• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
This for games and not a massive bungie jumping convention?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Bold move getting into the convention business now

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Makes sense, even if they dont use it for a while.

Imagine if MS allowed classic Halo tournaments outside of that garish esport stuff.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
I read that as Bungiecoin and thought they were getting into cryptocurrency

Xeno

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like you'd need at least two wildly popular franchises that you can actually leverage in order to justify this but I could be wrong.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Plenty of companies have conventions for one game so it might just be Destiny at first but I imagine this'll be building up to showing their new ip.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
While I think they simplified the name so they can expand later with the new IP, cons for one game aren't unheard of.

Warframe does it every year.

Yeah but Warframe is good. Come at me Destiny Era.

But more seriously, does Destiny do enough updates/big new content to draw for a con? Tennocon seems to work okay because they always have huge game changing announcements with new game modes and such, I never see this with Destiny stuff it's just like "Hey we got a new $20 update where you go back to the moon again ro find a wizard." It feels like.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Feels like you'd need at least two wildly popular franchises that you can actually leverage in order to justify this but I could be wrong.
Warframe and EVE Online both have cons and I wouldn't describe either of those as wildly popular. Certainly not more so than Destiny.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island

But more seriously, does Destiny do enough updates/big new content to draw for a con? Tennocon seems to work okay because they always have huge game changing announcements with new game modes and such, I never see this with Destiny stuff it's just like "Hey we got a new $20 update where you go back to the moon again ro find a wizard." It feels like.
Yeah let me know when warframe even gets destiny's clout and has games trying to copy it.

will be nice to have an official Destiny convention as opposed to guardiancon

SomeOneInaHat

Nov 9, 2017

GCX 2021 (Formerly Guardiancon) has been a thing.

Like someone said above. An official event would be super nice. There are also those rumors of Bungie working on that new highly funded NetEase game.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
So they'll finally announce Destiny 3 at that event?
Sweet!

source.gif

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for the BungieCon surprise reveal of Myth IV....

A man can dream...

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck i read that as Bungiecoin and thought we were gonna get into even more cryptocurrency bs

Indy_Rex

Banned
Sep 20, 2020
I hope it launches with an empty hall and 3 differently-sized ball pits.

That'll be all of it. Just that.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
What's the appeal of destiny 3 vs more expansions to current destiny? I don't want to start over like we had to between d1 and D2.
Not a fan of the direction Destiny 2 took after a while so I've stopped playing. It's great for what it is but I would have wanted the sequel to take a few more risks.
I would like for classes to be more unique by giving the player even more build choices and RPG elements. Bungie cannot shake up the current class system without building and balancing a new game around that.
Currently they've built their game around the fact that every class needs to be able to roughly do the same things similarly well because a lot of people play solo and content needs to be balanced around that fact but at the same time I wished that playing in coop would make your character's role more apparent.
I know it's unrealistic and it won't happen but I'll hold on to that hope just in case.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of the direction Destiny 2 took after a while so I've stopped playing. It's great for what it is but I would have wanted the sequel to take a few more risks.
I would like for classes to be more unique by giving the player even more build choices and RPG elements. Bungie cannot shake up the current class system without building and balancing a new game around that.
Currently they've built their game around the fact that every class needs to be able to roughly do the same things similarly well because a lot of people play solo and content needs to be balanced around that fact but at the same time I wished that playing in coop would make your character's role more apparent.
I know it's unrealistic and it won't happen but I'll hold on to that hope just in case.

I mean they already have the next 3+ years of Destiny 2 planned. You shouldn't expect a D3 for a long time if ever.

Knoss

Jun 29, 2018
Spain
Guessing this won't be a thing until they have another IP in the market. Reminder that they already have GuardianCon and the biggest news they dropped there was a 30 seconds Moon (D2 ver) trailer.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Guessing this won't be a thing until they have another IP in the market. Reminder that they already have GuardianCon and the biggest news they dropped there was a 30 seconds Moon (D2 ver) trailer.

I mean keep in mind the just announced a new studio expansion and that they are expanding Destiny into other forms of media so a convention for that stuff makes sense once it is established.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Could easily just be protective action rather than an indication of a planned event.