• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
They taste just about the same as regular whoppers but they feel drier and have more salt.
The texture is slighty different but you barely notice it unless you really pay attention.
Did i mention these things are saltier than regular whopppers?
They look like they burn easier than regular whoppers on the grill by looking at the outside of the meat.
If you would have told me these were regular whoppers i would have believed you tbh.

Honestly i enjoyed it and wouldn't mind eating them over regular whoppers but they need less salt.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
How do you accidentally get a bunch of a entree?

I havent tried it out, maybe in the future but I barely eat out at restaurants

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
The one I got with a T-Mobile Tuesday coupon was alright.

Not a big fan of Burger King in general but it served it's purpose. Don't think it tastes salty, might of been how the store you went to cooked it.

1000% H

Oct 25, 2017
The one I got with a T-Mobile Tuesday coupon was alright.

Not a big fan of Burger King in general but it served it's purpose. Don't think it tastes salty, might of been how the store you went to cooked it.
Yeah, I've had a few and don't think they're particularly salty.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
I think they taste better than regular whoppers. Not a high bar, but it is what it is.

OP
OP
nsilvias

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
is it possible they just put them in the impossible whopper boxes instead and ur eating regular whoppers
i looked at pictures online and it checks out.
im pretty sure these were impossible whoppers. they were even wrapped like impossibles

3F636E37-54A2-409B-B0F1-ABC003B17547.jpeg

Last edited:

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
The impossible burgers that you get at Burger King taste like Burger King burgers. The Impossible Burgers you get at a better restaurant like The Counter are insane.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Why are people so reluctant to believe these taste pretty similar? So many people in this thread are ready to jump to believe they are Whoppers because it's impossible that they could taste close to real meat. Why not try it and find out? I personally think they are extremely close.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Why are people so reluctant to believe these taste pretty similar? So many people in this thread are ready to jump to believe they are Whoppers because it's impossible that they could taste close to real meat. Why not try it and find out? I personally think they are extremely close.
my comment has nothing to do with not believing they taste similar

ive had them, i cant tell them apart from the regular whoppers

my comment comes from op ordering regular whoppers and possibly getting regular whoppers, but in the wrong packaging

32X4LYF

alt account
Banned
Dec 25, 2019
i looked at pictures online and it checks out.
im pretty sure these were impossible whoppers. they were even wrapped like impossibles

3F636E37-54A2-409B-B0F1-ABC003B17547.jpeg

Fucks sake both of those pics look like hell. Real meat or whatever this plant based nonsense is it doesn't matter, Burger King is horrible. Why do their burgers always look like someone sat on them before handing them over to you?

Deleted member 60729

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 20, 2019
User warned: hostility against another member
I've had them, I personally think they taste similar. Flat out saying they don't as if nobody could think they do is obnoxious.
People are saying it's inconclusive based on the information in this thread. You're putting words in people's mouths.

And it shouldn't be obnoxious to you that people have different opinions about fast food sandwiches. Go to therapy.

mAcOdIn

Oct 27, 2017
I thought they tasted pretty similar. My Burger King will kinda drown the burger in mayo so with all the other condiments it tasted pretty similar to me.

I'm excited for the whole prospect, I don't know if it's going to be better to make fake shit that looks and tastes like meat from plants or to grow meat in labs but this future is exciting and I'm not even vegan.

I just think the animal industry is cruel, give me good tasting artificial meat and I'll switch in a heartbeat. It'd be especially awesome if the lab grown stuff can be diversified and decentralized to the point I could get "fresh" seafood not being anywhere near the ocean or good "lamb," I hope they don't focus on beef and chicken.

balgajo

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I thought it had nothing to do with real meat. The texture was totally different for me. And I was not fan of the taste. Tbh I liked their previous vegetarian burguer more.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
People are saying it's inconclusive based on the information in this thread. You're putting words in people's mouths.

And it shouldn't be obnoxious to you that people have different opinions about fast food sandwiches. Go to therapy.

Its obnoxious to imply it's impossible that they mixed up the order as if to say "they're not even close!!!"

Way to trivialize something as serious as therapy over a comment about people getting worked up over their meat. Reactions to fake meat being overly negative is useless given how crucial it is we find a replacement going forward.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
How do you accidentally get a bunch of a entree?

I havent tried it out, maybe in the future but I barely eat out at restaurants

When you go through a busy drive through and everyone is waiting sometimes it's easier to just trust that you got your food. They fuck up orders rarely. So that how. Not many people in store.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Fast food is perfect for selling these because you're pretty much just eating chemicals giving it a signature taste.

I like Wendy's chemicals as far as burgers go.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Fast food is perfect for selling these because you're pretty much just eating chemicals giving it a signature taste.

I like Wendy's chemicals as far as burgers go.

Yes this is exactly how I feel about it. As a kid I actually didn't like homemade or regular restaurant burgers much at all, because I was so used to whatever that McDonald's flavor is. You don't taste the meat, it's flavoring and condiments.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I had them for the first time this weekend and as a vegeterian I like them a lot. I got them without mayo because I'm not a fan and the 2nd one I got with cheese cause I forgot they didn't come with cheese the first time.

It tastes very close to a regular fast food burger, it isn't as good as a "normal" burger but it's great to have an alternative if you're craving that unique fast food taste lol.

One thing I'll say and this isn't related exactly to the impossible whoppers but just the burger in general but I hate how the patty is kind of thin and it's covered with toppings and a bun. I like toppings and I like bread but i wish the patty was taller so it wasn't overshadowed by everything else.

I didn't notice any issues with the salt content though.

Now we just need a vegeterian fast food chicken sandwich.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
I got the Beyond Sausage & Egg White sandwich at Dunkins and it's not too bad.

Some sort of plant protein thing.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I tried them twice, and that second time was just to give the burger a second chance. The problem I had with it was the aftertaste. The more I ate, the worst it seemed to get.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
Honestly thought they tasted better than regular Whoppers, they didn't have as much of that fake grilled taste that BK burgers have that I can't stand. That said it was still mediocre as far as Impossible burgers go.

Soybean

Nov 12, 2017
I took Impossible ground and found a nice burger recipe with Worcestershire sauce and bread crumbs and whatnot and it was fucking amazing.