• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Magneton

Banned
Jul 31, 2018

Weird move with weird timing. Guess all those conservatives whining about not getting dates have won (at least for now)?

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
There was a trending post about someone using the Conservative filter in DC to collect evidence for the FBI. I wonder if that's why.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
More likely conservatives were trolling liberals to call them sex trafficking satan worshippers, because they are extra amped up right now.

I read a story that people were setting their profiles to R to find maga bros who were at the capitol and report them to the FBI.

That makes more sense than my theory.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
I would like for them to expand on the options when it returns. You can't include every political viewpoint, but I'd like some general "leftist" category as opposed to just "liberal."

Small nitpick.

Edit - To be clear, I haven't been on the platform since spring of last year. Perhaps it's been updated since then but I'm not sure.

Thunder11

Oct 27, 2017
The apps moderation team has always been wonky.

I've had a few friends get banned permanently for seemingly no reason (one for example was because the guy didn't respond to a girl who extended their match on him, she was bragging about this to someone else later. She reported him for making her feel uncomfortable). And no, they can't ever make a new profile again either lol.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
I really like the "I don't care about politics" option, because that's clearly a stance on politics.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would like for them to expand on the options when it returns. You can't include every political viewpoint, but I'd like some general "leftist" category as opposed to just "liberal."

Small nitpick.

Edit - To be clear, I haven't been on the platform since spring of last year. Perhaps it's been updated since then but I'm not sure.
At least in my country, it's 'left,' 'center,' or 'right.'

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck Bumble if they did this to protect seditionists.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Absolutely brain dead decision. They did this because girls were baiting conservative guys into sharing their capitol videos and then sending them to the FBI.

Imagine protecting rightwing terrorists on your feminist dating app.

This puts women in danger, too.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I wondered why Tomi Lahren had shown up on my Bumble feed lol. I definitely make sure to swipe left/completely filter out anyone even close to Conservative so I was fairly confused. This is a pretty terrible decision from them.

Small nitpick.

Last I checked it was still "Liberal/Moderate/Conservative/Apolitical" but obviously not at the moment anymore.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Man I missed this story. Randomly popped up on my Twitter feed. Absolute genius use of filters in a dating app. Getting blueballed to not own the libs.

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
Pretty shitty of Bumble, I don't want to match with right wing POS's.
I guess i'll stick to EHarmony instead of going back to it.