• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Right? They have a confidence about this that feels unearned. Maybe they have focus groups already know.
Build-a-Bear x Animal Crossing is all but guaranteed to be a success. If it isn't, it'll be one of those "how did you fuck this up" moments.

My biggest fear is that the selection will just be a variation on the few iconic characters like Isabelle and Tom Nook

Oct 28, 2017
Build-a-Bear x Animal Crossing is all but guaranteed to be a success. If it isn't, it'll be one of those "how did you fuck this up" moments.

My biggest fear is that the selection will just be a variation on the few iconic characters like Isabelle and Tom Nook

In theory this is a license to print money and tons of it but you would think that they would show something.

johnsmith

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not gonna buy any if it's just Tom Nook, Isabelle, or KK. There's just too much merch of those characters to get excited about this.

But if they do some actual villagers, all bets are off. Give me Raymond in a maid's dress, you cowards!

Curler

Oct 26, 2017

I don't see them bringing in anything else until it's a separate wave. Even with Pokemon you got Pikachu, then the starters, and then other stuff after that, like Vulpix. I really see it only being like: Isabelle, KK, Tom Nook, and then like a vendor or 2.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
You know what? I have tomorrow off. I'm gonna sign up for that email thing on the off chance it's one of the few people I'd buy (like Gulliver or Blathers). Sucks you have to sign up for a newletter first, but I can just block it once it's over.

Feels like it'll be the digital version of this (BaB doesn't have the best ideas :x)

www.usatoday.com

Build-A-Bear halts 'Pay Your Age' sale as hundreds in metro Phoenix wait in line

Build-A-Bear's "Pay Your Age" sale ended nationwide before the stores opened in metro Phoenix, but at least one location was still taking customers.

Since they've had so long to get this prepped hopefully it's not a similar issue.

Ideally they would have posted photos and opened up preorders months ago and just done them made to order + some extras for the stores...

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Since they've had so long to get this prepped hopefully it's not a similar issue.

Ideally they would have posted photos and opened up preorders months ago and just done them made to order + some extras for the stores...

It just seems very messy to hold an order at all, with essentially showing a box with a question mark on it :/ Good luck to those that want one but well, keep expectations in check, just from my experience.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
It just seems very messy to hold an order at all, with essentially showing a box with a question mark on it :/ Good luck to those that want one but well, keep expectations in check, just from my experience.

It does kinda feel like a lose/lose for them. If it's someone people are excited over there's no way they'll have enough stock, but if it isn't people will be let down they put all this effort into getting someone they can already get a plush of pretty easily.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Sales go live in about 30 min. Here's the page: https://buildabear.queue-it.net/?c=...acter-animal-crossing&kupver=salesforce-1.0.0

1080x1080_AnimalCrossingCollection_USUK.jpg

Choose between Isabelle or Tom Nook w/New Horizons outfit and a soundbox featuring the New Horizons theme or Phrases.

ExoExplorer

Jan 3, 2019
New York City
Figured it'd be those two. Tempting but they get so much merch otherwise already. Have to think if I want to jump on this. They really got their designs right which is nice.

PerfectFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Hard pass. I was holding out hope that I could get a Bella BaB for my wife, but I am not shelling out $50 for Tom Nook or Isabelle.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Oh I was really expecting some really popular villagers to be added. Oh well. Pass. 😢

Airi

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not surprised but disappointed that it is just these two who already grace every other piece of Animal Crossing merch. I was really hoping for Flick and some of the other major characters, like Sable. I'm surprised they didn't consider a customization service of printing your favorite villager on a doll shirt.

johnsmith

Oct 26, 2017
it's trending. This was always going to be the obvious reaction. How were Nintendo and build-a-bear this stupid. Even just 1 male and 1 female villager would have made the reaction better.

·
Video games · Trending
Isabelle
Those hoping to purchase the Animal Crossing collaborations with Build-A-Bear are disappointed that the only characters featured appear to be Isabelle and Tom Nook
Trending with #buildabear, Celeste

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
This is pretty much what I expected. When Pokemon was announced, it was just Pikachu. Then the starters came out one by one later. They do look good though!

PlatypusDude

Oct 25, 2017
at least there's hope they'll add more later

animalcrossingworld.com

RUMOR: Raymond, Audie, Bob, Marshal Among Future Build-A-Bear Animal Crossing Characters (& More) - Animal Crossing World

We have potential details on some future characters that might be included in the Animal Crossing: New Horizons X Build-A-Bear Collection, courtesy of a
That would be nice, but wouldn't assume any particular character. Could just be assigned keywords in their search system that someone put in (do something similar at my job).

Other characters were likely missed or thought not worth it from a traffic perspective. Could be wrong though of course.

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, so expected but a bit disappointing. I'll just wait to go build Tom at an actual store this summer, hopefully there's still a chance we get someone else like KK