• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pizza Dog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this thread doesn't have people piling in just to say that they a) don't like Burnout Paradise and b) the wrong Burnout game got remastered. Happens every single time there's a thread about this game. Not sure why that's not banned along with port begging.

Personally I love this game, and I'm pumped about getting a chance to play through it again.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully this thread doesn't have people piling in just to say that they a) don't like Burnout Paradise and b) the wrong Burnout game got remastered. Happens every single time there's a thread about this game. Not sure why that's not banned along with port begging.

Personally I love this game, and I'm pumped about getting a chance to play through it again.
Yeah that old quest for an elitist hyvemind. We're different people, people.
Let's hope they do more and even better remakes of other Burnout games other people love more. Personally i had the most fun with paradise.

Ballistik

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't had so much fun in a game in so long. Feels great not taking the game serious, playing while drinking, and listening to my Spotify playlist in the background. Such mindless fun.

Except when you screw up and miss a turn and now you're staring intensely at the map trying to figure out how to get back on the right path

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cornbread78

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
I haven't had so much fun in a game in so long. Feels great not taking the game serious, playing while drinking, and listening to my Spotify playlist in the background. Such mindless fun.

Except when you screw up and miss a turn and now you have to stare at the map trying to figure out how to get back on the right path

I swear, I never broke any DS3's because of this.....

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
One of my favorite games of all time and my most played game on PS3!
Has your guys' PS3 digital copies started to download yet?
It says expected auto download for the 14th, but nothing's happened.
I used the store app and tried to download it, but it's in my queue. When I go to my library, it just shows the clock countdown.
I have plus, but my account is primary on a friend's PS4

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I want this for the dlc i never got to play

But I'll wait for a price drop

Hope this is a sign for a sequel

Jeronimo

Nov 16, 2017
I'm probably going to get this at some point, I have good memories of it. Better visuals and Spotify will make it even better.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Forgot that EA doesn't do Steam any more :\

And I don't have PS+ so no point in buying this on the PS4...

Oh well :(

edit: fuck it, got the 20% prime discount so it doesn't hurt that much. Just wish PS+ wasn't needed :(

Last edited:

Deleted member 17491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Guess I was wrong calling it a PC port.

Anywho, I got my A license. On my way to the Burnout license. Really enjoying my time in Paradise City.
It was originally just going to be my favorite tracks, but now it's all of the licensed songs from Takedown, Revenge, Dominator and Paradise.

https://open.spotify.com/user/128673/playlist/59g8eCNh4TTM8YrgVSPIEr?si=Xxyn-2A1RSajkHf6Z9Vyog
There are a lot of songs from previous Burnout's in the game.

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Except when you screw up and miss a turn and now you're staring intensely at the map trying to figure out how to get back on the right path
At the very top of the screen there is a red indicator telling you what direction the finish line is. There are also street sign indicators as you approach each intersection that give you turn suggestions if you're lost.

Did they add HDR to this or just 4k res?
The easiest way to get an answer to this question these days is to look at the Xbox box art. The top right corner will indicate if it has HDR. In this case it only mentions 4K.

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
Played the crap out of this on PS3. Bought most the DLC too before the ultimate edition came out. In fact, one of the only games I still plug the system back in for from time to time.

Looking forward to this, but might wait for a sale.

Ballistik

Oct 26, 2017
At the very top of the screen there is a red indicator telling you what direction the finish line is. There are also street sign indicators as you approach each intersection that give you turn suggestions if you're lost.

Yes but I decided to use one of the DLC cars that goes insanely fast, those street indicators appear for like a second. I admit I shouldn't use a fast car at the beginning because it makes all the events super easy to beat, the other cars are left waaay behind, but the sense of speed is amazing.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Guess I was wrong calling it a PC port.

Anywho, I got my A license. On my way to the Burnout license. Really enjoying my time in Paradise City.
There are a lot of songs from previous Burnout's in the game.
So it is a bit better looking than you expected? What console are you playing on?

FSmallhands

Nov 3, 2017
Guess you've got no reason to be in this thread then.....

I had more fun with Paradise than 3 and Revenge whether that's playing offline or online with friends.

I love the sandbox design from the races to just fooling around doing stunts or doing collectibles. What's not to get??

Also your opinion isn't "fact" lmao

The first and second Burnout games were excellent in my opinion and this one, in my opinion, was far too wide open and no where near focused enough to be held in the high regard it seems to be.

Its purely subjective as its a game, not science.

FSmallhands

Nov 3, 2017

Its the Burnout Paradise OT, not a Burnout Paradise fan thread.

Having an opinion on its merits isn't a basis to want to exclude people from the thread.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing on a XB1X. That was more in reference to my previous posts in the other burnout thread. It does look good and really clean but nothing major.
Thanx. Looking clean is important to me. I guess it can look clean on the PS4 Pro then too at this point (with supersampling).

vix

Nov 18, 2017
Just ordered it from Best Buy. I had been waffling for the last week but said screw it. I played BP so much back in the day, have a ton of good memories from it, so I figured why not. Hopefully it all comes back to me when I fire it up.

BlockABoots

Oct 27, 2017
As an Xbox One owner how has this on back compat Is this worth getting if i dont have a 4K TV?, was the original 720p or 1080p?

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Its the Burnout Paradise OT, not a Burnout Paradise fan thread.

Having an opinion on its merits isn't a basis to want to exclude people from the thread.
This is a thread for a remaster of a game that came out in 2008. No one is interested in hearing your 10 year old hot take on why Burnout Paradise still sucks.

Uncleslappy

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
You got it:

NES_Rad_Racer.png

I'm kidding by the way:)

This seems like it would look pretty damn good on the Switch. Not sure why EA didn't include it.

HAAAA. This got me.

Bogard

Oct 27, 2017
Picking this up on Friday, hoping to lend my past years of experiences to those in need for the multiplayer challenges.

Nov 18, 2017
Never aced this first time round, aim to 100% the remaster.

I'm going to ignore the legendary's at first and work on unlocking everything the old-fashioned way.

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It would be really awesome if someone could share a screenshot of the game running in a 4K on a PS4 Pro. I'm very curious to find out if the Pro also renders native 4K like it is on XB1X.

The Grizz

Oct 27, 2017
CANNOT wait to play this with my five year old son. I burned (pun) so many hours playing this game when it came out that I know my son will love this.

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
Only played the demo back in the day, but I'm willing to give this a chance due to the severe lack of arcade racers this gen. If nothing else, it'll make for good streaming content (sans soundtrack issues).

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I thoroughly enjoyed what I played of the original, but for whatever dumb reason I never finished it. Too many games on the go, I guess. I still own it however, and should go back. I still remember smashing cars out of my way while Avril Lavigne was playing. For whatever reason that song is most memorable from it.

Part of me is itching to pick this up and play it again, and actually beat it again, but my wallet is groaning and against it.