• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
I'm expecting a release just after it has been shown on Treehouse Live today.

Carbone

Oct 27, 2017
It sucks we never know when the release happen with eshop games.
Sometimes midnight, sometimes randomly throughout the day, sometimes with the eshop update. Is it that hard to set a release time and stick to it ?

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Damnit, I even took my Switch to work today so I could play during my lunch break...

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
That's pretty lengthy. Figured like 4-6 hours for this type of game

They're both roguelikes, in Crypt of the Necrodancer a single run can take less than 30 minutes if you're good at it, but there are 15 characters in total (11 to unlock) with different gimmicks (4 characters in total with unique story cutscenes and bosses). The whole rhythm aspect also gives the game a fair bit of a learning curve. Since there's only 2 or maybe 3 character characters known to be playable right now in Cadence of Hyrule it's not clear exactly how much content it has in comparison to Crypt of the Necrodancer, but it seems to at least have some options to smooth out the difficulty curve.

Last edited:

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
I really liked Necrodancer so I'm gonna play this but I'm probably one of the few people kinda disappointed by making the next game Zelda themed. I really hope there are more playable characters than just the three we know about.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'm not too polished up on my Zelda knowledge, but I assume that conductor person at the back is going to be the main villain.

Besides the Golden Lute itself, kind of.

Are they a specific LoZ character I don't recognise? The hair and ears look pretty similar to Link's.

Last edited:

Slai-Man

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not too polished up on my Zelda knowledge, but I assume that conductor person at the back is going to be the main villain.

Besides the Golden Lute itself, kind of.

Are they a specific LoZ character I don't recognise? The hair and ears look pretty similar to Link's.

I think it is a new villain, but it worth mentioning that the hair and ears look like Vaati:

KeRaSh

Oct 26, 2017
Does the shop on the website update the same time the console eShop updates? I'm checking both of them every now and then.

JustTom

May 28, 2018
Germany...
I wrote this earlier but in the German e3 trailer it says "Will be avaible during the evening on June 13th". It's 1:10PM now, so it may take between 4:50hrs and 6:50hrs til the game unkocks. I think Cuphead unlocked 8ish.

KeRaSh

Oct 26, 2017
I wrote this earlier but in the German e3 trailer it says "Will be avaible during the evening on June 13th". It's 1:10PM now, so it may take between 4:50hrs and 6:50hrs til the game unkocks. I think Cuphead unlocked 8ish.

Yeah I saw that. Thanks for the heads up. I'm still hoping someone messes up and presses the "release now" button early... :P

Buzzth

Jan 15, 2018
Japan
Can't wait to play this game. Honestly nostalgia hits hard hen they feed me great retro tunes into a new game.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Devs on twitter say it is digital only and Nintendo is the publisher so if it is not launching with physical then it is hard to see it later.

Also Crypt of the Necrodancer didn't get a physical, so odds here are too low.

There is a precedent of a Nintendo-published indie getting a later physical release with Snipperclips. I wouldn't say it's entirely out of the question.

Hampig

Oct 25, 2017
Do we have any idea if there are more than just 3 characters? Would be really neat if it had a handful of Zelda characters, but it feels like something they'd show off.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017

Cuphead isn't a relevant comparison here, since Nintendo is the publisher of Cadence of Hyrule in the West, while StudioMDHR is the publisher for Cuphead.

IMO, it seems pretty obvious by this point that it will not unlock until it has been demoed at Treehouse Live at E3, which is "indie day" today.

Do we have any idea if there are more than just 3 characters? Would be really neat if it had a handful of Zelda characters, but it feels like something they'd show off.

I think Treehouse Live might answer such stuff, later today.

Serein

Mar 7, 2018
Looking forward to this. Crypt is a fantastic game and one I really enjoy despite not being particularly good at it.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Right now my guess is they are going to play the game live on Treehouse, and release it right after the demo ends. Even if it is the first game on the show today that could still be a three hour long wait....

Carbone

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah... ugggh.. what a stupid move to announce it for the 13th then, in eastern Europe it will almost be the 14th. i will not watch Treehouse today, dont want the game spoiled right before its release.

Carbone

Oct 27, 2017
They even specified "in the evening" on French eshop.
I wouldn't expect it before at least 4-5 hours...
Do you mean on the french stream for the E3nintendo direct ?
because i just double checked the e-shop page and there's no mention of its estimate release hour.

Edit : yeah thats what you meant just saw the post about the german direct mentionning it too.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing Treehouse today will lead off with the game, and it'll go online alongside it.