• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Dave added lyrics to his song "Black" at the Brit Awards to call Boris Johnson a "real racist".

The crowd cheered on as the Streatham-born rapper made the change during a stirring rendition of the song, which is taken from his album Psychodrama.

Dave also criticised the British media's treatment of Meghan Markle in comparison to how it treated Kate Middleton.

He rapped: "And if somebody hasn't said it / Equality is a right, it doesn't deserve credit / If you don't wanna get it, then you're never gonna get it / How the news treats Kate versus how they're treating Megan."

"It is racist, whether or not it feels racist / The truth is our Prime Minister is a real racist."

www.independent.co.uk

Dave calls Boris Johnson 'a real racist' in powerful Brits performance

Rapper also criticised the British media's treatment of Meghan Markle

Incredible performance and incredible song. He also won Album of the Year.

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
That was a really powerful performance with a strong message, Dave laying out the truth.

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Damn, first time I heard of this artist but that is a very powerful song and that performance gave me goosebumps. Gonna check the rest of his stuff.

Deleted member 16516

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking the truth in a great performance. No doubt the right wing/Tory press will be giving him flak for this.

K444wsr

Oct 27, 2017
His album is incredible. Happy to see him getting the recognition he deserves. A real talent

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A Dave I can get behind. Boris and Cummings need need more of this, good to see our youth leading the charge.

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stormzy at the 2018 Brits "Yo, Theresa May, Where's the money for Grenfell" Dave tonight "My Grenfell victims still need accomadation". Shameful that this is still an issue two years later, and doubly shameful that it only gets talked about when a rapper brings it up at an awards show.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
Well I'm bumping this because I listened through the album a few times last night. This guy is special.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Great performance. Can someone explain how the visuals are done? It almost looks like an AR camera but maybe I'm overthinking it.

Deleted member 44129

Banned
May 29, 2018
I saw this. Didn't know who Dave was and I should have done.. The performance was awesome and I loooooved the effect on top of the piano.

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking truth to power, what it's all about. Johnson is horrible cunt and all the bad tory gammon fume is wonderful.

Seeing this performance made me put this track back on repeat today. His best verse..

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
It's fucking incredible and kind of sad that grime artists are holding our government more to account for their racism than most opposition politicians.

Darkgable

Nov 3, 2017
Brit awards still trying to stay relevant I see.

Still haven't gotten over that Craig David debacle...