• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you consume butterfinger?

• Yes?

Votes: 318 69.0%
  • No

Votes: 143 31.0%

• Total voters

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Has Bart ever eaten a Butterfinger on the show?
Not just commercials.
233525.gif

I think they're making a comeback since Nestle sold them off.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
I love how everyone that praises it just ignores how it becomes one with your teeth
Like yeah it's good, but fuck is it annoying

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
What are they like? Is that honeycomb inside?

Scottish
Inside the chocolate coating is a piece of hard candy consisting of a lot of thin layers of a caramel/peanut butter candy. Those layers are fragile and break into a bunch of tiny pieces as you bite into it. However, as you chew, the tiny bits of peanut butter-flavored candy become very sticky and start to adhere to your teeth like gum. By the time you finish eating the bar, the candy has formed a thick layer over your molars that doesn't want to come off.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I never liked them. Not enough to actually prefer it over other candy bars. The only other candy bar that's worse are Mounds.
I'm not sure why but I actually don't like the crunch. It also feels dry as hell. It's weird.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They taste fine but they're not worth the trouble with how much they stick to teeth. Same sort of thing with swedish fish.

Also my dad wrote a lot of those simpson butterfinger commercials, those were good days. Nestle sent him a giant box of butterfingers and crunch bars. I only wanted the crunch bars.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Inside the chocolate coating is a piece of hard candy consisting of a lot of thin layers of a caramel/peanut butter candy. Those layers are fragile and break into a bunch of tiny pieces as you bite into it. However, as you chew, the tiny bits of peanut butter-flavored candy become very sticky and start to adhere to your teeth like gum. By the time you finish eating the bar, the candy has formed a thick layer over your molars that doesn't want to come off.
Ahhh okay, thanks. I hate when stuff sticks to your teeth like that.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

This is so wildly over-exaggerated it's verging on the Taco Bell gave me the runs meme.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Butterfingers are bloody great! I had one just a week or so ago.

As with many chocolates I do usually like to stick mine in the freezer before devouring it.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I recall an episode of the Simpsons (I think it was the one where Marge got sugar banned in Springfield) where the cops were burning a bunch of candy in a big bonfire. They threw some Butterfingers in, and the fire spat them back out. Quoth Chief Wiggum, "Not even the fire wants them."

It always disappoints me when I see that scene and they've cut out the Butterfinger part. I've heard it cost them the Butterfinger deal, but that was a good line.

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
What are they like? Is that honeycomb inside?

Scottish

It's a crispy flaky peanut butter candy piece coated in chocolate. If you've had a Cadbury Crispy Crunch, Chick-O-Stick, Zagnut, 5th Avenue, or Clark Bar, they have similar in them (but taste different).

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Butterfingers when fresh (as opposed to having sat on a shelf for months) are top 3 mass market candy bar material, easily.

Many years ago for a brief glorious period there was also Butterfinger Milk, which is a thing I would commit horrible atrocities to have again.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
I love Butterfingers but I eventually got sick of everything sticking to your teeth and gave up on them. I'll maybe eat a fun sized one from the Halloween candy, but that's about it now.

Kuga

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
One of my favorite candies aside from Twix. I gotta try them again sometime.

Rhomega

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I like them, but I hate how fragile they are and how they break apart before they're even out of the wrapper.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
91VF3H%2BqZuL.jpg
Trader Joe's sells this which is literally the same thing as a butterfinger but better. It is the greatest snack or candy ever. It's slightly easier on the teeth as well. But I loved butterfingers my whole life and when I came across these things my mind was blown.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Out of all the things I've given up due to personal boycotts, Butterfingers were the absolute hardest. ;~; The different textures and that peanut butter core are so good.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
So the knock off version of this?

L6240659.JPG

Yeah they both suck. But butterfingers suck more due to being invented afterwards.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
So the knock off version of this?

L6240659.JPG

Yeah they both suck. But butterfingers suck more due to being invented afterwards.
That monstrosity you posted was introduced in 1930. Butterfingers came out in 1923.

There are three well known varieties of this candy bar.

4529125731_804889368d.jpg

The Clark bar came first and would be my preference even though I haven't eaten any of these since I was a child.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
That monstrosity you posted was introduced in 1930. Butterfingers came out in 1923.

There are three well known varieties of this candy bar.

4529125731_804889368d.jpg

The Clark bar came first and would be my preference even though I haven't eaten any of these since I was a child.
I've seen 1912 as a date for the Crispy Crunch 😐

ArcLyte

Nov 1, 2017
OP's right, they do stick to your teeth. You gotta brush after you eat one or your dentist is gonna pop out of nowhere and whip your ass.