• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
First ever human and Transformer sex scene? That's the feel I'm getting.

Seriously though, that was the first Transformers trailer ever that made me feel remotely interested in watching a Transformers movie.

pixelation

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think it's weird that some Transformers ( Like Prime, Soundwave, etc) look so close to their G1incarnations, but then you have this other ones ( the triple transforming ones on the trailer) that look closer to the Bayformers... what gives?, Bumblebee himself looks closer to the Bayformers than his G1 version.

Oct 27, 2017
Just got out It's much better than expected. Haillie Steinfeld and Bumblees relationship are very well done and definitely the highlight of the movie that being said the rest of the film can feel a little cheesy especially John Cena but thankfully he's barely in it I would say if your a fan of the series that it's worth seeing and is much better then some of the recent films in the franchise

-Optimus Primes entry at the end was pretty dope

-the memes that will come from John Cena in this will be glorious

Last edited:

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's weird that some Transformers ( Like Prime, Soundwave, etc) look so close to their G1incarnations, but then you have this other ones ( the triple transforming ones on the trailer) that look closer to the Bayformers... what gives?, Bumblebee himself looks closer to the Bayformers than his G1 version.

It was filmed with the intention of making it a prequel to the Bay movies, but since those are in limbo they're using this to gauge whether to reboot completely or not.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
For years I've dreamed of having a Transformers movie that was actually good. Just good. It'd at least be miles ahead of the other films.

Bumblebee isn't just good, it's *fantastic*
I feel like I'm on cloud 9 right now.

Y'all need to see it. So good.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I thought the movie was enjoyable enough.

Happy to come out of one of these without feeling mentally exhausted by all the big setpieces.

Also nice that it was a much smaller focus. Some big laughs. Cool action. Decent enough characters. Though most beyond the lead were fairly one dimensional

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Having a smaller cast of bots was a great decision. Bee might just be the most loveable a Transformers has ever been. And Shatter and Dropkick, while fairly one-dimensional, have actual personalities and are fun to watch. Decepticons who aren't just screaming hunks of twisted grey metal- who could've believed it?

The movie has a lot of heart. I love it for that.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Just got back. The first ten minutes alone are better than any other Transformers movie out. Not a high bar but still.

Just tons of heart in this movie. Right down to even the meta joke about

trusting robots who even call themselves Decepticons

I just can't speak highly enough about this movie. I guess you could say it ran a little long, but sitting here I'm not even sure what I would cut out because there's so much character growth in this.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Just got out It's much better than expected. Haillie Steinfeld and Bumblees relationship are very well done and definitely the highlight of the movie that being said the rest of the film can feel a little cheesy especially John Cena but thankfully he's barely in it I would say if your a fan of the series that it's worth seeing and is much better then some of the recent films in the franchise

-Optimus Primes entry at the end was pretty dope

-the memes that will come from John Cena in this will be glorious

So question does this seem like its connected to bays world or can it stand as a reboot and does it set up a sequel?

Oct 27, 2017
Having a smaller cast of bots was a great decision. Bee might just be the most loveable a Transformers has ever been. And Shatter and Dropkick, while fairly one-dimensional, have actual personalities and are fun to watch. Decepticons who aren't just screaming hunks of twisted grey metal- who could've believed it?

The movie has a lot of heart. I love it for that.

Also I want my own bumblee now

So question does this seem like its connected to bays world or can it stand as a reboot and does it set up a sequel?

it does set up for another film but very low key they can go with it wherever they want and to answer your Michael Bay question it's in the same universe

Last edited:

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
So it is cheesy, but doesn't detract from the main parts of the film? I can dig that. Everyone needs some cheese now and then.

(I accidentally saw the spoiler when I quoted this. Shit! Oh well lmaoooo)

Cth

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I disagree.

It's totally in line with Bay's universe.

Simmons is in the film. Much like the other TF films it reinvents/tweaks the timeline some. So it's not a reboot per se.

It's definitely has a lot of heart and that part will resonate with audiences. As with all things there's stuff to nitpick but my wife and I loved it. Humor and characterization were on point.

Memo is totally useless and serves no purpose at all. Charlie has a scene telegraphed/set up through the film that some will complain about.

Cena at one point says something along the lines of ripping someone's face off. I had to laugh a bit at the idea, given Optimus' perchant for doing so in Bay's films.

Oct 27, 2017
So it is cheesy, but doesn't detract from the main parts of the film? I can dig that. Everyone needs some cheese now and then.

(I accidentally saw the spoiler when I quoted this. Shit! Oh well lmaoooo)

The cheese is honestly mainly John Cena but his presence in the movie is so rare that when he does come out it's hilarious

Last edited:

Cth

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Yep. I'm one of the weird fans who liked the 80s cartoon, Bay's films, and this one.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like a good fun film. Looking forward to it though I probably won't be able to see it till January.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Cena is in full "corny Cena" mode. The only reason it works is because he's steering into it. If he was trying to play his character straight it would be very unenjoyable.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Looks like reviews are hitting now. Is this the kind of movie to get a review thread or should we just let it be?

TerminusFox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just saw this movie tonight. My god is it freaking great. I loved every goddamn second of it. Who knew taking Micheal Bay out of the director's seat could produce an enjoyable Transformers film?

lol, there's going to be so many "Shape Of Water" jokes, and not entirely unfounded either.

Cth

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Oh, and it's very much an 80s movie.. if the soundtrack doesn't remind you of that, there's plenty of other ways you're reminded of it throughout the film.

Oct 27, 2017
I missed the first 5 minutes...

Can someone spoil it for me?

Walked in when Cena and gang was chasing Bumblebee as a jeep.

Besides that, I enjoyed the movie.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017

There's a lot of fighting on Cybertron. The Decepticons have surrounded the Autobots. Optimus sends the Autobots out in escape pods, telling them to go form bases on planets where the Autobots can rebuild before coming home to retake Cybertron. He tells Bumblebee to go to Earth and create a safe base for the Autobots, then he'll follow. As the Autobots leave, Optimus buys them time to escape.

Xbox Live Mike

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
USA
Just got out of the movie and I loved it. Very 80's in many ways. This is the Transformers movie the fans deserved in the first place and I hope future films keep to this tone.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I just saw this movie tonight. My god is it freaking great. I loved every goddamn second of it. Who knew taking Micheal Bay out of the director's seat could produce an enjoyable Transformers film?

lol, there's going to be so many "Shape Of Water" jokes, and not entirely unfounded either.
It's not really that surprising. Especially when that new director is someone like Travis Knight. I imagine working with stop motion or animation in general forces you to focus extensively on clarity and contrast and readability onscreen, which are three things that the Transformers movies desperately needed.

Along with what sounds like a simpler more focused narrative

mojo

Oct 25, 2017
There's an action sequence in this that's about a minute long that makes everything in the Bay movies look like straight up amateur hour

Deleted member 4260

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's def some cheese mostly coming from Cena's character but it's fine. The movie had a lot of heart and I enjoyed the human characters for once.

chidrock

Oct 26, 2017

This happened to me too...I was on line getting snacks and I even told someone that at least there'd be like 20 minutes of previews before the movie starts.

Then I get back to the room and thought they were playing a commercial for some new Transformers game only to realize that the movie started already. My wife told me that they didn't even have any previews; I guess it was bc the showing was an early screening and the movie isn't officially out yet.

Luckily I didn't miss much and got right into it. I liked the movie a lot. It had a lot of heart and didn't take itself too seriously. The cheesy moments didn't really go over the top either.

Definitely looking forward to the next one. 👍

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Makes sense I guess... I hope they completely ignore the Bay saga from here on.
Too bad they already messed Bumblebee design, I mean it's nice and way better than bayverse but wish it was closer to g1 since they did the same for Optimus, Soundwave, Shockwave (based on trailer, haven't seen the movie).

What, not a fan of this fucking dorito-con?

350px-RevengeOfTheFallenStarscream.jpg
It's like someone thought they were doing a Terminator movie.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
So I saw this tonight and its the best Transformers movie, which isn't exactly a high bar, but at least it has that going for it.

It's fine. It's acceptable, but it's barely better than the first Transformers and honestly, it kind of made me sad thinking about what the Transformers COULD have been on screen.

All the Cybertron moments are AMAZING. So many characters that looked absolutely gorgeous onscreen when they weren't coated with the Michael Bay spit shine.