• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel sure he won't die... surely.

I'm no fan, nor do I hate him, but he has a family and I hope he gets better.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wishing death on him is beyond pathetic. I hope he survives and quits his job and lives alone somewhere far from the rest of the world giving thanks to the folks who saved his life.
Agree. The people in this thread shitposting and hoping he dies can fuck off. I despise the Tories but I don't wish death on him or anyone else. Especially from this.

CD_93

Dec 12, 2017
Lancashire, United Kingdom
C'mon Boris, David Lammy's appointment was a shock to us all but no need to go off the deep end, lad.

May not like the guy very much but don't wish this on him. Hope he pulls through.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
07fcadaa-0938-4128-b64d-4e5da5030b30.png

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Listening to the radio, they're claiming it's just a precaution.

Yeah, no. They don't move you to intensive care for a precaution.

The fact that he was hospitalized at all is a bad omen.

This is not just a precaution. He's in the ICU because he is having trouble breathing. That does not bode well for his chances of beating this.

Deleted member 60582

Banned
Oct 12, 2019
I hope he pulls through and this gives him a more empathetic view toward others suffering from the virus.

Deleted member 18360

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wishing death on him is beyond pathetic. I hope he survives and quits his job and lives alone somewhere far from the rest of the world giving thanks to the folks who saved his life.

If you're going to indulge in the unlikliest of fantasies, why not go full hog and hope the government appropriates and redistributes his wealth, that he has his name tarnished by society, etc, so he doesn't get a comfortable retirement as his inevitable reward at the end of this for making the world objectively worse.

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
Instead of hoping for the mans death, hope he pulls through and becomes a better person because of it. Who's to say whoever comes after him will be any better?

Carl2291

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Did he have pre-existing conditions?

It's crazy that if Trump got it in the US, we'd never even know about it. He'd just disappear from the public eye for a week or something and he'd call everyone liars who said he was sick.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves. You know who you are. I hope he makes a full recovery.

JaseMath

Oct 27, 2017
Denver, CO
User banned (2 weeks): conspiracy theorising
Not trying to be be alarmist, but if Boris dies and the bioweapon theory becomes prominent, do fools like Trump hold China culpable?

Blent

Oct 26, 2017
East Midlands, England, UK
I assume - and please correct me if I am wrong - he is being treated with extra caution because he is the PM and being put under intensive care much earlier than the average person would be.

game-biz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I only feel bad if his potential death will screw up shit temporarily in Britain.

Other than that, I'm not exactly about to shed a tear if the scumbag dies. The man is an evil piece of shit.

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, it isn't like the Tories have humanity for the sick, the poor, and the foreign.

sadly if he survives I doubt he will change his mind about much.
Just gonna leave this here.

www.businessinsider.com

Boris Johnson called gay men 'tank-topped bumboys' and black people 'piccaninnies' with 'watermelon smiles'

UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson has a long record of making offensive comments about women, ethnic minorities and gay people.

I hate the guy as much as the next person but he's still a human. I don't need you're articles; I live here mate and I'm well aware he's an utter piece of shit, he's said and done a lot of terrible things and I do not align with him in the slightest, especially politically etc but I wouldn't wish anyone dead.

Mzril

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Why on EARTH would you be shaking hands with corona patients if you're an at-risk leader of a democratic nation.

It's time to reap what you sow.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
The British government has been lying to the public for weeks now and the ensuing fallout is gonna be harrowing.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I hate the guy as much as the next person but he's still a human. I don't need you're articles; I live here mate and I'm well aware he's an utter piece of shit, he's said and done a lot of terrible things and I do not align with him in the slightest, especially politically etc but I wouldn't wish anyone dead.

You aren't everyone.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
All the money and private healthcare in the world can't stop this from taking you if it takes you.

Maybe people, especially the rich, elite, business owners and politicians should have taken things more seriously before they did.

Can't hide behind your money or status when we're talking a virus that doesn't discriminate with no cure.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
You really don't. If he makes a full recovery he's going to just shrug it off as "see, not a big deal," and continue effing up the UK's response. Kinda like when several republican senators in the US got shot at -- and even shot -- a few years ago and proceeded not to give a damn.

I know Boris is arrogant as all hell (I mean he's not as bad as Trump, but that's a DAMN high bar) but even he wouldn't come out of this screaming to the Beeb and the DM about how this isn't a big deal. If anything this might actually make him turn around on the NHS!

Or more likely solidify his argument against it ("I wouldn't have gone into the ICU if I had better quality private insurance!!!")

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves. You know who you are.

I agree, normalizing his shitbaggery is bad and sets a bad precedent for the future of Britain's politics, not that fascism/colonialism wasn't normalized there for centuries before this. Trying to shape this as a matter of humanity in that sense wipes away the power dynamics and the harm that fuckers like him have perpetuated.

I hope he makes a full recovery.

Oh huh

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how this plays out in terms of "political capital" with Trump? They both were invested in downplaying COVID-19, and saying "It's nothing." Now Trump's lost his closest Western Ally to the thing that's "not even worse than the flu."

Is his only option at this point to say "Johnson was weak, I don't know the guy, that's why he got sick," in order to save face?

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
I've always wanted to see the rhetoric, bigotry and ideals of these people defeated, rather than see the current faces espousing them come to harm. It's been very weird seeing my 'wish no ill' rhetoric put to the test, but I can say it's withstood that test. Hopefully he pulls through and lives to see his platform soundly defeated as soon as is feasible.

I also want him to see the terrible way he handled the initial response to this face the scrutiny it deserves.

So get well soon Boris. You've got commissions and voters to face.

I find myself is a slightly different path. I don't want him to die but I can't waste my emotional energy on a bigot. What will be will be.

Podge293

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's almost like shaking hands with infected people is a bad thing

Who would have guessed

Status
Not open for further replies.