• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
That's weird ....... He blew a 0.02... and got a DUI...?

And I know there's weasley words in the language of the law, "officers determine you're incapable of operating a vehicle or test over a 0.08," but the first is very wishy washy.

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
Not a good week for the Boss. He might need to be demoted for this.

Edit: wait, a .02? That's not so crazy. I'll continue to drag him for the ad.

Chili

Oct 25, 2017
Disappointing stuff, Bruce. He has always had his demons but thankfully in the past never manifested themselves in drugs or drinking.

nypost.com

Bruce Springsteen busted for DWI after one shot of tequila

Bruce Springsteen was allegedly busted in Sandy Hook, New Jersey, when he pulled over to take pictures with fans — and then took a shot of tequila offered by one of them in full view of the c…

This doesn't make it sound too bad but I suspect this is from his camp so the truth might be somewhere in between.

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
The emerging story seems to be he had a .02 BAC... which is the equivalent of something like <1 beer.

CNN got quotes from the probable cause statement and some confirmation from the park itself. Apparently he was at a camp ground, stopped to take a photo with some fans who offered him a shot, he took it, then drove off and got immediately pulled over. Seems like a real molehill into a mountain situation, but obviously not a heroic look to take a drink and then go to drive your motorcycle.

Springsteen according to the officer, took 45 total steps during the "walk and turn" test "instead of the instructed 18."

This made me laugh.

I'd be surprised if he or his publicist said anything before his court date, but I hope he chimes in publicly at some point. He's always had a lot of humility and would likely cop to fucking up if he did something crappy like drive drunk.

BigGreenMat

Nov 2, 2017
Add this to the mountain of "Cops being extremely shitty humans" stories. Also add this to the mountain of "people rushing out with pitchforks before learning anything about what happened" stories. Luckily Bruce has the money to deal with this situation. Hopefully he continues to show class and grace.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've never had a drink in my life and I probably could have hit 0.02 at some point.

Add this to the mountain of "Cops being extremely shitty humans" stories. Also add this to the mountain of "people rushing out with pitchforks before learning anything about what happened" stories. Luckily Bruce has the money to deal with this situation. Hopefully he continues to show class and grace.

Unforunately the knee jerk reactions will continue as usual.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
if it was 1/4 the legal limit how is this an issue at all?

Cops can arrest you and charge you with it even if you're below the limit in most areas.

if youre below the limit the court will prob throw it out or just make you take a class in those instances. the stuff they make you do to prove sobriety (apart from the breathalyzer), is done deliberately to make you fail so they can ticket you. They'll do stuff like put down 30 ft of tape and tell you to take ten steps and turn around and do another 10 which means you're walking on a 1/3rd of the tape and are expected to turn around, etc.

Deleted member 4274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Disappointing stuff, Bruce. He has always had his demons but thankfully in the past never manifested themselves in drugs or drinking.

nypost.com

Bruce Springsteen was allegedly busted in Sandy Hook, New Jersey, when he pulled over to take pictures with fans — and then took a shot of tequila offered by one of them in full view of the c…

This doesn't make it sound too bad but I suspect this is from his camp so the truth might be somewhere in between.

"Too bad". Ugh. This is literally NOTHING. He'll be aight.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
it's one of those "pssssssst. Bruce.... you're really REALLY rich. Hire a driver".

... for his motorcycle?

nypost.com

Yes, if 2020 has taught us anything, it's that we should definitely give the benefit of the doubt to cops in cases that are clearly politically motivated.

To be fair to Bruce I'm sure he was drifting more on the right than the left.

Huh?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Springsteen#Politics

Last edited:

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
I swear most of these punk ass cops out there have nothing better to do than harrass and extract money from people, not that bruce has to worry about the monetary aspect of it. many do though.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Read earlier on twitter that this outing seemed to originate from the police themselves and the only conclusion that could be drawn is that they were pissed about his recent unity ad. No longer have the source though. Either way a total non story.

Still a fucking stupid ad.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
0.2? The fuck? I don't drink alcohol and rarely even have it in food. I'm pretty sure I'd blow more than a 0.2 after eating my wife's rum cake.......this is really what cops like to spend time doing? I mean I guess at least these cops were doing this instead of their other favourite past time of murdering people of colour.

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
0.2? The fuck? I don't drink alcohol and rarely even have it in food. I'm pretty sure I'd blow more than a 0.2 after eating my wife's rum cake.......this is really what cops like to spend time doing? I mean I guess at least these cops were doing this instead of their other favourite past time of murdering people of colour.

Your wife's rum cake must be fucking bonkers if it makes you blow more than 0.2 😳😳😳

You're off a decimal lol

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
they try to frame The Boss?
Can't frame shit when your best evidence is a .02 breath test. Fucking cop asshole.

EDIT: looking forward to the story about his lawyer getting the charges thrown out. No baby prosecutor wants to go to trial on a .02 DWI. It's a waste of time for everyone (and yes, this case will almost assuredly get assigned to a baby prosecutor)

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

Shit, I need some of that rum cake.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
So what's the point for there even being a "legal limit" if you can get charged for being 4 times less than said limit?

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
Your wife's rum cake must be fucking bonkers if it makes you blow more than 0.2 😳😳😳

You're off a decimal lol

Hahaha I was exaggerating there but legit the only time I've ever been drunk in my life was a time I ate her rum cake. She doesn't fuck around and it legit is the best cake I've ever had. Everytime she meets my family or friends I make them try her rum cake and they love it......they all drink so I guess they handle it better haha.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
.02? That's hair of the dog numbers! Rookie Numbers! Got to bump those up!

But it's Bruce Springsteen like who cares.. a literal nothing to someone with that kind of money.

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019
Hahaha I was exaggerating there but legit the only time I've ever been drunk in my life was a time I ate her rum cake. She doesn't fuck around and it legit is the best cake I've ever had. Everytime she meets my family or friends I make them try her rum cake and they love it......they all drink so I guess they handle it better haha.
Now you have to get us a recipe.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
you're missing the point. dont use the bike. use a car with a driver if you want to drink

Oooh, so you wanted him to know in advance that some fans would randomly have like half a beer with him, and retroactively have someone drive him in a car instead of his bike. Your beef with him is not his alleged irresponsibility, but his lack of psychic powers.

That's certainly an even more solid argument than "just don't have a beer with your fans because you never know when you may be stopped by the police immediately after and arrested for having one fourth of the alcohol limit in your blood".

/thread

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
Also add this to the mountain of "people rushing out with pitchforks before learning anything about what happened" stories.

Yup (=

I certainly tried to tell 'em. Then some folks got aggressively personal and insulting. Not sure why.

Oh, speaking of which: where's ElectricBlanketFire?

NB1Jl6F.png

I've got some major crow for you to eat for decrying me as a crackpot yesterday when I said this was possibly bogus (=

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Yup (=

I certainly tried to tell 'em. Then some folks got aggressively personal and insulting. Not sure why.

Oh, speaking of which: where's ElectricBlanketFire?

NB1Jl6F.png

I've got some major crow for you to eat for decrying me as a crackpot yesterday when I said this was possibly bogus (=

I'm watching Chernobyl with my wife and completely forgot all about this and you. Congratulations.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
Now you have to get us a recipe.

I wish I could, my wife refuses to share it even with me. She claims she won't ever share it with anyone because she wouldn't want anyone but her to be able to make it for me hahaha. It's an old as fuck family recipe and I swear they go hardcore on the rum. One time they used a cheaper rum with less alcohol % without noticing and they all hated it because it wasn't enough haha. I'm not an expert on cakes but the fact she uses strong as fuck rum in the cake and then just makes a glaze out of basically a fuck load of pure rum, butter and sugar and pours it on like it's the main part rather than the cake gets it to an extreme level haha.

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019
I wish I could, my wife refuses to share it even with me. She claims she won't ever share it with anyone because she wouldn't want anyone but her to be able to make it for me hahaha. It's an old as fuck family recipe and I swear they go hardcore on the rum. One time they used a cheaper rum with less alcohol % without noticing and they all hated it because it wasn't enough haha. I'm not an expert on cakes but the fact she uses strong as fuck rum in the cake and then just makes a glaze out of basically a fuck load of pure rum, butter and sugar and pours it on like it's the main part rather than the cake gets it to an extreme level haha.
300px-All_Right_Then%2C_Keep_Your_Secrets.jpg