• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
no Daisy's pic in OP?

giphy.gif

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
They can be litter trained very easily. The bigger problem is that they love to chew on everything, and particularly on cables, so you have to be very careful about where they can go and what's accessible.
It's the only thing that keeps me from allowing our rabbit to be completely free-range in the house. The door to her habitat is the first thing we open and the last thing we close when we come home or leave, but we can't let out stay out without any supervision. She'll damage stuff, but more importantly she could hurt herself by chewing on something she shouldn't.

Maybe once or twice a year though we randomly forgot to close up her cage, and the smug look on her face when we get home is almost worth it.

The Awesomest

Mar 3, 2018
Bunnies are always underrated in these cuteness discussions. Bunnies are cuteness distilled. Everything they do is cute.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
yeah and they taste good. they're a great source of meat in terms of being climate friendly because of fast breeding and requiring little resources, especially for the yield. plus it's healthy meat. i know it's taboo in some countries to eat rabbit but in here in germany and france it's a popular meat.

Don't eat too much of it, rabbit meat is so lean that you'll starve if you don't get fat from other food.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Got 2 bunnies. Muffin and Noodles.
Muffin is a lionhead with a mullet that loves old school metal and exploring, Noodles is a lop that likes to eat as much as possible flop over for pets and sleep.

I love them both so much. Hurray for house buns!

Last edited:

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
look good on IG and GIF's, but I have had one and it was a "dwarf" that ended up almost as big as my dog, growled, Bit people, and attacked your hand as you fed it. No thank you.

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
This almost makes me want to adopt some bunnies, but probably can't because of my two puppers. We live near a hill so we always have a ton of wild bunnies on our lawn in the afternoon and evening though, and sometimes they even come into our backyard at night. When we have leftover veggies we sometimes put it out for them; they seem to appreciate it.

One of our dogs has captured a few bunnies that let their guard down in our backyard over the years, sadly. One time I went to pick up what I thought was one of their toys and it turned out to...not be a toy. Yech.

NjajSAk.jpg

Last edited:

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
We've got a bunch of wild ones in my neighborhood (not sure how much longer we'll have them as we just found a fox out back last night) and they're always adorable to watch... but man do they love running in front of cars every chance they get. Haven't seen one get hit yet, but people swerving to avoid them is an almost daily occurrence on my road now.

Oct 27, 2017
My wife is dying for a rabbit. She used to have one growing up. If I am allergic to animal dander, would I be allergic to a rabbit? We currently own a sun conure because its the only thing that won't make my allergies act up.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Curious how we talk about bunnies when the topic is their cuteness but rabbits when it's their culinary value.

This is that carnivorous language coding that makes us eat cuddly bunnies without thinking they're bunnies. They're just older. IT'S THE SAME ANIMAL YOU MONSTER

Murasaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Deep North
I wish I had photos to back this story up lol
There is a bunny who lives near me who is always out on the street. The first time I saw her I picked her up and went knocking on doors to find the owner. Turns out she ALWAYS escapes and now all the neighbours know to look out out for her. If i go to the shop at 8 in the morning she'll sometimes be sitting on the pavement like the Queen she is lol. Must remember to take my phone next time

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Curious how we talk about bunnies when the topic is their cuteness but rabbits when it's their culinary value.

This is that carnivorous language coding that makes us eat cuddly bunnies without thinking they're bunnies. They're just older. IT'S THE SAME ANIMAL YOU MONSTER
Man people regularly talk so crazy around here that I can't even tell if this is a serious post or not.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
Bunnies are the cutest if you can just hold them for a few minutes. Any longer and you actually have to deal with all of the unpleasantness and their cuteness level plummets.

Deleted member 18360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
they're super cute, but then I think about how they're prey animals biologically wired to be frightened of everything, and then as someone with anxiety I start excessively pitying them lol.

RCSI

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My family also has a neighborhood bunny for a few weeks now and it's the cutest thing.

L3bF1Xu.jpg

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
I was in a really shitty mood until I opened this topic

Refrain

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone with a pet rabbit tell me more about them? How hard is it to keep them if you're working and living alone? I heard they require lots of attention so what if I'm outside working and not at home? Do I have to clean the cage everyday? Do they need some special cares?

Deleted member 41502

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 28, 2018
Can someone with a pet rabbit tell me more about them? How hard is it to keep them if you're working and living alone? I heard they require lots of attention so what if I'm outside working and not at home? Do I have to clean the cage everyday? Do they need some special cares?
We got one this year. Its... not too hard. We change the litter box a couple times a week. We bought a big fence and kinda fenced him off in part of one room. He had more space, but just this week he learned to jump over the couch and escape, so now he's back to a smaller area. I'd let him roam free, but he chews on everything, including electrical cords.

Ours hasn't done litter training well. He poops everywhere. Very occasionally pees outside his box. I heard getting him spayed helps.

Eats like crazy. We feed him hay mostly. Vet told us the veggies here aren't good for him. Pellets for treats. Behavior is kinda weird. He likes to hide under things or behind things, but also likes to be petted. Often if you come it in his area, he'll hop around front, get some pets, and then sit right behind you.
9OsxsoO.jpg

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
My wife tried to bond her two bunnies, and it went well, but then all of a sudden they got into a bunny tornado, and they hate each other.

Apparently bunnies hold grudges for...ever.

Run Goku

Oct 25, 2017
This little guy has been living in my backyard lately:

qCizIzM.jpg

I love watching him. Hope he makes it!