• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Must be hard as fuck to defend these events. I has to be something like ''He had to clear the way and didn't respect the officer's orders.'' or some shit like that.

Because of course officers can't adjust their response and strength when they're face to face with a fucking senior.

This whole deal shows that not only cops are racists, they're also fucking power hungry bullies, no matter who you are or the color of your skin, disgusting pigs.
Sadly, it's far too easy for Trump's cult to defend this. I was reading a story just yesterday of Evangelicals literally crying with joy when Trump marched out to the church. "He's doing a Jericho walk! He's God's warrior!" they were saying.

When it was brought to their attention that he gassed and assaulted peaceful protesters, including members of the church, to do his photo op, their response was "they weren't peaceful. The White House reported they were violent" and "the Bishop has been tainted by Satan's lies."

... There's no hope for them, nor should people waste energy on them.

We are winning this fight and overall public opinion is swaying heavily on the right side. Keep up the pressure, no matter what small but vocal opposition say.

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
Just horrific video.. it almost looks like CGI how fast that blood came.. I hope he makes a full recovery. And these cops wonder why people are pissed... and like clockwork they lied about it in the report.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Horriffic. Intersting to see the national gaurd in the background go down to help him but of course the police don't give a shit.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
If I pushed someone down like that leaving them in serious condition in a hospital I'd be fired doing pretty much any other job. I understand pigs are scared shitless because they are cowards but how did this old man illicit a fight or flight response in that video? Even for a coward pig seems extreme.

ExtinguirX

Nov 22, 2018
That video is horrible and sad to watch.
Police forces in USA should go under a full reset to discard rotten apples and train properly their agents

Failburger

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Man, a guy I know is trying so hard to spin this.

'The cop was trying to pull him, not push him!'

'you can see how shaken he is!'

'he was pushing the other cop away because that other cop was going to hit him'

SMH, ducking people who worships uniforms.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
I actually started tearing up and thought of my own grandfather while watching that, so fucking fucked up.

The officer should be fired, not put on unpaid leave.

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
I fully support corporal punishment specifically and exclusively for cops.
Yes. Paddle them on national TV like the children they are.

That's awful to watch.

Why do some of these cops look like they're going to raid a terrorist stronghold tonight? Is it normal in USA to have this kind of equipment?

3Paan3J.jpg
Yes. It's 1 part role playing, 1 part intimidation, 4 parts tax fund mismanagement. There is a paramilitary industrial complex for gear and huckster consultants who convince these guys that they're in a war and that all this gear, tactical training, and automatic weapons are necessary for their safety and that any show of weakness will put them in a pine box. They get a secondary stream of used or surplus military equipment like MRAPs. They are told that all this shit will make their enemies surrender just looking at them. They listen to Disturbed's Indestructible and imagine that they are the dude running around from place to place, but they lack the mental acuity (by design) to actually examine the fact that they can't be that dude because they're the victims of a fear factory. Meanwhile, there's some shitass at an arms company who is making millions off of selling shit to the governments AND the individuals (with "LEO discounts"), with lobbyist support from the NRA to make sure that the doors are always open.

Ashdroid

Oct 27, 2017
The man has been identified as Martin Gugino, a longtime peace activist. He has a YouTube channel, but it's mostly him giving sentencing statements in support of members of an anti-nuclear activist group. In one video he mentions how some people are afraid to call the police because the police might show up and start beating them.

buffalonews.com

Protester pushed to ground by police is longtime peace activist from Amherst

Martin Gugino, 75, was in serious but stable condition at Erie County Medical Center as of Thursday night, according to

The protester who was pushed to the ground by Buffalo police Thursday night in front of City Hall in a video seen by more than 11.5 million is a longtime peace activist from Amherst.

Martin Gugino, 75, was in serious but stable condition at Erie County Medical Center as of Thursday night, according to police.

"He's a gentle person who really believes that he must stand up for what he thinks is right," said his friend Terrence Bisson, who has worked with Gugino on Latin American issues through the Western New York Peace Center.

"That's why he went to the demonstration. He would never resist physically any kind of orders," Bisson said. "He's a bit frail, not because of his age. He has some health problems."

Gugino grew up in Buffalo, moved to Cleveland where he worked in computer technology, before returning to Western New York where he has been involved in a broad array of issues ranging from nuclear disarmament to climate change and Guantanamo. He has a YouTube channel with 35 subscribers in which he discusses such issues.

Last year he wrote a letter to the editor criticizing Buffalo Mayor Byron Brown's reaction to a protest against the detainment of migrant children at the U.S./Mexico border during which protesters blocked the intersection of Delaware Avenue and Chippewa Street:

"Mayor Byron W. Brown said of the demonstration at the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) office July 11 – It was peaceful, but illegal, and it needed to be brought to an end. I think the mayor is mistaken. Traffic laws are not the highest laws in the land. Any action needs to be seen in context, and if the context warrants, an 'as applied' challenge can be raised against a traffic law; namely, is the law rightly applied in this context.

"For example, an ambulance that goes through a red light is not breaking the law, because that law does not apply in that case.

"The First Amendment allows people to complain to the government, without fear of arrest... The mayor more properly should have come down and joined the protest. I say to the mayor – raise your game."

Templeusox

Oct 25, 2017
All of these videos that are pouring in reflect police forces that are so coddled by their local governments, the thought of repercussions don't even creep into their heads. They don't know how to de-escalate and their intuitive response is always violence. Just imagine the images that haven't been caught on video through the years.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, the pushing over is bad enough but the fact that so many of them just walk past somehow shocked me even more.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I must avoid violence against the elderly or something because I think its the first time I've watched a video seeing an elderly person abused. Do people usually bleed out their ears during a concussion?

Septimus

Oct 27, 2017
Consider the following: A person at a normal, say, office job can arrive late a few times from having trouble sleeping and get fired. Or, honestly messing up some paperwork or something and be let go. And then you have police officer straight up trying to kill a civilian and their answer is... a temporary suspension. Like, I can't. I can't.

THE210

Nov 30, 2017
Ah, the "He's coming right for us" defence.

The bootlicking is astonishing.

The officers involved should be similarly fired and charged with aggravated assault.

My gut says a lot of what you call boot licking isn't that at all. the police defenders are secretly disappointed in what happened but they view it as collateral damage. They want law enforcement to be able operate with impunity because the brutality will almost exclusively be aimed at non-whites.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck the police

www.nytimes.com

Buffalo Police Officers Suspended After Shoving 75-Year-Old Protester (Published 2020)

A video showed the protester motionless on the ground and bleeding. Fifty-seven officers resigned from the department’s Emergency Response Team in solidarity with the two who were suspended.

www.facebook.com

The New York Times

Two police officers in Buffalo, New York, were suspended after shoving a 75-year-old protester in this incident that was caught on video. An official said the man was hospitalized with a head injury....

For those who don't want to watch, a bunch of cops in riot gear approach an old man and one pushes him to the ground, the man immediately stops moving and bleeds from his ear. A cop reflexively motions to help but his buddies stop him, and they keep marching, after one phones in his earpiece to call a medic. I was stunned. This man might be dead? RIP if so.

two cops were suspended as a result

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

Buffalo PD (new york) Officer Shoves an Old Man to the Ground, he starts bleeding) (Update: Two officers involved suspended)

This video is gruesome and will make you seeth with anger. The officer has been identified and calls are being made for his arrest. The Department has also made a statement denying that the officer in question shoved him, rather the man "tripped and fell". And they wonder why nobody likes...

ah sorry, lock my thread then

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
yeah don't read comment sections "he was clearly reaching for the officer's gun" etc..,

It is getting even crazier, I keep seeing pretty highly upvoted twitter posts trying to say it's fake because he has a blood packet on the back of his head and he tripped on purpose to activate it. I couldn't tell if people were joking when they said "It came out of the ear due to a blood capsule he put in there that activated as well!" it just seems insane people can think like this.

I don't get how the hell people are so brainwashed into thinking every single thing that happens is fake if it isn't in their favor.

I really hope the guy is doing okay.

Exile20

Oct 25, 2017
They just walked passed him. I mean no empathy at all. They see citizens as the enemy.

How can you just walk past the guy like that?

Byakuya769

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
It's shocking (but not surprising) that they continued goose stepping past this man as his head bled on the ground.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
I just saw this recently but holy shit this is over 300+ police brutality incidents in the past few days. The thread is fucking huge but my god how the fuck does this just keep happening.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
So, does police just do what they wan and are out of control, or are they encouraged by chiefs and civil bosses

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, the pushing over is bad enough but the fact that so many of them just walk past somehow shocked me even more.

The worst part is how they lied about it.

Like, we need to be able to trust the police to tell the truth. Minimum.

I know that has never been true, but it is doubly important now.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
This is why I never feel sorry when literally ANYTHING bad happens to police.

That club brandishing, the walking right by.... cops are fundamentally sick.

ChrisP8Three

Oct 26, 2017
Leeds
rotten to the core! i mean seriously some 75 year old man comes over to return Police kit and their response was get back you filthy peasant get in the dirt

Honestly the american police establishment is so broken, and this is something i never thought as a unionist in the UK i'd be saying, but the Police union needs to be outlawed, they hold too much power, protecting these monsters and forcing out anyone who even dares bismerch a fellow officers honor
Honestly America your entire systems are broken, DA's shouldn't be elected, it allows smear campaigns against anyone with the spine to prosecute cops, it alows unions to bully politicians to let them do what they want, it feels now like Land of the Free was a cruel joke being played on you all

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Where's the punishment for the person who drafted that original "he tripped" press release?