• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Hey Xbox fans! I'm Kevin Zuhn, creative director at Young Horses, and today I'm talkin' bout Bugsnax!

If you're not familiar, Bugsnax is a first-person adventure game where you collect kinda-bug, kinda-snak creatures and feed them to your friends. You play as a journalist following the trail of lost explorer Elizabert Megafig to Snaktooth Island, where she discovered Bugsnax before mysteriously disappearing. The only way to track her down is to catch tons of Bugsnax and feed them to Lizbert's scattered band of misfit grumpuses. However, anybody who consumes a Bugsnak rapidly mutates into what they've eaten!

It's a unique blend of slapstick comedy and narrative mystery with a dash of body horror on the side. If that sounds appetizing, then I have good news: Bugsnax is coming to Xbox Game Pass, PC Game Pass, and available for Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, cloud gaming (Beta), and Windows 10 PCs on April 28!

To make this new launch even more exciting, the team at Young Horses and I have been working hard on a free content update called The Isle of Bigsnax.

The Isle of Bigsnax includes around three hours of new story and quest content where you explore a strange island that has risen from the sea, crawling with giant-sized Bugsnax! You'll also be able to take on new challenges in the town of Snaxburg to earn furniture and accessories for your personal hut. And I'm always happy to say, you can now hunt down adorable hats to put on your collection of Bugsnax.

news.xbox.com

Bugsnax Available April 28 with Xbox Game Pass and PC Game Pass - Xbox Wire

Hey Xbox fans! I’m Kevin Zuhn, creative director at Young Horses, and today I’m talkin’ bout Bugsnax! If you’re not familiar, Bugsnax is a first-person adventure game where you collect kinda-bug, kinda-snak creatures and feed them to your friends. You play as a journalist following the trail of...

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've had this installed on my ps5 since launch and never touched it. I should get to it someday soon.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Been waiting to play this on PC. Octodad was a favorite.

Hearing that it's dark, maybe I shouldn't play it with my daughter? She turns 5 next month.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
I've been thinking about this over the last week and hoping it would eventually be ported. I would have definitely purchased, so more than happy it's dropping into Gamepass

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
enjoyed the memes from this game, excited for more people to try it out, even if it wasn't my cup of tea :)

Edit: oh wait, it's coming to switch too!

Threads should probably be merged/updated

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ugh I bought this on PS5 a few months ago when it had a slight discount, wish I would've waited now.

Definitley a fun time though.

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
Game was unexpectedly pretty good, good news. Makes sense given it was a launch Free PS Title for the PS5, it did this game good to be a launch/near launch title for the system.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I remember this getting a LOT of hype a while back, so I'm happy for people that were interested in it. Even if it's 0% on my radar, more diversity on Gamepass is always good.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
i came away a little bit disappointed by the game's kinda loose and janky mechanics but the surprisingly mature writing and completely out there revelations of the final parts kept me interested.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed this one, it's crazy how it goes from happy go-lucky to well, I won't spoil it but man it goes places lol

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
It's been on PC Day 1

I'm not buying shit on Epic anymore. I don't have object permanence on my PC, if I don't see it then it doesn't exist. At least with gamepass I'm not buying something extra.

I already have games spread across 8+ launchers, I'm done with trying to micromanage my library. It's bad enough just trying to organize my Steam library of over 1k games.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Oh my daughter is going to love to hear this. She doesn't have the PS5 in her room, but she does have her own Series X and this will absolutely be on her to play list.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
I grabbed it on PS5 at launch (I think it was part of plus or it was just free) but never really bothered with it.

If it's on the PC pass as well though? I don't mind giving it a go.

Wild that it wasn't on Switch at launch, really seems like it's something that would have done well on there.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
PLEASE play this game. It is such a wonderful game and deserves all the love. Wonderful characters, touching story, and an awesome little Ape Escape X Pokemon Snap gameplay mashup that really sticks with you

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020
I fell for the "oo oo, a PS5 game on PC" hype at launch and bought it on EGS.

Did not like it at all. It has a 90's Rare-esque budget with awful gameplay and really shit jokes.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I got it on Ps Plus, but never downloaded it. I usually don't let stuff like marketing and fandom stop me from trying something, but I dunno, it did with this one. This really felt like one that was trying way too hard to force memes and fans forcing it to be some meme and it just came off so lame. Not sure why that struck that cord to way it did with me. May try it at some point still since the deader months are coming.

bmecey

Oct 30, 2017
Yes! Very excited for the DLC, Bugsnax was one of my favorite games of 2020.

Have the devs said if you need to beat the game to access the DLC? I played it originally on PS4 but would rather try this now on Xbox Series S for the performance boost.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I've heard things. Like this game looks funny but turned dark?

Don't want to spoil it, but yes it does. Not like crazy amounts, but it's not as innocent as it seems. It also has amazing writing and great LGBTQ+ characters!

I got it for free at launch with Plus, but I adore this game. Got the plat too!

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Yes! Very excited for the DLC, Bugsnax was one of my favorite games of 2020.

Have the devs said if you need to beat the game to access the DLC? I played it originally on PS4 but would rather try this now on Xbox Series S for the performance boost.
The Xbox wire post mentions that the new content will be sprinkled throughout the game? So i don't think it's required but i assume if you have finished it you'll be ready to go asap