• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bing147

Jun 13, 2018
Ya, I'm pretty much in love with it. Played through it on PS4 for review and its honestly one of the more interesting gaming stories I've played in the last year or two. Its a cool, cool game. My only issue there was the atrocious loading times but I ran through again on PS5 today and those are thankfully gone. 3-10 seconds between areas instead of sometimes a minute or two.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
Thank you for throwing this together OP!

I'm a few hours in and loving it. I catch myself grinning a lot as I play—and I really like how much they make you just figure stuff out. The 'boss fights' are also a blast.
Here's a quick little Bugsnax header image for the OT you can use Portmanteau
Code:
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/Vd9QOFg.png[/IMG]
Vd9QOFg.png

I hope people like it :) should be a nice thing to have at the top of the OT.

I'm waiting for the PS5 to release here (next week in the UK) to play Bugsnax but I'm pretty excited to experience the nonsense that is this game, seems like a fun thing to play after Miles Morales and Demon's Souls.
This looks so cute!!

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I wonder why all the promo art seems to have Filbo catching the Bugsnax. Can't be a case of "your character looks just like him" because you clearly have orange fur.

Also "Megafig" doesn't sound as punny as, say, the German version "Megafein" which is pronounced much closer to McGuffin.

Aug 31, 2019
So far it's been awesome, though I'm wondering if any other PC players are having FPS issues? I get ~15-20fps when facing Snaxburg no matter what setting I change, and I have a 5700XT, which while suffering from "amd lol" syndrome, is otherwise no slouch.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I've been having a lot of fun so far. It's a cute little game and I'm starting to fill out the town much more. I love the voice acting and characterization, I definitely didn't expect this area to be as good as it is.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Welp, I just sequence broke without even realizing that's what I was doing. Apparently you're not supposed to be able to get to Frosted Peak on your first visit to Sugarpine Woods but it was pretty easy to just jump up to the entrance. Do not do this. It autocompleted a lot of quests and sent three grumpuses back to Snaxburg that I hadn't finished the quests for yet. And of course, since the game constantly autosaves there's nothing I can do about it.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
Late game spoiler question

Does anyone know where to find Eggabel after you convince her to come back? I need to feed her Bugsnax for the last chievo other than the story ones but can't figure out where she went :0

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Just tried the first 5 minutes and the frame rate seemed pretty bad.
Which console?

Dark1x said on stream that it's uncapped on both and hits 50-60fps most of the time on PS5. I don't know what sort of framerates the PS4 version reaches. He did note that the PS4 version on PS5 via backwards compatibility is a perfect 60fps.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Which console?

Dark1x said on stream that it's uncapped on both and hits 50-60fps most of the time on PS5. I don't know what sort of framerates the PS4 version reaches. He did note that the PS4 version on PS5 via backwards compatibility is a perfect 60fps.

PS5. Dropping to 50s constantly I guess which sucks without VRR.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2019
Apologies everyone. I had originally signed up to the do the OT and had it good to go before a freak lightning surge one night knocked the power out to my house and fried my computer. I tried to save it, but had to give up OT duties ultimately. Thanks to OP for putting something out in my absence.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
In case anyone is looking to platinum hot tip (late game vague spoiler):

make sure to finish making Eggabel full bugsnack before going to grab Filbo to open the door. Seems like she's inaccessible for the rest of the game after that, and you'll lock yourself out of the trophy to turn everyone full bugsnack.

That's at least my experience -- if anyone has figured out a way around this restriction, let me know.

OP
OP
Portmanteau

Portmanteau

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Apologies everyone. I had originally signed up to the do the OT and had it good to go before a freak lightning surge one night knocked the power out to my house and fried my computer. I tried to save it, but had to give up OT duties ultimately. Thanks to OP for putting something out in my absence.
Hey! Do you have a way to play this? Sounds like you're in dire times, and I respect that you tried to do the OT (yours would have been much better than what I did haha). DM me if you want me to gift you a copy since you're in a rough patch.

Jun 23, 2019
Hey! Do you have a way to play this? Sounds like you're in dire times, and I respect that you tried to do the OT (yours would have been much better than what I did haha). DM me if you want me to gift you a copy since you're in a rough patch.

That's awfully generous of you, but it's ok, I managed to get my own copy for my PS5. I was super stoked to do the OT for this game, but shit happens. Thanks anyway!

Malcolm9

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Hopefully they can patch the frame rate rather than people whining about the PS5 not having VRR.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Gotta say that ending wasn't nearly as strange as some podcasts hyped it up to be...

May 24, 2019
You can't DL the PS4 version on the PS5 if you got it on PS+, right? I'm not seeing the option for switching versions like I am on Miles Morales.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game reminds me of a mix of like Viva Pinata, Pokemon, Oddworld Stranger's Wrath, and Ooblets (even if that game is still only in early access).

It's such an odd and charming little thing, and I love games that have a small but robust world to explore and get to know.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, I just sequence broke without even realizing that's what I was doing. Apparently you're not supposed to be able to get to Frosted Peak on your first visit to Sugarpine Woods but it was pretty easy to just jump up to the entrance. Do not do this. It autocompleted a lot of quests and sent three grumpuses back to Snaxburg that I hadn't finished the quests for yet. And of course, since the game constantly autosaves there's nothing I can do about it.
I think that's the first thing the next patch is going to address, from what I've read.

xinoart

Oct 27, 2017
I accidentally found an issue very near the beginning of the game. I didn't see the "pen" to lure the Bunger to and I led him down to the bottom of the valley. Only problem is that Bungers can't jump up steps and one never respawns at the top so make sure you lure him into the pen at the top. Now I gotta start over lol.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say that ending wasn't nearly as strange as some podcasts hyped it up to be...

Right? Like some of the reviews went out of their way to talk about how "dark" and "shocking" the game actually was, one of them going so far as to compare it to Spec Ops: The Line. Watching it without the context of the rest of the game it just seems like pretty typical Adventure Time stuff.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
One oddity in the ending: The island you escape to after Snaktooth explodes is within line of sight of the ruins of Snaktooth AND populated (like, large residential blocks next to the beach), yet it's somehow so unknown? I know it's probably just to set up a nice scene for the farewells but still an odd choice. I don't think it's a Grumpinati thing.

Right? Like some of the reviews went out of their way to talk about how "dark" and "shocking" the game actually was, one of them going so far as to compare it to Spec Ops: The Line. Watching it without the context of the rest of the game it just seems like pretty typical Adventure Time stuff.
On Waypoint they didn't sound like it was super dark but they did make it sound like a huge surprise. I'd say it's more of a mild surprise.

Last edited:

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Downloading this now, curious to see what it's going to be like.
Also....

Bugsnax |OT| Watchu Talkin' Bout?

BraveIckyBobwhite-size_restricted.gif

Zachary_Games

Jul 31, 2020
Have this game already loaded on the SSD. Can't wait to play this game at some point soon! Just gotta get Demon's Souls and Astro out of my system then this game is next.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
The translation of the game is pretty rough, at least in German. Plenty of idioms get messed up or phrases get interpreted the wrong way for the context. For example when you tell Crando that he got his just desserts, the translation treats that as if you were saying he got just his dessert. Which is of course complete nonsense. Of course having Floofty's pronouns translated to he/him is probably unavoidable as German cannot be used in a genderless way (job descriptions usually cram both genders into every word that requires gendering).

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
I accidentally found an issue very near the beginning of the game. I didn't see the "pen" to lure the Bunger to and I led him down to the bottom of the valley. Only problem is that Bungers can't jump up steps and one never respawns at the top so make sure you lure him into the pen at the top. Now I gotta start over lol.
I made the same mistake.

Also beware when using the Lunch Pad gadget. I've softlocked the game a handful of times by accidentally using it on a character or myself.

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
Talking Ab|OT| ...Bugsnax

A dark but silly game. I need it.

Whenever I see this game I wish they'd implement a fur shader similar to what Rare used in their games back in the day.

Jan 9, 2018
Just finished the story! That was wild! Young horses did a great job. Could definitely see a lot of work went into the whole idea. Wish certain characters had a better end but it was a great experience overall and I want more