• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Goda

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto
New single from Bring Me the Horizon. Seems like they are off the pop music train and back to making good music.

I'm loving the imagery in the video. Now make the damn game.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
This...isn't the sound I expect when someone says "Bring Me" but I've also not listened to them properly since I was 16 lmao.

Chorus is pretty good though

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Song is pretty great. Love that they keep changing their sound up.

amo is some of their best work so I'm pretty excited for the next album.

Smidig

Nov 13, 2017
Damn this is a great song. I've been a fan since Pray for Plagues was popular, and I vividly remember the time I was in a mall and heard a BMTH song on the radio.. Couldn't believe my ears. Really digging this.

Mikke

Oct 28, 2017
"i heard they need better signal put chip and pins in the needles"

oh fuck off

Yeah, what was up with that. Is that something from the game or is it straight up flirting with conspiracy nutters.
In their Mick Gordon video diary they said the second verse was "about conspiracy theories and you know all this fucking crazy shit that people make up to try and explain something that's actually really simple", so I don't think we have to worry about BMTH joining the conspiracy nuts. Literally in the next line in the song he says something about the "black hole they call a brain" or something to that effect.

Been listening to BMTH since Count Your Blessings and have enjoyed pretty much everything they put out, even though it took me some time to get used to their new style. Really digging this.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
In their Mick Gordon video diary they said the second verse was "about conspiracy theories and you know all this fucking crazy shit that people make up to try and explain something that's actually really simple", so I don't think we have to worry about BMTH joining the conspiracy nuts. Literally in the next line in the song he says something about the "black hole they call a brain" or something to that effect.
thank goodness!

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
Thing is even pop BMTH has some great actual music it was the vocals and stuff that softened the songs. Like Shikari they just keep changing and doing what they want honestly I have more respect for a band willing to do different shit then just repeat same style

May 18, 2018
I'm glad this album is going to be more aggressive, I did not like most of their last album even though mantra was a banger. They released a bside album around November that was god awful heres hoping more heavy tunes.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad this album is going to be more aggressive, I did not like most of their last album even though mantra was a banger. They released a bside album around November that was god awful heres hoping more heavy tunes.
I didn't know they'd released the b-sides stuff... sounds pretty good to me so far. They're one of my faovurite bands because they cover so many styles.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
I'm so happy While She Sleeps exists after the pop move from BMTH.

Still sounds better than anything off the last album though.

I laugh at the chorus though.

Its a Parasite EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEve.

Ollie your not chester bennington, you are going to need Jordan to do the pop stuff since I think his voice fits it WAY better.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
THERE'S ALREADY A THREADDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
6otyONf.png

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Continuing their spree of putting out absolute bangers and clearly the addition of Mick Gordon is a good one, hope he produces more for them in future.

The electronic effects remind me of the Apex Legends theme, weirdly

Their remixed album is great, too - A Devestating Liberation is a big, sweeping, moody rework of a track from amo

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
Thing is even pop BMTH has some great actual music it was the vocals and stuff that softened the songs. Like Shikari they just keep changing and doing what they want honestly I have more respect for a band willing to do different shit then just repeat same style

Bring Me the Horizon have a similar trejectory to Enter Shikari for me where I went from disliking them (though in BMTH's case, more like loathing) to actively being excited for anything they drop, though I skipped over Music to Listen To...

desu

Oct 27, 2017
I am listening more to metal than anything else, so I grew up with their older stuff.

But IMHO they've been consistently dropping awesome albums for like almost 10 years?

Personally, don't understand the remark from the OP, AMO was really great.

Oct 27, 2017
Gaia
Been listening to them for a while and love most of their output. amo wasn't for me though. But I really like both this and Ludens mixing all the different styles that they've gone through over the years.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
Bring Me the Horizon have a similar trejectory to Enter Shikari for me where I went from disliking them (though in BMTH's case, more like loathing) to actively being excited for anything they drop, though I skipped over Music to Listen To...

shikari went from hatred to top 3 bands and rivalling deftones with quality of albums zero duds .

as for BMTH I feel off after Spirit didn't mind chill out songs but not clicking. I'm digging gamer Oli first ludens due to Death Stranding and now Doom brining in Mick lets get oli playing Metal Gear Rising see what he comes up with next

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
New single from Bring Me the Horizon. Seems like they are off the pop music train and back to making good music.

See this is such a silly way to start a thread.

Because Bring Me the Horizon making "good music" to me is this:

And what you posted still sounds to me like it belongs on "the pop music train".

What I'm saying is you don't have to tear something down to boost something up. Different things mean different things to different people. While their music isn't for me anymore, I wouldn't tell anyone it's "bad" just because it's not what I want.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The song is pretty good. It has a few things I don't like (too many of the "eh eh" vocal, and Parasite Eeeeeve is a bit cheesy) but it bangs and has great atmosphere.

Also led me to find Nothing but Thieves via recommendations and I'm loving them.

Glass

Oct 26, 2017
Liking it. And the Slipknot-ified medical masks they're wearing.

Favourite albums of theirs is Sempiternal , however when they get the balance right between their new sound and old on Amo, those tracks are stellar (MANTRA / In the Dark / wonderful life / medicine / mother tongue )

Butch

Oct 27, 2017

? Amo was a an amazing album and this new stuff could fit in that album without an issue, doesn't sound too different tbh.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
Agree with everyone here who said this sounds like their past three albums merging together. In true BMTH style, they absolutely fucking killed it. I stand by the best thing to happen to this band was Jordan Fish.
This is a bad and ignorant way to start off the thread.
It's so bad that if you even posted something like that in r/metalcore, you'd get downvoted.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
Favourite albums of theirs is Sempiternal , however when they get the balance right between their new sound and old on Amo, those tracks are stellar (MANTRA / In the Dark / wonderful life / medicine / mother tongue )

In case you haven't heard them, I recommend checking out Bad Omens if you enjoy Sempiternal and want some more. Their first album, self-titled, was really inspired it.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
BMTH have been great and continue to be great.

I hate when people like OP make weighted threads like this. Just because your opinion is a certain way doesn't make it fact.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I believe OP was even sung about on their last album - 'Cause some kid on the 'gram said he used to be a fan, But this shit ain't heavy metal'.

OP
OP
Goda

Goda

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto
Alright, it was harsh of me to say that in my first post so I'll apologize for the comment I made. Didn't mean to upset anyone over it.
I know a lot of people like the last albums they've released. I just haven't really liked much of their stuff lately. To each their own.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
I usually don't like this band, but I've enjoyed their new music.... (learns about Mick Gordon's contribution)... got it.

nillansan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denmark
Is it weird to say that modern bands that lean into nu-metal understand the strengths of the subgenre far more than the original bands did?

Well, it does sound incredibly refined and there's a surprising amount of variation in it and I am liking it more and more, but I am not that familiar with other modern bands that take obvious inspiration from nu-metal besides maybe Code Orange, I mostly listen to death metal and black metal.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
Is it weird to say that modern bands that lean into nu-metal understand the strengths of the subgenre far more than the original bands did?
it's not a huge surprise to find a 'second round' of nu-metal to be inspired and pull from the better stuff

it's likeeeeee, if you were nostalgic for the 80s, or was creating something that was inspired by the 80s, you're going to look and pull from the very best stuff right

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
What a fucking amazing song. Top 3 from BMTH and probably one of my favorite songs of 2020, if not, my favorite.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Didn't like it tbh. Too disjointed. I guess it tires to be uncomfortable, but maybe it succeeded too much.

From them I most liked "I apologize if you feel something". That song is just evil.

GaijinZero

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Fukuoka, Japan
Saw them live in Osaka last year with BabyMetal and they absolutely nailed it. Their B side album really wasn't for me but between this and Ludens, Im still on the hype train.

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
Some background to the song. It's a continuation from their BMTH8 series and shows their adaptation to record this song.

Also the video behind the scenes:

Oli was inspired on Tokyo Ghoul, Henri-George Clouzot's The Inferno, Venom and Hellblade.

Last edited: