• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
Considering the amount of brutal violence against homeless people and murderings, this isn't exactly funny. If that money would go to charity it'd be at least a little less disgusting... oh well...

Airbar

Oct 26, 2017
Just checked the Steam page and forums ... fucking sickening. Devs actually asked for people to post their ideas for "crazy" activities in the game.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
This.

It's extremely sad that the view of homeless people has become so dehumanized.

The living conditions and experiences of homeless people shouldn't be made into a shitty comedy game. Shame on the developers for making this.

This isn't something that recently happened. This depiction of the homeless has been around for decades.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't have much of an issue with this game if a large portion of profits went to helping the homeless. These guys are going to profit off homelessness, pretty damn low.

I will give credit that it looks fairly well made.

Dr.Social

Oct 25, 2017
From the developers' website:

"realistic simulator"

wT5gRxd.gif

HyGogg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, Condemned 3 does not look anywhere near as good as the first (but still better than 2).

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
This is disgusting and really problematic. Homelessness is not funny, it ruins millions of lives around the world. No surprise that valve allow this sick joke onto their store.
Agreed. There's nothing funny about homelessness, mental health issues, poverty or alcoholism. This whole hobo/bum stereotype only serves to dehumanise those suffering.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
It's Always Sunny in Philidelphia uses bum comedy to much amusement.

Honestly if you can't handle something without attaching the real world issues how the fuck can you argue shooting hundreds of brown people in a simulated version of actual ongoing wars is not just as desenstitive. Or blowing brains out and mowing down enemies at ease.

Croash

Oct 27, 2017
That developers' message, smh.

None of this is close to what the Homeless chapter did in Beyond: Two Souls.

SmokingBun

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The only way such a game could work was if it was presented in the style of "THIS WAR OF MINE"

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I don't find it offensive, it just doesn't look very good or amusing.

Oct 30, 2017

Honestly if you can't handle something without attaching the real world issues how the fuck can you argue shooting hundreds of brown people in a simulated version of actual ongoing wars is not just as desenstitive. Or blowing brains out and mowing down enemies at ease.
Thank you. We can't cherrypick just because the game strays from the beaten path.

I personally think it looks hilarious because it's a harmless game with fictional hobos. The pearl clutching is hilarious considering everyone here will never make eye contact with the homeless man at the intersection.

TSM

Oct 27, 2017

Not that it validates this game, but it's really amazing that we've packaged up the horror that was WWII and turned it into an entertainment product.

Oct 26, 2017
This looks like Goat Simulator only with a Hobo, and first person.

I hope both Jim Sterling and Giant Bomb do a one-off "Let's Play" video.

jasius

Oct 28, 2017
I'm surprised this doesn't feature a youtuber or twitch streamer.

DONATE to my comment on my patreon please!

Oh wait, it's BUM simulator not beggar simulator.

boi

Nov 1, 2017
Edit: nvm, dont want to derail the thread

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
This isn't something that recently happened. This depiction of the homeless has been around for decades.

Yes and it continues to be problematic.

Games like this that style themselves entirely around propagating a damaging, dehumanizing stereotype, only continue to exacerbate the problem.

And you only need to look at the first few posts in this thread of people essentially cheering for the game to see how ingrained these horrible depictions of vulnerable, suffering people are in our society.