• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not too upset by it being Byleth, but I'm a little disappointed.

Sakurai's fervent insistence on gatekeeping with series' protagonists is misguided imo

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The too many swordies call out LOL

This is hilarious, tbh. I'm fine with the pick, and now we all get to see those folk who had the "confirmed leaks" walking back.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Most baffling to me is why would they save this for last? They know fans think there are too many FE characters. Why not put this in the middle of the fighters pass?

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Did anyone genuinely expect a mind blowing reveal when DLC5 wasn't being revealed in a direct?

Omegamon

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is literally worse than Corrin and I hated Corrin being DLC, at least Corrin is More interesting. I fucking hate Fire Emblem.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
lpt1NKg.png

Max is broken. Something is wrong.

He was putting down up to 300 sub bets for Dante....and then his reaction to it being a Fire Emblem character was hilarious.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't even in the least bit expect a single one of my wishes to make the roster. And I generally expected to be passively underwhelmed by the addition being some boring weeb shit like Sora, but nevertheless surprised at whatever game, franchise, character is represented.

But adding an eighth (8th) Fire Emblem character from the most recent and highly popular Fire Emblem game is so far from the realm of interesting and surprising I don't even know what to say. Like I'm actually disappointed, and I cannot articulate how confident I was I'd generally not care much about whatever they added and instead ride off the curiosity of the choice. This is so boring.

Oct 25, 2017
you could have just added edelgard. but nah. its funny how 3 of the dlc characters (joker, hero, byleth) are non characters in their own games who only nod their head

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Wait why did they keep this a secret worldwide? So we weren't disappointed early?

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Nintendo sure like to keep advertising Fire Emblem... Such a boring choice when Alex Kidd is such an obvious (but obscure) choice. Dante, Master Chief, Steve (Minecraft), and Doomslayer are also reasonable choices (minus the fact they're not very representative).

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
First post was made around 15 minutes ago and the thread is already 8 pages long. I wonder what all the posts could be about.

Seems legit.

Jun 26, 2018
I need to know how the japanese smash community is reacting to this, lol

Personally, it's probably the worst character from FE3H they could have picked, since the character is such a blank slate, even compared to robin.

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans
It's kind of funny to think of all the characters people SWORE this would be instead, only for Sakurai to withhold this rather milquetoast choice with EXTRA SECRECY. At least he's having fun. :)
...Like I said, though, mentioning "too many swords/FE" is not the same as addressing it.
I still need to play 3H...

Oct 25, 2017
Love this pick. I wanted more FE and more first-party from day one. Would have preferred Edelgard, but in the absence of getting all three lords (which would have been ideal) this implementation is a nice way to cater to them equally.

And think of all the spirits and music tracks!

Klappdrachen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
The characters look so boring, like alts for Marth and Lucina.
Can't say I'm not disappointed with this...

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's not a big deal. This was just Sakurai teaching us a different way to count to 4 on one hand.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
It's so funny to see so many people complain about Byleth being a swordsman lol

Misleading op worked well

Vinnk

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
Three Houses is one of my favorite games ever and even I am disappointed. I can't imagine how everyone else is feeling.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
And people kept being in denial after I said earlier today that DMC3 style switch announcement was all we were gonna get in regards to DMC announcement.

Dante ain't getting into Smash.