• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
SO excited for this game! Congratulations!

Thrilled about the stretch goal reached---I am personally much more interested in a New Game+, cool cinematics and a single lead character with tons of animations/actions than a second playable character to be honest.

Are you guys still thinking not until 2020 for release?

Yes, still 2020 release!

Ah I missed the deadline,but since mikehaggar told me there would be a standard release, I'll go for that instead.

Just please make sure to inform the non-backers about the upcoming (physical) release when you do have details.

Very excited you made the goal AND the first stretch... congrats.

Thank you!

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017
Really wish I could have got in on this. Hopefully a second chance funding time starts up.

Mentok

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if this has been answered, but any chance for those of us who missed backing this to get in on the physical release versions?

mikehaggar

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
The paragraphs at the start of the video

Ok, that's what I was hoping. That will be changed for release ;)

Sorry if this has been answered, but any chance for those of us who missed backing this to get in on the physical release versions?

We still haven't decided on late backing yet. You should be able to get a physical copy at release even if we don't open late backing, so don't worry!

So happy I backed this! Looks like a fusion of some of my favorite games

We appreciate you supporting us! :)

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
Watched that trailer on the steam page like 5x. That music was on point and I'm in love with everything I'm seeing. 2020 can't come soon enough.
banderas.png

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man how did I miss this? I am all in on Pixel Art Metroidvania Strider.

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017

Hey man looking exceptional! I like how it looks more like a Sega Genesis/megadrive game rather than a SNES game. If this was a conscious choice on your part, how would you say you approach the spriting compared to making a more a common SNES style looking game? I can see it, but I'm not expert enough to spot the exact thing that does it.

mikehaggar

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Hey man looking exceptional! I like how it looks more like a Sega Genesis/megadrive game rather than a SNES game. If this was a conscious choice on your part, how would you say you approach the spriting compared to making a more a common SNES style looking game? I can see it, but I'm not expert enough to spot the exact thing that does it.

Thanks! I'm not the artist, so I can't really speak to that... people don't often compare it to a Genesis/MD game... as far as I know, the artist isn't using any self-imposed color or palette limitations which would be the easiest way to replicate the Genesis look.

cmChimera

Oct 28, 2017
I don't do Kickstarter but I would gladly purchase upon release. Looks like a really beautiful SNES game and I love it.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Watching this really make me want to go back and replay Shinobi 3, we need more games like this.

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! I'm not the artist, so I can't really speak to that... people don't often compare it to a Genesis/MD game... as far as I know, the artist isn't using any self-imposed color or palette limitations which would be the easiest way to replicate the Genesis look.

Ah, I see ^^'
Anyway seems it's gonna be on steam as well so I'll definitely buy day one :)

mikehaggar

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
This looks genuinely great.

Hey, thanks!

Every time they've shown anything since the very beginning before they kickstarted it has gotten better. One of my single most anticipated titles.

And thank you too! We are busting our asses to make Bushiden as awesome as it can be!

They even gave him run animation based on whether or not hes running up or down a slope

Yes, we did! Although, the animation of him running down the slope is a littler off... his posture... it's on our "To Do" list to fix!

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Damn this looks sick. I'm in for this when it launches.

That animation and music are some great stuff. Music sounds kind of PSO-like which I really enjoy.