• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
If your Brussels sprouts taste bad, you're cooking them wrong. Top 5 veggies right there.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Brussels Sprouts are basically tiny cabbages. A lot of the vegetables we eat have been bred by humans over centuries.

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
I'm more amazed that Kohlrabi is what you seem to call it in english, too.... I always thought that's a pretty damn german word. "Kohl" literally meaning "cabbage" and all..

latex

Jul 5, 2018
Sauté some brussel sprouts with garlic, pepper and olive oil and you have a GOAT snack.

And riced broccoli or cauliflower? Bitchhhhhh

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
Forget the salads or roasting, you know where kale really shines, in soup. A hearty kale and sausage soup on a cold night is just the best.

I have a go-to soup for those kinds of days consisting mainly of bacon, spinach/escarole, white beans, and a few other bits. I'm going to try Kale in it next time, thanks for the tip.

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
don't forget cool variants like romanesco!
fractal broccolis

5687.jpg

nopattern

Nov 25, 2017
If cooked properly I don get how people dont like brussel sprouts. Stop boiling them and start roasting them and smothering them with things.

nemoral

Oct 25, 2017
Fiddler's Green
It's true, and when you're gardening, the same bugs eat the shit out of all the brassicas. If you extend it to the whole genus of brassica, you get turnips, bok choy, rutabags, rapeseed, canola, and all the mustards.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Which is why Kale has Broccoli's Legendary Super Saiyan form and Caulifla is her best friend.

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
broccolini not AS cool, but they exist too.. (cross between broccoli and chinese kale (gai lan))

they just look like skinny broccoli haha
IMG_1842.JPG

Oct 27, 2017
I've known this forever.

It's neat, but much of our domesticated cultivars derive from the same wild plant species.

SGJin

Feb 23, 2018
Cabbage is amazing too;
Slice it thin, saute it with onions, black pepper, garlic powder and maybe some chicken powder. Then crack a few eggs in it and loosely mix until cooked. Toss it over some rice and hot sauce you have a meal.

People need to just stop slathering it in mayo and serving it up as slaw.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Sprouts are delicious. Throw some olive oil, salt pepper, a little paprika, and put them in the oven until crispy. Amazing.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
If cooked properly I don get how people dont like brussel sprouts. Stop boiling them and start roasting them and smothering them with things.
Agreed, I love sprouts. And I have so many amazing cauliflower recipes. Most involve roasting but one is sautéed with a bit of rice flour and some fragrant spices and I would eat a whole cauliflower myself. Delicious.

GS_Dan

Oct 30, 2017
GTFO

I can maybe forgive brussels sprouts since I don't care for them either, but the rest are great.
You don't sound like you're in healthy shape lol
I know we all want the right to shitpost as part of our freedom of speech and internet usage, but this is pretty dangerous propaganda.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Welcome to human selection of plants.

You can almost say they are... Genetically modified organisms.

Ooooh. Scary.