. )

Last edited:

the7samurai

Oct 30, 2017
I feel like I don't deserve to listen to the songs in this game. They are all at least great. A couple of them make me feel emotional

trugs26

Jan 6, 2018
Literally got stuck in the first room. I missed the fairy's dialogue. Man I feel stupid. How do I get past the stumps?

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I'm at Hyrule Castle.
The King says there's a trial to get something useful and the room is fool of stuff that shoot pink and green fire at you.

There's a big pit in the room and I have no idea how I'm supposed to get across to reach the item. Am I missing something or do I not come back to this till later?

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Played for two hours tonight for a total of three. Beat my first boss in
Lost Woods.
. I explored the entire right-side 3.5 columns and got a bunch of items such as
the lute, big shield (I regret that pick since Zelda can't use it, should have got the boomerang), Tingle Dowser, compass, an extra bottle for stamina refills, bombchus and a poison dagger.
. Have six hearts and a spear with poison and broadsword with multiplier-based damage up to three; pretty much means I can wreck anything in my way without worries, haven't died since I got four hearts and a bottle for extra recovery. Game is super fun and with it having a more adventure aspect than the original, I can play longer than an hour before being drained from dying in Zone 2 all the time.

Now please have the team make a Cadence of Brinstar Feat. Metroid along with Metroid Metal doing the music for the Permadeath Run at least, please Nintendo.

Last edited:

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Two dungeons down and at the entrance of the third. This game is a genuine challenge, but definitely not overwhelming.

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
Is this supposed to be played as survival game, in seeing how far you can go without dying while finding items and gearbox getting better?

APerfectOrganism

Sky Van Gogh
Dec 23, 2018
Washington State
Died about 10 times in the first 15 minutes, now I'm on a 30 minute run with one dungeon down. I don't normally enjoy rogue-lits but this game is something truly special.

Still playing it to that rhythm too; and it's a banger on every screen

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
So I'm at Hyrule Castle.
The King says there's a trial to get something useful and the room is fool of stuff that shoot pink and green fire at you.

There's a big pit in the room and I have no idea how I'm supposed to get across to reach the item. Am I missing something or do I not come back to this till later?

Have you tried
shooting your hookshot at the chest on the other side

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Beat it.

This is a great fucking game.

And that was a seriously creative final boss. One of the better Ganon fights too IMO.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm interested in picking this up after noticing the original was on sale and picking that up. But I'm already in the middle of so many different games, lol.

Is there any chance this will go on sale at some point too?

ErrorJustin

Oct 28, 2017
Beat it. Great game.

Feels a LITTLE short for $25 but all the original art and original music from such a small team means I can't really complain.

It'd feel a little better to me post-credits if there was a hard mode, endless dungeon, or something else to jump back into besides a new world with a new seed.

Like others I died like 15 times early on in just the first few screens but you really do eventually get into a rhythm (har har) and then I blasted through the FINAL THREE dungeons with 0 deaths.

The beginning is harder. You get hella gear later on that more than off-sets the tougher enemies.

I used the sword that hits 3-wide AND I upped its damage from 1 to 2. Felt borderline broken - it melted all the bosses.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
So the arrow minigame... Am I supposed to win the arrows this way, or is the top prize the heart piece? This is the most challenging part so far.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Is the remix from the E3 trailer up somewhere on youtube?

I think I might have to buy this game based on that alone

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I'm just now entering Hyrule Castle and I've got every single item except for 1 heart piece. Should I expect it soon? Because it's not showing up on my map at all.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
This was way easier than necro lol :) surprised at the amount of shit I still find after finishing the game, except for dekus. Found a certain cave but nothing else. If anyone has any hints, I'm all game.

Last edited:

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Finished it up last night, good game. Immediately restarting for a permadeath Zelda-only run with fixed-beat mode to play when I'm watching other stuff.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
This need to be said again : this game easily have the OST of the year, they really did an amazing job.