• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Then last week, Buttigieg wrote an op-ed in a major South Carolina newspaper saying his campaign has "proudly partnered with local businesses," citing Diane's Kitchen in Chester and Atlantis Restaurant in Moncks Corner. But when ABC News reached out to the entrepreneurs about these new partnerships, they only remembered welcoming Buttigieg's campaign as customers, not forging any sort of partnership with the candidate.
"I stand for what I stand for and I didn't say I had a partnership," Diane Cole, the owner of Diane's Kitchen, told ABC News on Friday, Feb. 14.

After being asked by ABC News about Cole's reaction, the campaign sent a series of messages to Cole trying to persuade her to change her position so it would more closely match the language Buttigieg used in his op-ed.

One version misspelled her name.

Cole told ABC News she rejected the initial requests, telling the campaign: "It sounds like you're saying that I am your business partner. I'm only going to accept that you all stopped in while you were campaigning in South Carolina and I welcomed you all."

You know, if he claims that his homosexuality make him more empathetic towards victims of racism but he keeps doing shit like this.... is he really gay? :P

Lie about support if old.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
I've soured on him, kind of don't know who to support really. I'll vote fore whoever gets the nom anyway.

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
I find it hard to believe these mistakes are his, and not someone his campaign.
He does need to take a good hard look at his lead strategists though.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if another candidate did this, fabricated black support. Not once, but several times. I feel like Pete doesn't get nearly enough heat for this.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
As a black voter, pandering and lies like this just disgust me. These people KNOW they have to win the black vote to win and yet instead of putting in the work to get it lie. I really liked Pete at first but he's just so slimy and gross to me now. It's pathetic how desperate he seems to be.

Woolley

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The campaign is a reflection of the candidate. If someone in his campaign has gotten caught faking black support multiple times, he is either fine with it or incompetent. Most likely both.

cDNA

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if another candidate did this, fabricated black support. Not once, but several times. I feel like Pete doesn't get nearly enough heat for this.
Because this is overblown, people focused only on the mistaken ones, not all the other actual supporters that are documented.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dude could still potentially do a lot of good in his career but seriously needs to sit down and evaluate the choices he and his campaign are making. If he ever wants to run on the national stage again or be in a prominent position in the national democratic party he really needs to get a clue.

Deleted member 4346

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because this is overblown, people focused only on the mistaken ones, not all the other actual supporters that are documented.

No. No, it is not overblown when you are looking at a candidate like Mayo Pete, who had a troubling record of racism as mayor, and who consistently polls under 5% with black voters. He has a real problem with black primary voters. We do not fuck with him.

Kmonk

#TeamThierry
Oct 30, 2017
US

The claims were made in an op-ed under his name. Maybe a speechwriter wrote the editorial, but this is absolutely the type of campaign material that needs direct sign-off from the candidate.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
Not only does Buttigieg not have their explicit support, they then ask them to support him anyway to match his narrative? That's really fucked up.

zero_suit

Oct 27, 2017
No. No, it is not overblown when you are looking at a candidate like Mayo Pete, who had a troubling record of racism as mayor, and who consistently polls under 5% with black voters. He has a real problem with black primary voters. We do not fuck with him.
Yeah. Pete, Amy, and Bloomberg are in the same bucket.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In a month he's going to claim that he and Nipsey Hussle would often share an intense game of StarCraft during the holidays.

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait a second guys

Remember when Keegan Michael Key was set to endorse him?

It turned out like 8 hours later that Mayo Pete's camp said he hadn't actually endorsed anyone... lmao.

Dude Abides

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You guys just don't understand Pete's midwestern folksy ways. When a waiter brings him an appetizer or refills his water glass, he says "Thanks, Partner!" Like the salt of the earth he is. That's all he meant by saying he partnered with these places. You'd get this if you were good-hearted midwesterners instead of coastal degenerates.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Damn I'm so over this dude. These kind of antics are obnoxious and these candidates must really think we (black people) are stupid.

Honestly this whole primary has been a shitshow.

In a month he's going to claim that he and Nipsey Hussle would often share an intense game of StarCraft during the holidays.

lmao

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
Looking at the polls, all Pete needs to do is raise a few hundred million dollars and absolutely blanket television with ads that imply that Obama has endorsed him

Oct 25, 2017
so his campaign keeps lying about black people supporting him and then when anyone asks him about his awful record on support for African Americans he just says nothing. I mean if you think that's not a problem.... okay

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
It's going to suck so bad when he steals the nomination and literally dooms the entire planet by allowing a second Trump term.

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Wait a second guys

Remember when Keegan Michael Key was set to endorse him?

It turned out like 8 hours later that Mayo Pete's camp said he hadn't actually endorsed anyone... lmao.
lol wtf
"When Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg touted support from African American comedian and actor Keegan-Michael Key last week, his campaign was forced just hours later to clarify that the actor had not officially endorsed the former South Bend mayor, telling reporters he only sought to "encourage early voting and voter registration."

Key appeared with Buttigieg on Saturday to drum up voter support at his Henderson, Nevada field office."

discotheque

Dec 23, 2019
I say this as a Bernie supporter... Biden is looking better every day compared to the rest of these joker moderates.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Not sure why some people are defending him or making excuses as if it wasn't his fault.

If I was running for president, had historically low support amongst balck voters, a bad history of treating black constituents and then got caught (either deliberately or not) making up black supporters, you better believe it would never happen again once it came out.

To happen more than once just shows that this is their strategy and he is fully aware of it.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
He has to survive super Tuesday and south Carolina first.
I was thinking of a doomsday scenario where he stays in til the better end specifically so he can be anointed as the nominee at a brokered convention despite doing terribly. It would be a pure evil undemocratic ratfuck but it's what I expect at this point.

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am with this post.

Pete is garbo.

LOL, is this for real?

*googles*

Hahahahahahahaha
lol wtf
"When Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg touted support from African American comedian and actor Keegan-Michael Key last week, his campaign was forced just hours later to clarify that the actor had not officially endorsed the former South Bend mayor, telling reporters he only sought to "encourage early voting and voter registration."

Key appeared with Buttigieg on Saturday to drum up voter support at his Henderson, Nevada field office."

This is why I don't get his fucking appeal. Dude is mad lying about everything!

GiantBreadbug

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pete continuing to fail to understand that the strategy of "just lie" only really works when it's arcane-ass electoral shit like SDEs in Iowa and in fact does not work when it comes to real, living black Americans.