• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Portmanteau

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the original creator of the OT had their computer die, so I decided to put this up in the meantime and will be working on it throughout the day. I'm sorry this is so barebones, I've never made one of these before. Please add what you want to see in posts below and I'll add them. I'm sorry!

bugsnax-ps5-reveal-young-horses-interview-octodad-kero-kero-bonito.jpg

What is Bugsnax?

Bugsnax takes you on a whimsical adventure to Snaktooth Island, home of the legendary half-bug half-snack creatures, Bugsnax. Invited by intrepid explorer Elizabert Megafig, you arrive to discover your host nowhere to be found, her camp in shambles, and her followers scattered across the island alone... and hungry!
It's up to you to solve the mysteries of Snaktooth Island: What happened to Lizbert? What are Bugsnax and where do they come from? But most of all, why do they taste SO GOOD?

Launch Trailer

Metacritic (PS5): 73
Opencritic: 76

OP
OP
Portmanteau

Portmanteau

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really sorry that the OT is so hacked together! This was extremely last minute since (in the OT creation thread) it was implied that the original creator's computer died. Please let me know what you want to see in the OT and I'll throw it in. I've never done this. If their PC comes back to life, we can kill this OT and switch to theirs.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I'm really sorry that the OT is so hacked together! This was extremely last minute since (in the OT creation thread) it was implied that the original creator's computer died. Please let me know what you want to see in the OT and I'll throw it in. I've never done this. If their PC comes back to life, we can kill this OT and switch to theirs.
if you read up on it in the OT OT, their computer died a month ago, this wasn't a last minute explosion so there's no backup. This is it :D

Just collect some useful things and basic info to get people started, you'll be fine!

Wong Kar Why

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
i've set a goal to get 24 plats this year, and this will be the one i'm closing the year with.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
As soon as I set up my PS5 and download/install shit, this is the game I'm playing first.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I redeemed the game for ps5 but Im in Europe ....
I wanted to try it on PS4 but it says 21.99e

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
For those with Plus you can redeem on PS app right there on Subscriptions I couldn't find on web store (piece of fucking shit).

pwrshll

Oct 27, 2017
Trying to start Bugsnax on PS5 and getting an error that my Playstation Plus subscription has expired. I'm subscribed through 2024, though...

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
The tone of the unfinished OT is rather in keeping with the game's tone to be honest, so this is the perfect OT for it in a way.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Here's a quick little Bugsnax header image for the OT you can use Portmanteau
Code:
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/Vd9QOFg.png[/IMG]
Vd9QOFg.png

I hope people like it :) should be a nice thing to have at the top of the OT.

I'm waiting for the PS5 to release here (next week in the UK) to play Bugsnax but I'm pretty excited to experience the nonsense that is this game, seems like a fun thing to play after Miles Morales and Demon's Souls.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019
I was expecting either a dark body horror thing or a lighthearted game with cute animals and googley eyes. Not THIS!

Honestly surprised at what this game really seems to be.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Had a run on PC just now, so apparently Epic store has achievement support now, huh. Game has plenty of charm so far.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So the only way right now to get the physical version is on Fangamer? That "we won't ship until Q1 2021" message might be a placeholder, but I can't afford for the game to arrive after Xmas.

When will it be on Amazon, Walmart and the like?

oggob

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney, Australia
So the only way right now to get the physical version is on Fangamer? That "we won't ship until Q1 2021" message might be a placeholder, but I can't afford for the game to arrive after Xmas.

When will it be on Amazon, Walmart and the like?

This! there have been an increase in games that get a "limited" print, then eventually get a wider release.

I'm not suggesting that Bugsnax will follow like other titles before it, but as someone who prefers my collection to be only from my region (where possible), I'm interested in whether this gets another release.

Last edited:

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This! there have been an increase in games that get a "limited" print, then eventually get a wider release.

I'm suggesting that Bugsnax will follow like other titles before it, but as someone who prefers my collection to be only from my region (where possible), I'm interested in whether this gets another release.
I just don't want it to be sold out like those limited editions that eventually show up on Amazon and Ebay a year later for $100. Fucking Nex Machina physical is $100.

Deleted member 19293

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game's making me feel things I wasn't expecting to feel. Also, Young Horses put in some work. This game is way more polished than Octodad.

addik

Oct 28, 2017
2 hours in and I love it! I get that it's too simplistic critique, but I can see this game going so so well with kids and I actually was hoping they marketed it towards them more than core gamers. It's amazing piece of children's literature so far (and I don't mean that as an insult. I mean that it's a great piece of media that children would love).

Also this game gets really serious and dark at times and there are some really powerful moments.