• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
Man... ResetEra, again, proves that a huge portion of it's posters are just monsters. I'm unsure as to what exactly happened to a portion of people to make them lose ANY semblance of humanity but I hope you people get some help eventually.

I know right? Those Boris Johnson fans are heinous.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
I hate when threads just turn into meta back-and-forth. Becomes so unreadable.

Milky Way

Oct 29, 2017
There's a difference between not giving a fuck if someone dies and actively wishing death, but you all go off

Benjamin1981

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wishing death on someone who has a baby on the way is just wrong. He might be deserving of this but his new kid needs a father.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Man... ResetEra, again, proves that a huge portion of it's posters are just monsters. I'm unsure as to what exactly happened to a portion of people to make them lose ANY semblance of humanity but I hope you people get some help eventually.

Yeah, shame on those guilting people to feel bad about Boris.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Was there this much finger-wagging back in 2011 when Bin-Ladin was killed?

Seriously asking, I wasn't part of the old forum at the time...

Deleted member 60096

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2019
Everyone's entitled to their opinion. Personally, I don't wish death upon those who disagree with me.
Good thing, most aren't wishing death upon him and even those that are, wish it upon him for much more than just disagreeing with them. Since the man has blood on his hands just like every other Tory

Deleted member 2441

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Liberal and Irish, so plenty of reasons to hate the man, but wouldn't wish death.

To see ERA staff egging that behaviour on is even more gross.

Cop the fuck on.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Listen I know how people feel, i get it
It's not so much wishing death but acknowledging that many, many more people will live if he's not in charge.
this is very true. so what is his life worth vs the policies that he enacts that could kill a lot of people? Its almost akin to guys like Trump or Mitch McConnell ( who if he was in the ICU right now i would be absolutely celebrating) so... i guess its all perspective here.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
He's certainly not owed death, Jesus Christ.
And shockingly, no one is killing him. Demanding people care for the well-being of someone like Boris is what I find to be most disgraceful in threads like this. You can have sympathy, hell I do, I hope he doesn't suffer, nor die, but demanding that others do, people who may be directly harmed by the damage the Tories do, is absolute nonsense. People can choose how they wish to protest, even if you find it crass or distasteful.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This thread should be a fucking graveyard.

I do not have any time for Boris or the Tories but this shit should not fly at all, wishing death on a member of parliament. Disgusting.

letting this fly really paints Era moderation in a ducking bad light and pisses away all the supposed good stuff you say you stand up for.

for shame.
1726.jpg

Hmm. Indeed.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017

I do not have any time for Boris or the Tories but this shit should not fly at all, wishing death on a member of parliament. Disgusting.

letting this fly really paints Era moderation in a ducking bad light and pisses away all the supposed good stuff you say you stand up for.

for shame.

So much for the tolerant left.

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
Seems to be a lot of hooplah over people "wishing death" on him in this thread even though most of the posts are wishing him recovery or just pointing out his reckless behavior led to him getting the virus. Very very few posts are actively saying "I hope he dies" and it feels like a lot of pearl clutching for a man who is and will be responsible for 1000s of preventable deaths due to this virus.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this communicates on a wide scale how suicidal a government's actions can be. They aren't slow to act on climate change or quick to underfund health services because it isn't a concern, but because they hope someone else is caught without a chair when the song stops.

killuglypop

Jan 9, 2020
Do not wish death on him but can't help but wonder if any of the staff treating him are letter boxes or have watermelon smiles

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I don't care if he dies or not. What I care about is the impact this is gonna have on the British government after weeks of lying to the public and exposing them to a dangerous disease. That country has been in political turmoil for five years now and it looks like it will only get worse.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was there this much finger-wagging back in 2011 when Bin-Ladin was killed?

Seriously asking, I wasn't part of the old forum at the time...

No, see Bin Laden made the mistake of not running for office in a liberal democracy first. It's a rookie mistake, Reagan could have warned him about it.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
And shockingly, no one is killing him. Demanding people care for the well-being of someone like Boris is what I find to be most disgraceful in threads like this. You can have sympathy, hell I do, I hope he doesn't suffer, nor die, but demanding that others do, people who may be directly harmed by the damage the Tories do, is absolute nonsense. People can choose how they wish to protest, even if you find it crass or distasteful.

So what are the forum rules on who we can and can't wish death on?

Jibreel

Oct 25, 2017

for shame.
He's certainly not owed death, Jesus Christ.

I present to you exhibit A:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/v...nson-weeks-before-coronavirus-diagnosis-video

He has access to all the information that is available us about the virus yet he goes ahead and does something stupid like the above. No one to blame but himself for the condition hes in.

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
ah yes, the real monsters are the people posting on a message board that they dont care that a politician dies and not the politicans enacting dangerous and destructive policies that harm the citizenry

You can certainly tell who likes bigots/racists/sexists/capitalists in here and who do not care one iota for the marginalized people.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Some of the replies in this thread are absolutely sickening, the man is a human being ffs
Let me ask you this: Let's say there is a person who has killed or raped several children. One of the parents of the victims, stricken with grief, takes the life of this person. Do you still say "that was a human being"? I don't think you do. Or, there are other rhetorical situations we can use where I guarantee you would eschew that argument. So you can say that, but given the right circumstances you would not adhere to the code you think you adhere to.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
People on a forum not having compassion for somebody who got a deadly virus are monsters and *checks notes* that somebody who didnt take the virus seriously and may have caused thousands of preventable deaths is the victim here?

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
Listen I know how people feel, i get it

this is very true. so what is his life worth vs the policies that he enacts that could kill a lot of people? Its almost akin to guys like Trump or Mitch McConnell ( who if he was in the ICU right now i would be absolutely celebrating) so... i guess its all perspective here.

the party lives on, there's no guarantee a leaders death will change its ideological trajectory

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017

Not enough eye rolls and jerk off motions in the world for this shit. Give me a break.

Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018
There's a difference between not giving a fuck if someone dies and actively wishing death, but you all go off
Liberal and Irish, so plenty of reasons to hate the man, but wouldn't wish death.

To see ERA staff egging that behaviour on is even more gross.

Cop the fuck on.
It's fucking gross. And a lot of the same people will get on their high horse to tell you how the death penalty is so wrong in the most heinous of crimes. The hypocrisy is astounding.

Whoever said thank god these people aren't doctors/work in the medical field a few pages back was 100%. "Oh wait, you're affiliated with the political party I don't agree with? Guess you can die!"

Downhome

Oct 27, 2017
I have a very bad feeling about this. The actions of the Queen leads me to believe she may know that it's far worse odd than has been stated in the media so far.

T0MBraider

Banned
Mar 4, 2020
On one hand this sucks, on the other hand he caused this and tens of thousands of innocent people will die because of his actions - he only has himself and his government to blame for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.