• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Probably my best gaming surprise of 2020, personally found it a ton of fun. It also had a lovely cast of characters.

Congrats to the studio.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Makes sense as the PS5 was the only system that got it for free and that provided a huge marketing boost to the game. That leaves the hundred million PS4 owners left to buy it.

Congrats to the team.

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
Good game and was able to play through it with my daughter.

Give me Bugsnax 2: The Bungering!

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
PET THE BUNGER

iIBri41.gif
BUNGERBUNGERBUNGERBUNGER

Apr 25, 2018
Rockwall, Texas
i think they use to call them "demo discs"
I see what you're going for but it's not quite the same thing. A demo disc only gave you a small sampling of a game and you make the decision based on that demo whether the game is worth buying. This is you keeping the game through PS+ like it's in your collection forever and you still decide to buy the game in spite of that. It's very much like Gamepass but even better since the game won't be delisted and you can redownload it if you want as long as you've claimed it.

Again this is further proof that the Gamepass model can work.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
I see what you're going for but it's not quite the same thing. A demo disc only gave you a small sampling of a game and you make the decision based on that demo whether the game is worth buying. This is you keeping the game through PS+ like it's in your collection forever and you still decide to buy the game in spite of that. It's very much like Gamepass but even better since the game won't be delisted and you can redownload it if you want as long as you've claimed it.

Again this is further proof that the Gamepass model can work.
it's still a demo even if it's free b/c it's not a free to play game. it's for exposure and word of mouth since the free part is only temporary like getting the demo disc from a monthly magazine. It ain't gamepass model it's a decades old model coming back with purple hair

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
So happy to hear this. I hope they all got some good rest and a break after launch. This has been probably one of my favorite launch games ever. Just felt so different from anything I'm used to playing, despite there being a lot of mechanics that on paper sound like they're from other games.

Another funny thing is that when I tell people these days about Octodad and describe it to them they say it sounds amazing and wonder why they've never heard of it before. I wonder if it would see a spike in interest/sales if it was marketed again.

Apr 25, 2018
Rockwall, Texas
it's still a demo even if it's free b/c it's not a free to play game. it's for exposure and word of mouth since the free part is only temporary like getting the demo disc from a monthly magazine. It ain't gamepass model it's a decades old model coming back with purple hair

Just because the demo model has been around forever doesn't invalidate my point. You can have a game available on a service you pay for where you get the game for "Free" and people are still desiring the game enough to make a purchase which is impressive and goes against the idea that people just want free and will not purchase it if they can get it for "free".

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
amazing, congrats to the team for that. I love this game.

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
It was funny. What was NOT funny was a rain-only Bugsnax...

The voice actor for the singer was the real star, though.

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
Glad to see it's doing well. Personally I didn't love it, but I'm always glad to try something a bit different.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I certainly found the premise of exploring an island full of wacky food creatures and figuring out its secrets more interesting than "look how much videogame physics suck, now struggle with them!"

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
I need a sequel. Never have I played a game both so utterly charmingly adorable yet also so completely horrific at the same time.