• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017

Do they mean an upgraded version? Backwards compatible? Who knows but it will be there.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
With "more details to come" I'm gonna guess upgraded versions that support 60fps.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So... No Destiny 3? Was kinda waiting for that to hop back in and give Destiny another shot after hearing they wanted to "make it more hardcore"

Not really gonna touch Destiny 2.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I was expecting this would be one of the games as a service games that would continue into the nextgen, probably will be available at launch.

I expect a lot of games as a service titles to make the leap and continue next gen (overwatch, apex, fortnite, etc).

I wouldn't be surprised if Destiny 3 is being worked on in the background and launching Destiny 2 on next gen to tide people over for the next year or two.

Algorum

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Dec 23, 2018
Would be much better if they had Destiny 3 instead of having to announce this aged goat.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Cool. I'm assuming it'll finally be 60FPS on XSX and PS5. That'll be a good bump.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
So... No Destiny 3? Was kinda waiting for that to hop back in and give Destiny another shot after hearing they wanted to "make it more hardcore"

I think their deal with Tencent was for a new IP, if I'm not mistaken. Doubt they'll do Destiny 3 soon

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
AQJuxip.jpg

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Bungie still unable to utter the word Xbox even after independence and quitting the Sony deal. Hilarious.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Currently, I wouldn't even call Destiny 2 on PS4 Pro as really enjoyable due to how sluggish it is (and the loading times!) - so it will be nice to play this at 4k60 on next-gen.

Technesis

Apr 13, 2019
As expected. D3 isn't coming anytime soon. D2 on next gen should be a PC port based on recent updates.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
60fps changes the game. If they keep the graphics mostly the same they can get it running at 120 on next gen consoles easilly.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017

Would be much better if they had Destiny 3 instead of having to announce this aged goat.
I think their deal with Tencent was for a new IP, if I'm not mistaken. Doubt they'll do Destiny 3 soon
Next year, maybe. It will probably be their best bet at sunsetting some gear

Navid

Oct 26, 2017
Expected, think everyone should expect every free-to-play (and some not free ones) service game to have a next gen version... likely with cross-play with the previous gen version.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully Destiny 3 will be exclusively on next-gen platforms.

I feel like the PS5 and Series X would finally allow Bungie to realize its true vision for the Destiny franchise - a truly open world MMO-FPS.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Of course. Though I hope the power of these new systems will allow them to do more things(like not take 10 minutes to log in and go to the tower). Maybe the next planet they do will be twice as big as the biggest planet in D2 with more enemies and players at once and there won't be any loading inbetween areas. There being like 2 or 3 other guardians that aren't in your party just doing their own missions is still awkward as hell in D2. There should be 10+ players or something. There's enough players for that.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They are going to do a transition from destiny 2 to 3 if it wasn't obvious already.
Yes of course but some here just want to shit on destiny like they always have. This will probably be where destiny 2 is out on all platforms and than next year or two destiny 3 will come out.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
It not talking 5-10 minutes to go to the tower and pick up a bunch of shit every time you come on would be very nice, has genuinely got to the point of being game breaking for me and usually stops me from wanting to play. Decent FoV and just in general much faster loading at 60FPS would be very sweet too.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It not talking 5-10 minutes to go to the tower and pick up a bunch of shit every time you come on would be very nice, has genuinely got to the point of being game breaking for me and usually stops me from wanting to play. Decent FoV and just in general much faster loading at 60FPS would be very sweet too.

There is already talks from Bungo that they're looking into allowing you to pick up bounties from orbit. It only took them a couple of years of people complaining about having to go to the tower for that shite to actually do it.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised that wasn't a focus somewhere in that stream, as it seemed a no brainer that Bungie would be bringing the game over.

I'll probably stay out of Destiny until the third one, but good for that playerbase.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, recently jumped back in to finally finish the main Shadowkeep campaign but the loading times on my PS4 Pro are abysmal. Any next-gen Destiny after 2 better go for some serious optimization. Hopefully the SSDs on the next gen consoles can help even with 2. The game is still fun, but when it takes ages to go from one place to another, not to mention random loads in the middle of open areas, it becomes waaaay less fun.

DekuBleep

Oct 25, 2017
What is Bungie gonna do then you get new people to come into D2 without taking everything away from the long time players?

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
There is already talks from Bungo that they're looking into allowing you to pick up bounties from orbit. It only took them a couple of years of people complaining about having to go to the tower for that shite to actually do it.
Would make me very happy. Seeing them doing it for Eververse and nothing else sucked big time.