• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

Courtesy of Gematsu:
Happinet will release a demo for Brigandine: The Legend of Runersia for Switch via the Nintendo eShop on April 30, the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals.

The demo will allow players to play the game's opening parts as the Norzaleo Kingdom, one of six powers playable in the full version of the "endless fantasy war" grand strategy simulation game.

Brigandine: The Legend of Runersia is due out digitally on June 25 worldwide.

From what I understand, the JP version of this will include English, so even if the demo isn't international, you'll be good to go as long as you have a JP eShop account.

It's a great idea to get a demo out for this since it's a follow-up to a PS1 game and a lot of folks probably don't know what to expect. Excited? Looking forward to it? Destroy my nation if old.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

Courtesy of Gematsu:

From what I understand, the JP version of this will include English, so even if the demo isn't international, you'll be good to go as long as you have a JP eShop account.

It's a great idea to get a demo out for this since it's a follow-up to a PS1 game and a lot of folks probably don't know what to expect. Excited? Looking forward to it? Destroy my nation if old.
Wait, what ? Grand strategy?

I need.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
looking forward to it + day one, still have the PSX og and the grand edition. wish the physical edition was a few months later though, I prefer patches on cart.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
any impressions so far?
www.resetera.com

Brigandine: The Legend of Runersia demo out now on NA/EU/JP Switch eShops! Full game releasing on June 25th 2020

I just finished playing through the demo. You have the choice of going through the tutorial but it will be long with having you go through everything step by step. However, you can skip ahead to just playing the game. There are six different rulers in the game, they have their own story you...

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
Review embargo lifted, there are a couple of articles on Metacritic, both with a 7/10 score
If interested, this is MY review: it is in Italian, score is 7/10 for me too

www.switchitalia.it

Brigandine: The Legend of Runersia

La gloria costa fatica

I think that the art directions is great, the OST good, the longevity endless
the cons are that the in-game graphics during battles isn't really that coherent with the art direction of the wonderful portraits, the camera angle is a little bit "clunky", the battle phase has so-so graphics (not so great environment textures and so on) and the animation ar too stiffy. But, in particular, the game is SO HARD to master, even in the very initial part of the game, with so many info and options and things to be considered even for the very first battles. This can be a little bit frustrating, at the beginning.

Overall, I liked the game, but wasn't so easy to fully enjoy it without spending some effort into it

Status
Not open for further replies.