• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
You only ever see her in her armor, but Sloane from Destiny 2 always seems muscular to me. Plus her armor has those WH40K esque seals on her pauldron. Basically I just think Sloane is cool. Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

Sloane.png

Eugene's Axe

Jan 17, 2019
If Abby is not in a hypothetical 3rd game I won't play it.

Or I will play it but when it's discounted.

Well...I will play it on release day but I will be mad.

The Awesomest

Mar 3, 2018
There should be plenty of Fire Emblem examples here besides Rinkah. Off the top of my head:

- Titania
- Echidna
- Probably Thunder Catherine
- Effie
- Nailah
- Vaida
- Jill
- Maris
- Flavia
- Hinoka
- Charlotte
- Mathilda?

Problem is a lot of them are in armor so who knows. There's probably more.

Last edited:

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I don't think Abby being buff is the problem. I think that's what these people latch onto to complain about, but I think it's a combination of things. She doesn't have giant boobs like most of these other buff woman characters being posted here. The focus of her strength is in her shoulders and arms which isn't sexy like abs. She's not curvy like your typical heroic build. She isn't given a pretty face. She looks liked a nomal woman who is buff instead of an idealized buff woman with the giant boobs and curves to feed the sex fetish.
Yuuuuup

blitzblake

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
Can I get a call out for women with hairy armpits too, don't think I've seen a single one since Olga from metal gear sold 2. I thought for sure last of us part 2 would have because, you know, who's got time to shave ya pits in that situation.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think Abby being buff is the problem. I think that's what these people latch onto to complain about, but I think it's a combination of things. She doesn't have giant boobs like most of these other buff woman characters being posted here. The focus of her strength is in her shoulders and arms which isn't sexy like abs. She's not curvy like your typical heroic build. She isn't given a pretty face. She looks liked a nomal woman who is buff instead of an idealized buff woman with the giant boobs and curves to feed the sex fetish.
Yep ! If anything, I like her design more than all the the other posted here :

The-Last-Of-Us-Part-2-Abby-body-model-1024x576.jpg

zMiiChy-

Dec 12, 2017
I just want to give another shout out out to Sakura Oogami from DanganRonpa 1.

She's the only female muscular character that I like and I feel most Dangan Ronpa fans would agree that she is hands down one of the best characters in the series.

I'm not really a fan of muscles on people of any gender - I actually have a huge problem with males being to muscular in most character creators I use.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
A lot of these posts seem to fall into slender and toned rather truly buff.

Abby feels different from a lot of the actual buff women in games.(you have some like Kassandra who I'm not talking about) Generalizing here but for the most part you got two categories.

Sexy muscular: they're essentially a curvy goddess, big boobs, and a great face, they feel more fetishistic.

HULK muscular: the whole gimmick is them being monstrously inhumanly big, like Sakura from Danganronpa, they're so big it becomes more of a joke.

Are some are a mix of the two.

Abby falls into neither, she's not some super goddess model to gawk at, she's broad shouldered and rather plain faced but she's also not some joke Ronnie Coleman monster character. I see Meryl from MGS4 as one of the few who's like Abby in that they're very broad shouldered and more top heavy without being crazy over the top.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly I see girls that look like Abby all the time at work (near a gym), it seems pretty realistic for girls who w decent amount.

Obviously I think the only reason it's weirding people out is as others have said she's not dressed like they expect woman to be. Dark clothing, not forced to put on a smile, etc.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean I don't go to the gym but I work in the same plaza as one.

Maybe I'm exaggerating but I see pretty buff girls all the time.

zMiiChy-

Dec 12, 2017
HULK muscular: the whole gimmick is them being monstrously inhumanly big, like Sakura from Danganronpa, they're so big it becomes more of a joke.
I feel a bit bothered by this slight towards Sakura.

While Danganronpa is hardly a bastion of realism, the fact that Sakura is supposed to be "The Ultimate Martial Artist" lends some credence towards her size.

More importantly the game never treats her like a joke - her personality is actually one of the most human and realistic in the series, while managing to be a very strong willed person with a subtle feminine streak.

Ultimately I always portrayal is a bigger factor then design for characters, which makes Sakura quite beloved regardless of how you view her design.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
You only ever see her in her armor, but Sloane from Destiny 2 always seems muscular to me. Plus her armor has those WH40K esque seals on her pauldron. Basically I just think Sloane is cool. Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

Sloane.png
She's a titan, that automatically adds +5 buff-ness to her. It's the only way you can carry those shoulder pads.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Literally everyone I would've said has been said (Dragon's Crown's Amazon, BotW's Urbosa, Danganronpa's Sakura etc.), so here's Kum from Guilty Gear Xrd.
latest

Alric

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't see any For Honor so here is a quick look at some of the female representation.

Valkyrie

latest

Berserker

f03dba912969e1d435ce6841400ef4b6.jpg

Warden

maxresdefault.jpg

Raider

maxresdefault.jpg

Hitokiri

latest

Black Prior

fh_s9_hero_action_f_blackprior2a_b2.jpg

Apollyon - Main villain from the story and absolute badass.

703d2a55ce7aecd33d66f829cc669dbd.jpg

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't even played the game but she is now my favorite purely for the Asura's Wrath shoutout.
It's not really Asura's Wrath shout-out. It's basically a shout-out to Indian Gods and Goddess (which is where Asura's Wrath drawings inspiration from as well, and Asura means demon in Sanskrit/Hindi) and that makes sense because Amara's basically Borderland's universe's version of I

Color_Revolt

Oct 28, 2017
latest

latest

The Boss is literally the same size as Big Boss and put a whuppin' on his ass during the Virtuous Mission and Operation Snake Eater.

Meryl was a straight up G in MGS4. Such an opposite to Johnny's goofy ass.

latest

Sona - War-chief from Horizon Zero Dawn. Varl & Vala's mom.

Came here to post about The Boss. Her concept art is 🔥.

262e828f3d687be79fee2bd797d71162.jpg

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
I feel a bit bothered by this slight towards Sakura.

While Danganronpa is hardly a bastion of realism, the fact that Sakura is supposed to be "The Ultimate Martial Artist" lends some credence towards her size.

More importantly the game never treats her like a joke - her personality is actually one of the most human and realistic in the series, while managing to be a very strong willed person with a subtle feminine streak.

Ultimately I always portrayal is a bigger factor then design for characters, which makes Sakura quite beloved regardless of how you view her design.
I'm not talking about her character I'm talking about her design, the whole joke is that she looks like some intimidating inhuman monster person but is actually very sweet and thoughtful. It's not meant to be a slight towards the writing of the character, it's acknowledging her design is completely over the top to the point you can't take it seriously. It's not inherently bad, it's inline with the general over the top ridiculousness of the games.

frankenstrat

Oct 27, 2017
It's not really Asura's Wrath shout-out. It's basically a shout-out to Indian Gods and Goddess (which is where Asura's Wrath drawings inspiration from as well, and Asura means demon in Sanskrit/Hindi) and that makes sense because Amara's basically Borderland's universe's version of I
Gotcha. Rad as all hell either way.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Rynn from the Drakan series
rynn-drakan.jpg

She's from the same 'sharp edges' era as Original Lara Croft (more specifically 3), but she's pretty buff for a farmer turned dragon riding badass