• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Drakken

Oct 28, 2017
As someone who never played the original, I'm so curious to see what this is and how exactly it plays (beyond just hearing the general concept).

Also wondering if this is going to have some kind of story, and if so, whether this would be considered "canon" in the Zelda universe? Or if it's just its own silly, fun thing.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
still waiting
will probably end up buying necrodancer in the end while waiting, even if I already have it on pc lol

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
Ah this looks great but it's going to be a price vs content thing for me. Seems like a genius game to get made for the switch's portability tho.

Also curious if coop is good. Other wise this seems great.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't 100% sold on this until I read about the "fixed beat" mode. Now it's bought.

I'm mainly super excited about the music to be honest.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
BrokenCourageousChital-size_restricted.gif

TRUE_EARTH

Mar 21, 2019
i am sure the tracks will be extremely excellent; art style is way more polished than original too :D

going to be great!

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
I'm literally only interested in this to hear all the kick ass remixed tracks. I assume we'll get some reviews once the game launches?

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Ah this looks great but it's going to be a price vs content thing for me. Seems like a genius game to get made for the switch's portability tho.

Also curious if coop is good. Other wise this seems great.

If it's like the first game then there'll be plenty to do for the price. Especially since there's a more persistent mode then a permadeath mode like the first game.

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Wild that there aren't any advance reviews on this one? I guess the really awkward timing of E3 being here and all.

I pre-ordered it anyway, as I loved Crypt.

TehOh

Oct 25, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
Very interested in this fixed beat mode. I suck so badly at rhythm games, so if I could just play this as a Zelda game with a phenomenal soundtrack, I'm in.

Airbar

Oct 26, 2017
Was interested in this until I saw the price tag. €25 is just too much for me right now. Have fun everyone who gets it tho!

Jenoss

Oct 26, 2017
Kinda, after a while the music stop and you drop to the next floor, I assume if Cadence does this, it'll be in dungeons only as they looks like Necrodancer's floors.

Maybe i missed something... There are different type of areas with different set of game rules?
As dungeons with time limit, and normal outside world with no time limits?

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe i missed something... There are different type of areas with different set of game rules?
As dungeons with time limit, and normal outside world with no time limits?
Overworld looks like it's free to roam around as you want, dungeons looks like thye have a lobby with the boss door and stairs to go into the dungeon itself where the gameplay is very similar to Crypt of the Necrodancer.
The Treehouse Live will certainly answer those questions

Jenoss

Oct 26, 2017
Overworld looks like it's free to roam around as you want, dungeons looks like thye have a lobby with the boss door and stairs to go into the dungeon itself where the gameplay is very similar to Crypt of the Necrodancer.
The Treehouse Live will certainly answer those questions
Thanks for the reply, i don't have much time to update myself sadly.
I will just probably buy the game this night and hope for the best :D

I'm already relieved by the fact that i can use the "Fixed Beat" mode.