• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, that's insane. We're only gonna be halfway through Year 5 at that point. Hype train's revving early this cycle.

There wasn't even supposed to be a Destiny 2.
What? That leaked Bungie-Activision contract from waaaaaay back pre-D1 had a roadmap for four Destiny games.

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
Hopefully next expansion will have lfg system in game. And how about loadouts? Pretty please

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Bummed I no longer follow the story because I'd love to get hyped about the end game that's coming up. Tried to get back in to the game a few times but just can't anymore. Definitely going to watch some Youtube story/cutscene roundups when it's all said and done though. Still love the lore.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
I wonder if witness gets wrecked in lightfall or they leave it for final shape.

More likely the guardians get wrecked in Lightfall and then the next year is spent trying to regroup for a retaliation. Based on the the way things were left at the end of The Witch Queen
we're almost certainly going to be spending some time tracking down Immaru so that we can resurrect Savathûn for help

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Weaned myself off the game a few months ago but very tempted ot get back into it again.

StarsAreStuff

Feb 16, 2021
FFXIV is like half the size of Destiny file size lol

I think ESO is 120GB maybe a lil more

Shadowkeep in 2019 pushed D2 to 165GB.

I can only imagine how big the game would be with Beyond Light and Witch Queen if no vaulting occurred. Probably an easy 200+ GB game. I utlimately wish there was a better soluition in place than the DCV but idk what that would look like.

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, that's insane. We're only gonna be halfway through Year 5 at that point. Hype train's revving early this cycle.

What? That leaked Bungie-Activision contract from waaaaaay back pre-D1 had a roadmap for four Destiny games.
I think that's the Activision side of things. Bungie clearly wanted Destiny to be a platform SaaS title like other MMOs.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
I don't get it. Are you saying that it's OK for companies to delete content that people have paid for?

I'm certainly not giving bungie any more money with the knowledge that they could just delete what I buy. Utterly unacceptable.
Whether or not we think it is "ok" has no bearing on the legality of it, and I can guarantee you that the TOS of those games covers Bungie in this case.

Twstr709

Oct 27, 2017
Last expansion campaign was really good. I hope they keep up that momentum for the next one.

Jul 12, 2022
I'm going to jump back into this soon, I will consume the free to play content with a new character, buy the latest expansion, get through that and bam! I'm just as powerful as all those people that been playing for years :)
Might do the same tbh.

I absolutely cannot deal with the horrid mess that is my vault but a fresh char sounds nice.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Not an active player anymore but I always enjoy watching these reveal streams and their ViDocs for xpacs. Selfishly hoping that some xpacs get tossed our way on PS+ now that the acquisition has closed.

It feels as if Destiny has limitless potential for where they can take it, so dropping the 2 and just calling it Destiny going forward would make sense.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Why are you insulting me? cant you respect my opinion? I asked a serious question, no need to get so aggressive, learn to respect other people opinions.

You didn't give an opinion. You asked a question you knew the answer to with the intent of trolling.

"People still play _____?" is never a valid question. You know the answer because you're literally posting in a thread about the game.

remanutd

Oct 29, 2017
New York
lmfao what, you shit posting is not an opinion
You didn't give an opinion. You asked a question you knew the answer to with the intent of trolling.

"People still play _____?" is never a valid question. You know the answer because you're literally posting in a thread about the game.
Nop I asked a serious question and you got defensive right away and insulting me, is this kinda behavior allowed in this site?

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Actually Bungie was sold for $3 billion and is announcing a Showcase on the strength of nobody playing their game.

Jul 12, 2022
Bungie must have the record for the company that most switched publishers ever.

Microsoft -> Activision -> Independent -> Sony now I think? was there anything else?

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
People still play Destiny 2?
A lot of people play with it every day. That's the PC statistic, but it's also popular on consoles.

LsK954z.jpeg

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
I want to get back into Destiny but it's too much. I am ready for a clean break and jumping in point. Wonder when that'll come.

same, i love the moment to moment gunplay, the story, the raids, the dungeons...but i grew to hate the samey old grind every season to get higher power level in each slot, which took too much time for me. i stopped playing with season of arrivals because of that. 40-50 power level a season was too much for me. wish you could just jump into top end content every season without any grind at all, but i know a lot of people probably wouldn't like that.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
same, i love the moment to moment gunplay, the story, the raids, the dungeons...but i grew to hate the samey old grind every season to get higher power level in each slot, which took too much time for me. i stopped playing with season of arrivals because of that. 40-50 power level a season was too much for me. wish you could just jump into top end content every season without any grind at all, but i know a lot of people probably wouldn't like that.
Every time I wanna get into it again, I get annoyed by how much of the group content doesn't have matchmaking.

Or hell, with Legendary Lost Sectors they now force you to run difficult content solo.

I understand how easy it is to find a group with something like the Destiny 2 LFG Discord, but that doesn't really excuse the fact that there's no in-game solution to the problem.

I can't think of another MMO that's nearly as reliant on third-party apps as Destiny 2 is. I need a mobile app to manage my inventory and bounties. I need websites open to keep track of where Xur is and what I've already bought from him. I need to be in a Discord server in order to run group content.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
Thats how it is now. Seasonal jump is only 10 power levels and the seasonal activity bumps your power if you are lower.