• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Add this to the mountain of "Cops being extremely shitty humans" stories. Also add this to the mountain of "people rushing out with pitchforks before learning anything about what happened" stories. Luckily Bruce has the money to deal with this situation. Hopefully he continues to show class and grace.
Holy shit. The first page of this thread...

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
300px-All_Right_Then%2C_Keep_Your_Secrets.jpg

Hahaha trust me I wish I could have the recipe, I would make that shit all the time myself. But I don't plan on ever not being with my wife so I'm not gonna complain if she wants to make it for me.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Weird, because you wrote a number of posts dumping on me and even argued with other posters about me (less than a day ago too) but hey: Apology accepted!

May you be less rude to a stranger next time.
That dude is rude and dismissive of anyone who finds themselves on the other side of his opinions. It was merely another Tuesday for him.

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019
I really don't have a dog in this fight except that 'AHA, THE BOSS only blew a .02, its exactly as I guessed because THE BOSS would never do this!' is an extremely funny internet W.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Whenever you get owned online just smugly post about not caring being above it all why do you care so much

Anyway I live by a rule to never say bad about Springsteen even if that jeep thing almost made me regret tha TV rule

Charges Dismissed

Chili

Oct 25, 2017
eu.app.com

Bruce Springsteen DWI hearing: Drunken and reckless driving charges thrown out

Bruce Springsteen is scheduled to appear in federal court today via video conference over his DWI charge at Sandy Hook.

DWI and reckless driving charges dismissed, agrees to pay fine for drinking two shots in the park.

Baker says there is enough evidence to prove he drank alcohol in a closed area. Springsteen agrees to plead guilty to the charge.

Two charges DWI and reckless driving dismissed.

So Springsteen will plead guilty to drinking in a closed part of the park and the DWI and reckless driving charges are dismissed.

Baker: The government does not believe it can sustain it's burden of proof (in proving the DWI charge.)

SPEA

Oct 29, 2017
eu.app.com

Bruce Springsteen DWI hearing: Drunken and reckless driving charges thrown out

Bruce Springsteen is scheduled to appear in federal court today via video conference over his DWI charge at Sandy Hook.

DWI and reckless driving charges dismissed, agrees to pay fine for drinking two shots in the park.

Obvious outcome. Such a BS charge to begin with. Dude blew a .02. Not sure why they didn't initially just fine him for public drinking and be done with it.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This whole thing is bullshit. Why even fucking make up charges??

Have him pay the fine for shit he actually did wrong and move along.

When you get pulled over in a situation like this, they will throw everything at you they can. That way they have charges to drop as bargaining chips when the person goes to make a plea deal.

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
There's this mindset that we all gotta outdo each other in our initial reactions without considering anything else in these stories because for some reason, giving people (within reason) the benefit of the doubt is a terrible thing to some.

This. A thousand times this.

This whole thing is bullshit. Why even fucking make up charges??

Have him pay the fine for shit he actually did wrong and move along.

We're pretty much in the dark on this one, but my assumption all along (since page 1 of this thread) was that there was a political grudge.

This happened in November right after Trump lost the election. Bruce is not only an outspoken Trump critic, he literally did Biden ads. November-January was basically the boiling-over point for a lot of right-wing folks in the USA. Bruce has put out strong words in his music criticizing racist police actions, too.

This is admittedly complete speculation, but ffs... he had a 0.02 BAC.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017

odiin

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know if the pitchfork store has a 30-day return policy?

Asking for a friend.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Era don't care about facts, lock this dude up for life and burn all his records
That first page is now a "yikes" graveyard to me, haha.

Hot takes > reading the room.

Tripwire-Stone, might be worth updating the OP/title to reflect the dismissal.
unfucking believable.

This is one of those stories that you remember the outrage and the initial story, but almost nobody remembers or knows about the correction. The initial story is page 1, the correction is page 6.
This is why the internet / social media is terrible. Everyone is constantly showing their vindictive side, but no one wants to collect on being wrong / jumping the gun. And its net is making society a lot worse and each of us less trusting of one another.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
the idea that something like this can be left up to a cop's discretion in some states is fucking ridiculous.

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela
There's this mindset that we all gotta outdo each other in our initial reactions without considering anything else in these stories because for some reason, giving people (within reason) the benefit of the doubt is a terrible thing to some.

It's more that this board contains a lot of self righteous people. Cancel culture doesn't exist, but overreacting to shit without thinking it through absolutely does, and it's prevalent here.