• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Button or Zip Fly?

• Button

Votes: 53 14.6%
  • Zip

Votes: 277 76.5%
  • Doesn't matter

Votes: 32 8.8%

• Total voters

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Button-v-Zipper-REV.jpg

Do you have a preference and if so, why?

I only just realised Levi 501 are button fly only since forever. Don't have a preference myself, own both in different jeans.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
I have worn pants my entire life and have not once seen a pair of pants that use the button method.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No idea how any can vouch for button, it's a PITA. Zip all the way, always. Also Levi's 511s for life.

Max|Payne

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Zip is faster but bad quality zips can get stuck or split apart.

Buttons is slower but usually more durable and reliable in the long term. Only issue is when they make the holes too tight. Fuck that.

wholahay

Dec 18, 2017
I don't hate a button fly but I'm a big boy and my jeans already whisker like crazy at the hips. Buttons tend to make the whole thing happen even faster.

OP
OP
jelly

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Never had a zip fail or a button fail so quality is good enough.

I would say never left the buttons open but a zip fly, it happens.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Zip.

Buttons are a pain in the ass and any potential benefit (longevity) isn't an issue with zippers. The pants will fall apart before the hardware does.

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017
This is the first time I've ever seen or heard of the button fly. It looks dumb, and if I just saw that image with no context I would assume it had been photoshopped

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Neither has lessened my or others' ability to open it, so I don't care. I guess zipper is slightly easier?

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Jeans like in the OP: always black and buttons only.
Any other kind of pants: both ways are fine I guess.

bunbun777

Oct 29, 2017
Nw
The poll results go against the established big dong canon of the members here. Guess you all like to live dangerously.

eosos

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
I feel like buttons are a mark of high quality jeans since they last longer. Sort of annoying when breaking in a new pair though.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I haven't seen button fly jeans in years, but I've gotten into this routine of basically only buying American Eagle jeans because I know they fit, they last, and they're pretty reasonably priced, and I don't feel like they even offer button fly as an option.

Oct 27, 2017
In my younger days I was all buttons, Levi 501's, good marketing. As I got older I embraced the zipper, Costco jeans are good enough for me now