• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Am I being stupid, how do I equip shields as Zelda, is it not possible? I've picked up two so far and in the description it has a picture of both link and zelda and says press r to use it, but r is naryu's love.

As far as I can tell, Zelda can't equip shields. You should compare the picture in the description with pictures of Zelda on items you know she can wield.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
So, I've been playing for a while and i have something i can't figure out with the weapons!

Everytime i have a new type of dagger, i can keep it and change between them in the menu... but for a broadsword it doesn't work, i can upgrade it to obsidian or titanium, but it will replace the previous version

how does that work?
When you pick up a weapon from the overworld, it's added to your inventory, so you can have several daggers if you pick them up. When you upgrade a weapon, it replaces the one you have, because you upgraded it.

So, question. I went to the fortune teller, which put a marker on my map. But when I go to that panel, I can't find anyone/anything. Is there something or someone specific I'm supposed to find?
I think the fortune teller tells you where to go to get an important item for the next dungeon, like, for example if it points you to the lake dungeon the exclamation will be in a place where you can get the flippers, and such. You'll usually have to do some kind of puzzle there.

Am I being stupid, how do I equip shields as Zelda, is it not possible? I've picked up two so far and in the description it has a picture of both link and zelda and says press r to use it, but r is naryu's love.
It's a picture of Link and Cadence, Zelda can't equip shields

Resetti

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone knows where to find the daily challenges? Beat the game and only seems to find the leaderboard for daily challenges and there's only 1 record.

Deleted member 9971

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game is so good just bear it in 5 hours and 50 minutes and imma play a new playthrough and see how much changes myself. Naice that it is quite short so you can play through it easily in one sitting if needed be.aybe theyll update in extra content over time aswell 👀

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Just finished the game, never managed to find that last missing heart piece, lol

Ganon was quit easy compared to the hydra i add to fight in the temple of storm before it

Damn the music are so good... now the real challenge is trying to beat it like real necrodancer with permadeath! Gonna be hard

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

That's not Zelda in the "who can equip" portraits, that's Cadence.

Last edited:

membran

Oct 27, 2017
surely this can't be true

Well it says this on the game's store page , maybe it's oddly worded and they always put that explanation behind every mention of the word "online" :

1muzH4B.png

Deleted member 32804

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 13, 2017
I just beat it at 16 hours. How the hell did I put so much time in already??? I didn't notice the time at all so I'm a little shocked.

I need a sequel please. This is straight up a Zelda game and it's really really good!!!

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
I played until I got to
Kakariko Village and unlocked Zelda
last night and holy cow I didn't expect that to even be in the game. I mean I knew it was Zelda themed, but this literally is just a new Zelda game with a rhythm element.

I'm not finding keeping up to the beat a problem, it's more of a struggle learning enemies patterns. Can someone give me a rundown of which types of items stay with you after death? I feel like some stay permanently that I wouldn't expect and vice versa.

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I played until I got to
last night and holy cow I didn't expect that to even be in the game. I mean I knew it was Zelda themed, but this literally is just a new Zelda game with a rhythm element.

I'm not finding keeping up to the beat a problem, it's more of a struggle learning enemies patterns. Can someone give me a rundown of which types of items stay with you after death? I feel like some stay permanently that I wouldn't expect and vice versa.

You lose anything that can break (shovel, torch, ring, boots), along with your rupees. You always keep your weapons and key items.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I played until I got to

Everything that has a durability bar is lost. Rings and rupees are also lost. I think everything else, including consumables (glass weapons, bombs, scrolls, etc.), is kept, which I didn't expect either.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
So if I'm offered a weapon at the death screen to buy with diamonds, I can keep it? Or do those all have durability? Or is it only shopkeepers that offer weapons without durability. Sorry, I was kind of in a trance playing this cause the music is so freaking good so I missed some details.

KingKong

Oct 27, 2017
its weird, this was very difficult with the starting weapon, like dying every couple of screens, but as soon I got the spear and then broadsword (and maybe upgrade it) Im clearing the overworld barely losing health

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
So if I'm offered a weapon at the death screen to buy with diamonds, I can keep it? Or do those all have durability? Or is it only shopkeepers that offer weapons without durability. Sorry, I was kind of in a trance playing this cause the music is so freaking good so I missed some details.

All weapons are permanent, except glass weapons (those break if you're hit). You can actually stockpile the latter.

its weird, this was very difficult with the starting weapon, like dying every couple of screens, but as soon I got the spear and then broadsword (and maybe upgrade it) Im clearing the overworld barely losing health

Yeah, this is my biggest issue with the game. I have a +1 morning star and it has pretty much trivialized combat. Gohmaracas was down in like 15 seconds, no kidding. I think weapons should be lost upon death.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who didn't really like the difficulty of Crypt I really, really liked Cadence of Hyrule. I basically played it like a super weird, quirky Zelda game and it was great fun, and the options are there for people who want more of a challenge (though they could always add more). It's definitely gonna end up on my GotY list.

Also that Great Sea music transition is perfection

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I'm actually not sure that it's ever explained in-game, but any weapon you get that isn't glass is permanent. Even glass weapons will persist after death if they didn't shatter yet, though.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Okay, now that I'm learning that weapons are permanent, this game will be a lot easier for me

I've died like 50 times, although I did beat Gleeokenspiel last night

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
this is just a guess but I think to unlock Cadence you need to
find all the caves where she gives you items, and in the last one you visit, you get her

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
When you have 750 rupees but inadvertently die.

Anyone know a place to collect a lot of rupees quickly? I have things to buy

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
I think the fortune teller tells you where to go to get an important item for the next dungeon, like, for example if it points you to the lake dungeon the exclamation will be in a place where you can get the flippers, and such. You'll usually have to do some kind of puzzle there.

On this note - I am stuck here. I got into the cave where the marker is pointing, but I could not figure out what to do. Am I able to get the flippers yet? Note, I just started and havent done any dungeons, just trying to find out where to go. I found Cadence nearby and got the Lute, and she mentioned a cave in the Northwest where Zoras might be. Am I supposed to go to that cave first then come back to this Ice-ish cave with the sleeping fish?

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
On this note - I am stuck here. I got into the cave where the marker is pointing, but I could not figure out what to do. Am I able to get the flippers yet? Note, I just started and havent done any dungeons, just trying to find out where to go. I found Cadence nearby and got the Lute, and she mentioned a cave in the Northwest where Zoras might be. Am I supposed to go to that cave first then come back to this Ice-ish cave with the sleeping fish?
The cave in the northwest is the one with the sleeping fish. Try speaking to all of them

king_kerry

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I don't know about most but im finding myself keeping up with the rhythm better using the pro controllers joystick over the d-pad, even when the game stated it may be better to play on the pad.

Tangerine

May 24, 2019
I am absolutely loving this game :D Its beautiful to look at, with lots of item and enemy variety. The music is great. The rhythm element is addictive and engaging. Definitely a 9/10 game for me!

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkkkkkkhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I'm including in this thread because it features of the Cadence of Hyrule guitarist.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Started last night before bed and went in knowing I had no rhythm. The game could tell I was bad and suggested I turn it onto free mode or whatever... However, I just... couldn't get into it which is disappointing. I'll try some more tonight but right now I'm not enjoying it. :(