• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

V0ltg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
twitter.com

RPG Site on Twitter

“Brigandine: The Legend of Runersia to release for Nintendo Switch on June 25; retail version to be available through Limited Run Games: https://t.co/4I4qaNwmSw”

From RPGSite:

Happinet has announced that Brigandine: The Legend of Runersia will release on June 25 worldwide for Nintendo Switch. In North America, a retail packaged version of the game will be available through Limited Run Games.

The Legend of Runersia is a strategy game with RPG elements that revives the long-dormant Brigandine IP, which originally released in PlayStation in North America in 1998 as Brigandine: The Legend of Forsena, localized by Atlus USA.

A new trailer and screenshots can be found below. You can find the announcement information and media here.

Trailer:

Last edited:
OP
OP
V0ltg

V0ltg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone, who finished the PS1 game a few weeks ago (Grand Edition), I'm more than excited for this sequel. Easily one of the best SRPGs of that era.
The trailer is sooo good, I got legit goose bumps when the Invanding theme from the original played at the end.

Last edited:

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, I never thought I'd see Brigandine again. I sold a ton of stuff like 10 years ago and Brigandine was worth close to 100 bucks at that point cause of it's scarcity.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Are any of the original devs from the original game involved in this. I know this is developed by Matrix Software and published by Happinet.

Interesting IP to revive though.

Jibreel

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, wow, now thats a name I haven't heard in a long while. Definitely excited for this! I hope it turns out well. This image was posted in the link from the OP, i'm guessing these are the faction leaders:

Brigandine-The-Legend-Of-Runersia_Monarchs.jpg

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Limited Run games handling the physical sucks. I want it but I'm not paying 50% extra on shipping fees. Grand Edition is legit one of my favourite PS1 games so I'm really looking forward to this.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I'm still not sure if I'll like the game, but the presentation is so good and the art so fucking great that I don't know that I'll be able to resist when it launches. JP dubbing only though?

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
I seem to remember seeing something about this last year. Glad to see it's confirmed for a western release; looks right up my alley.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I was worried this wouldn't get localized but these days nothing stays in Japan, doesn't it. Definitely will get it, more SRPGs are always a good thing.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Any chance this means a Brigandine: Grand Order might be re-released somehow? Would love to play it again.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Grand Edition did get released on JP PSN years back. The game does have a fan translation if anyone wants to check it out. Would highly recommend. One of the cool features was the added multiplayer, not like I ever properly coordinated that, but it's neat it exists.
It removes all the 3D models and such, but honestly that never bothered me.

I think I might give GE another replay in the meantime.

Annihilator

Nov 10, 2017
West Fargo
My personal favorite PS1 game ever probably have about 200 hours into the original and about 50 or so on a downloaded version of the grand edition since was never released in america...but I don't have a switch and won't be buying it for one game so hoping it comes out on other platforms someday preferably on the pc.

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
Seems LRG has grown from releasing a select number of titles to now releasing alot of Japanese exclusive titles out West. Will keep my eye out for this. Itching to play another SRPG on Switch.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Not a big fan of this staying Switch exclusive. :( It was bred on the PS1... ah well, I'll take the L.
I wouldn't call getting a good looking sequel - to a supposed to be dead series - taking an L. Should be happy that it exists in the first place. Ports and whatever can always happen down the line, these games have to get made first.

Schopenhauer

Oct 27, 2017
While I am not exactly a huge Brigandine fan I am always down for supporting the revival of a ps1 era srpg.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
We reviving PS1 SRPGs? How about some Vandal Hearts proper remakes ... if only that wouldnt be under Konami.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Limited Run games handling the physical sucks. I want it but I'm not paying 50% extra on shipping fees.
Same. I seriously dislike seeing them publishing some of these games as it makes it so much harder to pull the trigger on a physical copy.

Well, guess it is better than digital only, but still, possibly the worst distributor/publisher due to the costs/logistics for me.

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
Oh no, why the distribution is solely handled by LRG? It will be practically impossible to find this on sale and I really want the cover, Kazama Raita is a real artist.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how I feel about LRG tbh, pretty much guarantees I won't get a physical version.
You can't think that way.
metal gear started on a Microsoft olatform
Final fantasy started on a Nintendo platform
Halo was due to be on the PS2 pre acquisition

sometimes it all works out.

If we applied that logic unilaterally the Switch would be getting a lot more support. Terrible first post tbh.

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
since it's same day worldwide, I suppose high chance it'll be single version for all release. so there's alternative than lrg if you guys want to get physical ver by importing jp copies.
of course it's better to wait for at least eshop listing first for confirmation.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
lol @ the gender disparity in outfits

I'm surprisingly less fuzzed by the boob windows, the true disparity is that only evil glasses dude gets to wear such an absolutely rad coat, what the fuck. I'll allow the absence of naked sexy males, as long as they wear incredible outer wear like that (the rest needs to strip though).

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Oh no, why the distribution is solely handled by LRG? It will be practically impossible to find this on sale and I really want the cover, Kazama Raita is a real artist.
It being a switch game will help, all of their switch titles have a preorder window of at least two weeks, with usually about a weeks notice. Preorder in the time period, gauranteed to get one. Of course it will be full price, and I know they transfer a lot of the international shipping charges to the customer (as opposed to having an international arm, at least so far).

If you want physical, it will not be impossible to purchase. If you want to get it less than retail/after the preorder window, that will be significantly harder.

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
It being a switch game will help, all of their switch titles have a preorder window of at least two weeks, with usually about a weeks notice. Preorder in the time period, gauranteed to get one. Of course it will be full price, and I know they transfer a lot of the international shipping charges to the customer (as opposed to having an international arm, at least so far).

If you want physical, it will not be impossible to purchase. If you want to get it less than retail/after the preorder window, that will be significantly harder.
Yeah, I know, the fact is that we've seen too little of the game and we don't know what games will come out in June. Can't tell if it's a game I could buy at D1, plus I'm European so I'd have to pay also the international shipping. It's a mess in my case, I hate when retail copies are sold only at certain retailer (most recent case, the Arland Dusk trilogy only sold on PlayAsia).

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
So it's a tactics game but you exclusively use summoned monsters? Interesting.

I wouldn't call it a tactics game. It's a grand strategy game that has tactical maps, but the emphasis is on the grand strategy imho.

(Best way for me to describe Grand Strategy is that it's like boardgame Risk. Focusing on conquering the world on a grid like map. similar games would be Dragon Force, Rotk, Nobunagas Ambition, and the Warhammer: Dawn of War expansions). I hope somebody has a more eloquent definition of the game though