• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
I just picked it up, and plan to spend a lot of the weekend with it. I need games like this to get me out of my funk. Gravel was a good start, now this.
For the return to EB do you need the receipt to utelize the satisfaction return? I just got it and if it crashes a bunch tonight I'm going to take it back for DBFz but I think I tossed the receipt foolishly.

toadfrawg

Oct 27, 2017
Got this on PS4Pro today. Maaan this game is as good as I remember it. I think it looks super clean in 4K. I'm pleased. In my 4 hours of play, i did have 1 crash when a race was trying to load. Not a big deal really.

I forgot how fast the bikes are. They are a fun diversion when you want a break from cars. Not many games out in the market right now like this, totally worth the money IMO.

The best way to play this game is a custom soundtrack. I'm rocking the same music I did back in 2008 when I originally played and it makes all the difference.

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
I can get past the load screen, it keeps crashing! I have it for the X. Anyone else having issues on Xbox?

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
I got it for my Xbox.

Just so you know, the main menu with the opening rift of Paradise City still is really good.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
No crashes yet on PS4 Pro. I played for about an hour, and my wife has been playing for probably 30 minutes now. Hopefully we stay crash free.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
I've played for an hour on a Pro. No crashes.

I may exchange this game for either DBFz or Ni No Kuni. I think I was overhyped on this game by those who love it.

The world just seems barren. I feel like I am just driving aimlessly to hit fences and billboards with the odd race or takedown mission.

Anybody able to convince me to stay the course or should I go with Fighterz?

Gwynbleidd

Oct 27, 2017
Well, for what it's worth, i've been playing half the day and no issues on my Pro.
Not saying it won't happen, but so far so good.

Anyway, i'm still amazed with the sense of speed in this game. And not just the speed but the ability to still being able to control the game at that speed. It's perfect (PERFECT!) in handling imo.With the car that suits you most it plays like a fucking dream and it's hard to put down. And with friends it's just so much fun.

That's good to know. Might still pick it up there.

Gwynbleidd

Oct 27, 2017
Got this on PS4Pro today. Maaan this game is as good as I remember it. I think it looks super clean in 4K. I'm pleased. In my 4 hours of play, i did have 1 crash when a race was trying to load. Not a big deal really.

I forgot how fast the bikes are. They are a fun diversion when you want a break from cars. Not many games out in the market right now like this, totally worth the money IMO.

The best way to play this game is a custom soundtrack. I'm rocking the same music I did back in 2008 when I originally played and it makes all the difference.

Just on pc with the custom soundtrack or is there a way on console?

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Finally got to sit down and play it and man WHAT A BLAST! I remembered just how much I love the Burnout series! I had this on Xbox One BC but I never got to sit down and play it again until now with the Remastered version on PS4. I was giggling like a little kid again and I loved it! The DeLorean Jansen P12 88 Special is so OP and I love every second of it. Takedowns are a blast as always and there's something hilarious about seeing me crash on some of the dumbest mistakes that I make lol.

I love the Forza series and the GT series, but nothing brings a smile to my face and fills the void that I wanted in racing games like Burnout. The controls and how the cars feel just speaks to me for some reason. Even if Paradise is a different Burnout, it's still the Burnout that I loved when I was younger.

I haven't had a console crash yet but my PS4 Pro's fan goes into maximum overdrive and it's freaking loud. That's the only issue I have with this game right now.

I eagerly hope for the day when we can one day get Burnout 3 Remastered and Revenge Remastered to the current gen. Or even a new Burnout.

Deleted member 4541

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I went back and did a bunch of other stuff instead of that Road Rage event near the first junkyard and I haven't had another crash since

The same thing happened to me. I was trying to avoid that event for now but accidentally triggered it & it froze half way through. 2 other races since, avoiding that one, & so far I'm good.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The same thing happened to me. I was trying to avoid that event for now but accidentally triggered it & it froze half way through. 2 other races since, avoiding that one, & so far I'm good.
Interesting, I completed that event several times now, played the game for nearly 8 hours total and still no crashes (I'm on base ps4). Were you guys playing offline or in online sessions?

Also the console is quiet when I'm playing the game, the issues with the Pro entering "jet engine mode" must be 4K related.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Just played for close to three hours, and things were fine. It was overwhelming at first, but I'm getting back into the hang of it and enjoying it more and more as I progress.

The lack of a path indicator is hard to get used to, as is having to go to lights. It's starting to come back though.

So, with the Remaster comes all of the DLC. I'm seeing lots of special cars, toy cars, bikes, cop cars, etc. Is it cheating to use the better cars early on? It seems like the game adapts, no? I used a sports car shortly after starting, then went back to one of the first cars you unlock and it was rough. Tried a cop car and a bike afterwards.

Chumley

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just played for close to three hours, and things were fine. It was overwhelming at first, but I'm getting back into the hang of it and enjoying it more and more as I progress.

The lack of a path indicator is hard to get used to, as is having to go to lights. It's starting to come back though.

So, with the Remaster comes all of the DLC. I'm seeing lots of special cars, toy cars, bikes, cop cars, etc. Is it cheating to use the better cars early on? It seems like the game adapts, no? I used a sports car shortly after starting, then went back to one of the first cars you unlock and it was rough. Tried a cop car and a bike afterwards.

No path indicator is driving me crazy.

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
Forgot how much fun stunt runs are in this game. Not sure if I ever beat this score on the PC version, but if I did it wasn't by much.

qksVnJp.jpg

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
1521275367-222.jpg

;)

The stunt events are way too easy in this game, you can just keep using boost and don't drive too fast so you won't wreck the car.

Nice! I love a little friendly competition :) I'll see what I can put together tomorrow.

You're right that it's ridiculously easy to string combos together but that, IMO, is the charm of the stunt run.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
So how does one actually beat the game? 100% completion would be getting the Elite licenses I've been reading about, for doing practically everything. Beating it would be getting the Burnout license, I assume, and then the credits will roll?

How do you get the Burnout license? I've read conflicting things on IGN's wiki and forums. One says completing all challenges, another says finishing 90 events.

Gavin Stevens

Team Blur Games
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Telford, Shropshire
Played for a few hours last night and instantly remembered why I didn't like this one over the others... No easy way to restart a race if you mess up, no way to fast travel back to where you needed to be, slow and clunky menus, oh and with the camera plugged in you have no choice but to use the damn camera pic if you mess up and press accept on it... Great stuff.

Been a while since i saw a remaster this bare bones, i have to say...

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
I've played for an hour on a Pro. No crashes.

I may exchange this game for either DBFz or Ni No Kuni. I think I was overhyped on this game by those who love it.

The world just seems barren. I feel like I am just driving aimlessly to hit fences and billboards with the odd race or takedown mission.

Anybody able to convince me to stay the course or should I go with Fighterz?
It's way more fun to play with others.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yep press right on the d-pad, you can also restart the last event that way if it's already ended.

Gavin Stevens

Team Blur Games
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Telford, Shropshire
Is that so...? I must have missed that in a pop up at some point then. Doesn't sadly help with the car requirements for certain races. I don't believe there is a way to just go to a race that needs CAR X and then press start, using that car, is there? As far as I know, you have to go to the garage, change car, then go to the race again?

Deleted member 17491

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Crap, my game will no longer load. It crashes when it's loading the game after connecting to the servers.

Edit: possible error caused by the server? When disconnected the game loads fine. So at least my save file is save.

XB1 version btw for those who've curious.

Last edited:

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Crap, my game will no longer load. It crashes when it's loading the game after connecting to the servers.
This is so depressing. I was HYPED for this game all month, and now I'm sitting here afraid to open my copy, and unsure which platform is the safer choice. It's absolutely ridiculousthe developerand anyone associated with the game have so far refused to acknowledged any of these problems publicly.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Played a few hours on PS4 last night, so many memories washing back to me. Funny how I was having trouble remembering parts of the game until I was in it, the flow of the city came right back to me. I really appreciate the lengths they went to force you to learn the city layout, no gps arrows just a general compass direction. It's a fun game and really doesn't feel dated outside of a few things (guy on the radio was talking about getting a 'cell phone pic' that was 'small and hard to make out' lol...)

No crashing on PS4 Pro, got the digital version. Using an external HD if that makes any sort of difference.

timeforsana

Oct 26, 2017
Swear there is something wrong with the online. Whenever I create a game absolutely no one joins, doesn't matter how long I wait and the custom match just always shows 15 lobbies, all of which have races lined up next and doesn't show what they were previously doing.

Seemingly nobody playing bikes too.