• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
Look at these precious angels

tUXJsLCZNQUbdtdxSGRgPnJi3PV19_x5NLApU9WkbiTkJF07xoiz7RqB4FFOVTTMa_c4IzWhX1HjtuR2fFD39qFixqh6e6icUeCDn0gSuki2g5hoPPOV7tGEnkpiqCr2tiM2XBjldNGuIaSx1NlWGSUQhETx6iGvDhA

cute-bunnies-28__605.jpg

Tanuki-Go

One Winged Slayer
Jul 21, 2018
US
I had two pet rabbits once. One tried to eat the other.

Those are some cute bunnies, though!

Oct 27, 2017
I had a bunny once. The sweetest creature on earth. My mom put her in a hutch outside and she got out of the cage. I'll never forgive my mom for putting her outside. Miss you Bogie.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Have had rabbits for all of my adult life.

I grew up with dogs, also have had cats, turtles, fish. I used to not have any interest in rabbits. As a kid, I only saw aggressive or scared rabbits that were kept in tiny hutches. It wasn't until a friend of mine literally put her pet rabbit in my hands and asked me to give her a home that I started to learn what domestic rabbits are actually like.

A rabbit that has daily exercise, constant human affection, a good living space and proper diet will become very loving, playful, cuddly and a very sweet pet.

I started r/rabbits nearly 10 years ago to share what I learned and create a community that would hopefully help each other out. I drew the old subreddit logo, a sketch of my first rabbit Tulip who died tragically and broke my heart (it's gone now, a mod kicked me out for being inactive and removed it).

I've adopted three rabbits over the past decade. My current rabbit is a Flemish Giant who I adopted when she was 3-5 years old and was discovered starving and alone in the woods (classic tale, kids get bunnies as gifts, they get bored of them and parents dump them in the woods). She was pregnant, all of her babies were quickly adopted and she stayed at the shelter for several months.

The story has a happy ending of course. Clover is around 10 years old and lives with me, happy and healthy!
C549-E196-7-D22-41-F1-8-AFB-1-B1-F8-B82-E74-E.jpg

A05-DAC39-F691-4-F9-A-A580-01-C43-A0-D99-DC.jpg

Fuck bunnies. They piss and shit everywhere.

Nope. Bunnies can be litter-box trained. In a safe place with proper care, a healthy rabbit will not do this.

Oct 27, 2017
Had to put our sweet bunny to sleep a month ago. I'm still torn up about it. :(

Were thinking of getting some kind of lop as our next one

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Damn. Didn´t know anything about litter training when i was 10. And that fucking bunnie was pissing on my lap when i took it out.
This is the problem. "When I took it out". It wasn't your fault but many parents get rabbits for kids as a cute pet but don't give them the care they need and sadly, keep them in a cage- often one far too small.

I had the same perception of rabbits before I started adopting them. Rabbits that spent most of their time roaming free are so much happier.

F64-DF26-D-D223-4-BAD-BA7-E-A28974948-A29.jpg

Had to put our sweet bunny to sleep a month ago. I'm still torn up about it. :(

Were thinking of getting some kind of lop as our next one
I'm so sorry. Losing a rabbit is heartbreaking.

When you're ready, you should absolutely visit a nearby shelter and meet a rabbit that you like. Shelters are always getting more rabbits than they can handle but they ones you'll meet are often already litter-trained or fixed.

Take your time though. I know how much it hurts.

Sorry again for your loss.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
growing up we had bunnies, rabbits, prairie dogs, hedgehogs

pot bellied pig, hog, ducks, chickens

a horse

and a fuck ton of cats and dogs

not all at once, mind, but we always had a bunch of animals around

of the small rodents i liked our prairie dogs the most, but the bunnies were sweeties as well

i always wanted a ferret but we never had the opportunity to take one in

Sloane

Oct 25, 2017
Damn. Didn´t know anything about litter training when i was 10. And that fucking bunnie was pissing on my lap when i took it out.
Haha, sorry! It's literally as simple as putting a litter box into a corner they like as they prefer always using the same spot. Some bunnies might be a bit more difficult than others but in general it's pretty easy.

01gxkcq.jpg

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm sure that what my parents thought when they let me watch Watership Down when I was like 6.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Bunnies are really, really cute.

Unfortunately, pretty much all bunnies I've interacted with have been stuck in cages for their whole lives. :(

lazygecko

Oct 25, 2017
What's that? Are you telling me that if you keep a mammal locked up in a tiny cage almost 24/7 they're not going to develop into emotionally healthy individuals?

The prevalence of disinformation surrounding rabbits is pretty depressing.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
This is Diggersby, my parents continental giant. Son of Darius, the world record holder for largest rabbit
16OnilK.gif

He's the best bun. Had him since he was just 2 months old. He's now 2 years old
EMtcjMHXUAA5KUI

Comparison with my foot. He's longer now.
D1OGzgMX4AsxgW3

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Nah...they are too quiet which is really like owning a teddy bear that you have to feed and poops.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I have a friend who has a bunny pet. He is the devil in bunny form.
My friend does everything right gives the pet love and space and food .... but as soon as he turns around the bunny destroyes everything in his sight

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've wanted to get a rabbit for a while now - seems like a pet that would be on my wavelength. But honestly, my apartment is just too small, just a one room studio that's already full of crap.

I'd also probably want to get two, so they're less lonely. I don't know if that's really needed, but when you're at work all day and asleep all night I can't imagine pets getting the social interaction they need.

Doggg

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 17, 2017
Cute but surprisingly destructive since they like chewing things all the time.