• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I would have taken literally any suggested character over Byleth.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Nintendo didn't know, hahahah way to hype up nothing Sakurai is such a troll.

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
I don't want to get into the argument of like, 'wow my favourite didn't get in!' but it does seem weird to me that some Nintendo franchises have no reps at all (like ARMS or Ring Fit Adventure, to name just a couple of Switch games) but Fire Emblem gets ten or so. I know the series is popular, but i'd be interested in knowing what goes into the thought process behind the picks.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly though, I'm glad I never got the fighter pass. There isn't a single character I would pay money for. Luckily the base roster is amazing.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
This doesn't seem worth the amount of work it took to cut this announcement video, not to mention all the work it took to put the "character" in Smash.

Timelord19

One Winged Slayer
Aug 21, 2018
Mallorca, Spain
b44.gif

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
What would have been even remotely surprising about this reveal? The way Sakurai hyped it up just before the trailer I was expecting something crazy...

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Thats just like so awful.

Terry, Banjo and Hero were less than $20

I won the bet I had against myself that I would not be interested in all 5 fighters so dont buy the Fighters Pass. Congratulations me

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't realise Byleth was part of the season pass. Gosh is that thing a bummer, in retrospect.
wow that female design is bad. is that really what it is. fire emblem's gotten pretty bad huh
Yeah, unfortunately. It's a few steps away from going full Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
Sakurai should make a Fire Emblem fighter if he likes the series so much, instead of filling the Smash roster with FE characters. So many other Nintendo series have so few characters in Smash compared to FE it's unfortunate.

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've said it before many times but I wish I could get excited like everyone else. The only problem is all the characters I want to play like Link and Samus are already in the game.

This is still good news though because I'm sure some people will be happy and the more people who are happy the larger the community grows.

Murugo

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The male/female thing is cool but that does mean an extra amiibo I will need to buy to complete this damn collection...

Kraq

Oct 25, 2017
Love Three Houses and FE in general, but this was lame. Byleth themselves aren't interesting; they should have gone with Edelgard instead.

Oct 27, 2017
United States
This is good for fans of the Fire Emblem series. But, it is a very safe choice to round out the Fighters Pass. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate already has seven characters from Fire Emblem, did we need another?