• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
Go back to the location before and come back to see if it resets or turn the game off and on again. If not, just do a reset. It's still the beginning of the game and lone a 10 minute loss at most.

Thanks, I did try leaving and coming back but it didn't seem like I could, I'll reset the game though and if that doesn''t work I'll just start a new game

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
The fuck did I just play. Really enjoyed catching the bugsnax. Not sure about the ending/third arch, but it sure was a ride.

Pimz

Jul 3, 2018
The fuck did I just play. Really enjoyed catching the bugsnax. Not sure about the ending/third arch, but it sure was a ride.
Finished it a couple of days ago. Not sure about the ending as well, but I love this game. The characters are all amazing and the voice acting was great. Especially loved Snorpy and Chandlo.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so I started this game after I finished Cyberpunk, and I have to ask.... how is this game so good? I mean, it's not an AAA title or anything, but the characters are likeable, the dialogue is clever... It's a very charming little game.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Finished this today and really enjoyed it, such great mechanics, catching each bugsnak feels like a fun little puzzle. Loved the characters and the voice acting can't be praised enough!

Ever since the trailer I was expecting the game to have some dark turn at some point, and even though it has, it's much lighter than I expected. Also wasn't expecting such a heartwarming ending. Got the good ending in my first playthrough with all the characters surviving and getting a happy ending.

Only after finishing it I found out about the bad ending, which was actually closer to what I was expecting. I'm glad I didn't got that.

Now, I saw the bad ending on Youtube and I have some questions: can only some survive? How do you do that? And how did Gramble end up eating bugsnax?

SeaSilver

Banned
Dec 28, 2020
I'd never heard of this game until Strabby was mentioned in the cutest character thread– what an adorable and charming game! I loved the character designs, grumps and bugs alike. I will never forget Filbo, strabby, sandopede, and others... they will stay in my heart always, haha. The voice acting was great, the music was enjoyable, and the writing and small plot twists were clever. I laughed a good amount– catching on fire and running around (hands up) never got old.

Though it wasn't a total slam dunk. I do feel like the bug catching mechanics eventually wore out their welcome, and there were a few rough spots with gameplay and controls. Also some way to warp between areas would have been appreciated so I don't have to sit through like 3 loading screens just to go catch a single particular bug. But overall I had a really good time playing through Bugsnax.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
I just finished the game, and I needed to talk about Bugsnax. I enjoyed the game way more than I expected and the "twist" definitely took me a bit by surprise. I think I will come back and try to Plat the game.

As mentioned, the catching mechanics can become a little bit boring, but the bugsnax are charming (and funny enough) to still try it. One thing that must be commended, is the writing. It's phenomenal, and I loved every interaction with the other Grumps. I personally loved Chandlo and Wiggle, they were the ones that more often than the others made me laugh.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Ok so the plot of this gets surprisingly deep towards the end, especially the post-credit scene.

Really hope this gets a sequel.

Also Bunger is clearly the best Snak.

Ever since the trailer I was expecting the game to have some dark turn at some point, and even though it has, it's much lighter than I expected. Also wasn't expecting such a heartwarming ending. Got the good ending in my first playthrough with all the characters surviving and getting a happy ending.

Only after finishing it I found out about the bad ending, which was actually closer to what I was expecting. I'm glad I didn't got that.

Now, I saw the bad ending on Youtube and I have some questions: can only some survive? How do you do that? And how did Gramble end up eating bugsnax?
Wait, there's multiple endings? I had no idea. In my ending everyone got off the island. I'm guessing it might be linked to completing side quests?

As for Gramble, you can feed him Snax when he's sleepwalking at night

Oh, and a translation for the post-credit scene. I'm sure someone posted one already but never hurts to post it again.
you are what you eat
every living thing out of bugsnax

Last edited:

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Wait, there's multiple endings? I had no idea. In my ending everyone got off the island. I'm guessing it might be linked to completing side quests?

Yes, from what I understand, characters may die at the ending sequence (the village defense), if you don't complete their sidequests. I just did all of them because I was enjoying it

Oct 27, 2017
It's been over a week since I got the Platinum for this, but I'd definitely like to put on record that this was a really enjoyable game. One of the very few evergreen games for me that I don't "need to be in the mood to play".

Names and personalities of the NPCs were excellent.

sionydus

Jan 2, 2021
West Coast, USA
These two (Kweeble and Bunger) will live in my heart long after I've forgotten about the rest of the game for the adorable voiceover work put into them

bugsnax-gramble-and-kweeble-cropped.jpg
bugsnax-bunger.jpg

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
Well, the BigSnax expansion was released yesterday and it is fun! I'm surprised to see no one discussing about it here.
I went through the new island in one sitting and while it is more of the same, it was definitely lovely to play.
I really enjoyed that they added some lore to the game with the ancient civilization but it may bring more questions than answers. I also found the last boss fun with different mechanics to go through, I thought it was really well made. Finally, I have gotten a Triangle key but I still have to find what it unlocks.

Aug 31, 2019
Well, the BigSnax expansion was released yesterday and it is fun! I'm surprised to see no one discussing about it here.
I went through the new island in one sitting and while it is more of the same, it was definitely lovely to play.
Is it free? Don't see any mention of DLC on EGS. Also apparently there are achievements for this game on EGS now? I should boot it up again to trigger them

SeaSilver

Banned
Dec 28, 2020
Oh no way! I had no idea... awesome, I'll have to fire it up this weekend. Can't wait :) thanks for the heads up

Wouwie

Oct 27, 2017
Had the opportunity to try this with PS+ and i'm not really feeling it. I find it a bit boring gameplay wise? Maybe it's because it's just the beginning so i'll give it another try tonight.

SeaSilver

Banned
Dec 28, 2020
Had the opportunity to try this with PS+ and i'm not really feeling it. I find it a bit boring gameplay wise? Maybe it's because it's just the beginning so i'll give it another try tonight.
You're not wrong, the gameplay is really simple and the mechanics are loose. You never really have to master any of them to full precision. If you aren't enjoying the game's presentation, humor, and being quirky and cute, then I wouldn't worry much about giving it up. Not much changes as it progresses.