• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
Make some noise for your new friends ERA.

USA TODAY

They usually appear starting in May, so you still have a few months to bake them welcoming cookies.

Are you excited east coast era? At least if you're holed up at home for any sort of reason you have the calming, melodic sounds of nature's best underground musicians to relax to.

Cicadump me and this buggy thread into the ground if old.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to just be living my life then hear one of these assholes start revving up.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Best stay indoors fam

latest

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man I remember the last time this happened. The entire porch of our house was covered in these fuckers. Uggh

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
These shits and the dragonflies that come through Vegas every so often are annoying as shit.

Everyone on the eastern US needs to keep their car windows up while they pass through, and don't lollygag getting in and out of the car or you'll find these bastards cooked and dead in your backseat.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Collect these cicadas to sell for people looking for the X generation of them years later

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
The last time was my last summer at college. The sidewalks were completely covered and on campus itself the limestone buildings just amplified the sound. Was cool at first but got old very quickly.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Cicada news always reminds me of how so many people incorrectly refer to them as "locusts".

That EEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEERRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeee....... noise from the trees in the summer are CICADAS people.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
does anyone know how good they taste? I've always been curious. Theres so fucking many of them.

Argos7

Nov 20, 2020
I don't get the whole every 17 years thing. Is that just this type of cicada? Because every summer there are cicadas screeching at dusk.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I miss the sound from when I was younger. Haven't heard it in a long time.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if this shit only spawns every 17 years what the hell am i hearing every other summer? goddamn blood moons

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
Im 30 years old and live on the east coast and honestly can't remember any year being particularly worse. Will be excited if their are more this year though. I love hearing them and my wife wouldn't mind finding one to preserve.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get the whole every 17 years thing. Is that just this type of cicada? Because every summer there are cicadas screeching at dusk.
Different broods have different cycles, usually 13 or 17 years, so it's a different group of cicadas coming up each year. This brood happens to be the largest of the bunch and covers the most states in the eastern US.

I remember the hype around this brood specifically from last time because I was going to Japan for the summer that year and wasn't actually around to see it happen.