• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
I'm glad this isn't the final character, this character is beyond disappointing.

Oh and the female design looks stupid as hell.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
I love three houses so I'm in!!

"Launches on January 28th for $5.99, free if you already own the pass."
Wait, what does this mean? Free if you already own the pass? Is this not the 5th fighter from the pass?
It means that if you bought the pass previously, you get it automatically when released since you already paid for it.

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You would think fire emblem is a 20M+ seller with the amount of reps it gets

It would be better if they all didn't look the same

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
The funny thing is that I remember when this dlc pack was first announced everyone just kind of assumed this (FE three houses rep) would happen and now everyone is mad when it actually did

The rest of the pass was so solid that everyone assumed our worst fears were unfounded. This really should have been the first DLC character so we could rip the band-aid off quicker.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So disappointing in so many ways.

- another FE character (if it was a third party issue, there's tons of first party IPs to choose from)
- moveset is similar to a Monster Hunter character
- ending a season pass with big expectations on this
- 35minutes wasted on just explaining Fire Emblem

Come on now. How could they think this wouldn't disappoint people?
It's the same as when WWE made Rey Mysterio enter the Royal Rumble at #30 while people were expecting Daniel Bryan or someone else to win. Cool guy, but really not the time for this kind of decision.
Or when Blizzard announced a Diablo mobile game last year haha.

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Little disappointed, but kinda want to pick Three Houses back up for that second playthrough.

hammurabi

Oct 27, 2017
Never played a fire emblem game, so I don't have really any attachment to the character, but the moveset looks good. Should be pretty fun to use.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
She's in as a alt colour for Byleth. There's something at least.
Here's your Edelgard rep LMAO

EOaMKRIXkAABJPK.jpg:large
Is it something, though?

Is it *really*?

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
If it was going to be a new Nintendo character, I can be happy with this. I don't like any of the new Pokemon starter final evos and Rex and pyra suck. Pyra is such a trash anime design that I'm happy not to see more of those characters.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
The great thing about this is that people will now appreciate Hero and Terry more.
With this reveal, Terry is basically the only reason I bought the pass lol. I feel so conflicted right now between my OCD for having a full roster in my fighting games and the fact that I really dislike Fire Emblem.

Argus

Oct 27, 2017
Hearing that not only was it a Fire Emblem character, not only another sword user, but Byleth instead of Edelgard... Petra... Claude.... etc etc, actually made me snort out loud with how bad a choice this is.

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I think Byleth looks like an interesting character. I'd say all the people whining are embarrassing themselves. Like they did with Terry and Joker. Seems if anything is remotely "anime", people throw a fit.
It is pedfectly okay to like byleth but it's not hard to show a lil empathy and see why people would be disappointed

Jan 4, 2018
Another Fire Emblem character... There are so many characters and interesting IPs that deserve to be in Smash. The game has way enough FE characters.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
I'm guessing the problem is less of the critically acclaimed and successful Fire Emblem Three House getting a rep and more the fact that Awakening had no business getting three fighters and Corrin being here at all.
Franchise fatigue basically.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
This feels like a joke. Like... This feels like a parody. Literally anything would have been better than this. Any other 1st party franchise getting something new would be markedly better than this. Honestly it's unreal.
I honestly feel like at any point in the first ten minutes of the direct, Dante could've walked up, slapped Sakurai, and announced he was joining the fight instead of yet another FE character. Like, it plays as a parody of underwhelming character reveals.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
If it HAD to be another Fire Emblem character, it should have been Edelgard, Dimitri and Claude. Especially given he gave Byleth a bunch of other weapons anyway.

And then we could have had those three as Amiibo as well. Fuck getting a Byleth one.

henlo_birb

Dec 15, 2017
They probably did this outside of a regular direct because they knew it would sour the whole direct. This was just clearing way for the direct this weekend.

Team January, baby.