• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Meh, guess I will just get the Joker and Banjo pack. Can't say I am interested in yet another Fire Emblem character.

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
I guess that's what the holding up 3 fingers meant? I didn't have a lot of hype going in to the announcement but it's still really deflating to see another fire emblem character... Is there just 1 character left in the pass?

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Crazy to think we've gotten so many new Fire Emblem characters...

... But Zelda hasn't had a new rep in the series in over 12 years.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Yeah I get Fire Emblem is Nintendos new darling and all, but the game is over saturated with FE characters and quite frankly, they are all basically the same.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
Would have been cooler for Byleth to work like the Pokemon trainer and swap out between the three lords.

Byleth feels so generic and unsuprising a choice that it ends up being a huge surprise.

To be fair it does look like a pretty strategic character moveset-wise, but I suck at Smash, so

Severance

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like this 20+ minute direct could easily be a one minute trailer. I've never sat through a Smash direct before, but this is truly awful to watch. "Hey look, this table breaks. This bridge is wide." Lol. My girlfriend and I can't stop laughing at this. Is this a 20 minute troll?

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean if honesty needs to be silences I can shutup but the majority is on the same page here. TBH we should all be refunded 5.99 off the price we paid for the season pass by nintendo for this.
ok yeah you're full of shit. Saying Sakurai failed as a developer because he included a character you don't like is acting like an entitled child.

You are owed jack fucking shit. No one put a gun to your head and made you buy the fighters pass.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2018
Sakurai loves Fire Emblem, simple as that.
I'm happy! Byleth looks great, the stage looks great and we get the gorgeous music from Thee Houses!

FourSerioux

Nov 1, 2017
Would have been more interesting had it been different students per costume, and it was a stance character that could switch between a few of the games specialties. They kind of have it in there with the different weapons, but Byleth is the most bland part of FE:TH which just adds to this character only blending in to the other FE characters even more.

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They probably did this outside of a regular direct because they knew it would sour the whole direct. This was just clearing way for the direct this weekend.

Team January, baby.
source.gif

Falore

Banned
Feb 15, 2019
ok yeah you're full of shit. Saying Sakurai failed as a developer because he included a character you don't like is acting like an entitled child.

You are owed jack fucking shit. No one put a gun to your head and made you buy the fighters pass.
Please stop whining and attacking me. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
I have to be honest. I'm a big fan of Smash, but this fighter pass really has been disappointing, especially with them ending on Terry and Byleth. The choices are really unfathomable to me.

Gaiseric

Aug 4, 2019
The most breathtakingly godawful choice humanly possible.

Literally almost anybody else would've been better. 🤦‍♂️

Barrel_Roll

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Well that was disappointing. Hopefully the ESO Skyrim livestream later today will make up for it. On the plus side, at least this isn't the last SSBU DLC.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Personally even though I did enjoy FE3H, Byleth is not a necessarily the character that would've pick from that game. But I'm sure there are people that wanted their inclusion and I'm honestly really happy for them, and Byleth does look fun to play.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
DAMMIT! No God-shattering Star.

At least Chasing Daybreak and Apex of the World are in.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Tbh I don't think they could have picked just one house leader without upsetting fans of the other two, so Byleth and different house skins was probably the best compromise

Kolibri

Nov 6, 2017
All in all, the fighters pass was still good, but it's just so weird to end with this one. Like if this was the 2nd or 3rd, and they ended on Banjo, fucking everyone would've been like "fighters pass redeemed!" or something like to that. Now it's just a letdown.
Also why these characters? There were better options, even in Three Houses...

Thank god there's more characters coming still, and this did not end up being the final addition.

And Zelda continues to have essentially three characters, even in a world post Breath of the Wild.
That's still annoying. Zelda, Ganondorf and Link(s)... That's it for one of the most legendary series of all time.