• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
All these 120 fps games on the Series X is going to make me move to a monitor really fast.

Kaiken

Oct 25, 2017
Damn. Next gen is here. Now time for a new TV even though I just bought a 900e Two years ago.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
What are the other next-gen consoles? Does he know something I don't?

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
How bad is it going to be for people playing PS4 vs PS5 & XBO vs XSX? 30fps vs 120fps must be a nightmare

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What about gambit though?

Gotta bank those motes at 120 fps

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
Id hold off for at least a year before everyone settles back down to 30fps with RT.
haha I appreciate it but I game more in MP so these higher frame rate options are right up my alley. One downside is there aren't many affordable good hdr monitors and there aren't many affordable 120hz vrr tv's so that would be my only hesitation.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I want to jump back into Destiny 2 but I havent played it since the OG version short of playing some crucible matchs with freinds on the PC F2P version.

Is it difiicult to jump back in?

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Uhh, I hope the entire game is like this because, if not, switching between PVE & PVP and having different framerates for each is going to be nauseating if not.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Wish they would add the option to other modes as well since I despise & ignore Crucible. At least Gambit.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
That's great, but I just wish Bungie could design a better multiplayer component.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
Look at Rocket League I guess.

I didn't know about this. Just looked it up and it says the series S is getting it so I don't think it's a capability thing though. Either way, I'm not surprised seeing the PS5 getting 120fps, that's merely why I asked why wouldn't it get it, but it guess that if there are games that are skipping that option on it then that post makes more sense to me now.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
I didn't know about this. Just looked it up and it says the series S is getting it so I don't think it's a capability thing though. Either way, I'm not surprised seeing the PS5 getting 120fps, that's merely why I asked why wouldn't it get it, but it guess that if there are games that are skipping that option on it then that post makes more sense to me now.

It looks to be a BC issue with the PS5. As someone else mentioned Star Wars Squadrons is the same way.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Shocking!... but not that shocking.

I expect the majority of games with competitive multiplayer elements to feature 120hz output modes this generation. I think the only people expecting otherwise are people who just aren't that tapped in to the trends of the competitive MP landscape.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Redownloading this.

So... As someone who hasn't played D2 since launch... Can any fans say it changed for the better?