• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aaaaaah... I don't know. So, she doesn't have time to review what people like about the movie and what not? I understand if it's only the angry youtube videos, but not even googling her own name, when you are a personality?

If I was an actress or actor, I would weekly look on how people perceive me, and why the reactions, both positive and negative, are how they are.
Almost universally celebrities say constantly looking at reactions on the internet can lead you to going insane or falling into a depression. Once you hit a certain level of success or mainstream fame it's pretty recommend you keep a healthy distance between from that stuff.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Aaaaaah... I don't know. So, she doesn't have time to review what people like about the movie and what not? I understand if it's only the angry youtube videos, but not even googling her own name, when you are a personality?

If I was an actress or actor, I would weekly look on how people perceive me, and why the reactions, both positive and negative, are how they are.

lol, fuck that, why should a nobody loser who lives in their basement have any sway in your life when you're super successful and doing what you love to do.

Fuck 'em. The funniest part of this it will drive these losers crazy.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn

You'd harm yourself trying to live like this.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Who the hell googles themselves anyway?!
giphy.gif

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I still remember when a lot of people on ERA were saying that she was a mediocre actress (me included) and then alt-right idiots came along and turned all that around. The alt-right certainly did play themselves here.

oscar nominated brie larson is a mediocre actress? that's news to me

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Its *probably* a lie, I find it hard to believe she did not know about this. But ignoring those who attacked her is def the correct way to get under their skin.

I don't think it's all that unbelievable that she wouldn't know about the extent of the hate (as in people making up conspiracy theories about why it'd bomb). Celebrities are very much able to shield themselves from outside shit if they want to. Through their own actions of avoiding looking for what people are saying about you, to surrounding themselves with friends who aren't going to bug them about it either.

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Awful journalism. Just trying to make a storm in a teacup. Why are superhero movie fans such easy bait?

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Not how it works. If you come anywhere near sniffing distance of fame (and an agent) lesson 1 is do none of what your suggesting. And if you get big or known enough where those things might affect you or your work you or agent will have hired someone who has the job of going through all that shit.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017

At the most she likely read the official movie critics, not a bunch of YouTube rage merchants.
There's also a small possibility someone more Internet savvy told her about said YouTube ass screeching when the movie released, but quickly forgot about it.

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Oh nice, Larson is still doing a bunch of acting on the side. I dont hate captain marvel or anything but I've been a fan of here since the United States of Tara and I'm sorry but at least thus far, captain marvel doesnt really let her shine imo. Maybe the sequel will be amazing though, fingers crossed, but in the meantime, sign me up for this courtroom drama!!

Deleted member 59245

Banned
Aug 15, 2019
California
Two things I learned:

Brie Larson doesn't care about nerds on the internet, that's cool.

Brie Larson also sound kinda basic. That's less cool.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oh nice, Larson is still doing a bunch of acting on the side. I dont hate captain marvel or anything but I've been a fan of here since the United States of Tara and I'm sorry but at least thus far, captain marvel doesnt really let her shine imo. Maybe the sequel will be amazing though, fingers crossed, but in the meantime, sign me up for this courtroom drama!!

acting on the side?

she is an actor, that what she does? did you think she would stop and be carol forever and always?

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Not how it works. If you come anywhere near sniffing distance of fame (and an agent) lesson 1 is do none of what your suggesting. And if you get big or known enough where those things might affect you or your work you or agent will have hired someone who has the job of going through all that shit.
Yeah, this.
Like, theres a reason why people like johnny Depp and john Goodman never watch their own performances. If you let that effect your personal life, when would it ever stop? Youd end up like trump or the real housewives, just obsessing over tmz and twitter, which usually creates this weird feedback loop where now all the reporting about you is that your obsessed with your online image, ad nausea.
If I ever became famous, I'd try and forget the internet even existed.

Oct 27, 2017
United States
the only year since becoming Captain America that chris evans hasnt been in another movie unrelated to marvel is 2016.
Looking at his imdb right now, nothing in 2015 either, a brief cameo in iceman in 2012 but that's it. 2014 had two movies that probably werent filmed in that year either that got buried called "playing it cool" and "before we go" so I'm not sure about 2014 either. So roughly 4 of the 8 years hes been cap.
Ill admit, I forgot about Snowpiercer though.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Looking at his imdb right now, nothing in 2015 either, a brief cameo in iceman in 2012 but that's it. 2014 had two movies that probably werent filmed in that year either that got buried called "playing it cool" and "before we go" so I'm not sure about 2014 either. So roughly 4 of the 8 years hes been cap.
Ill admit, I forgot about Snowpiercer though.

he has knives out this year, so all is good

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Lol

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if a lot og actors especially ones with experience do the same thing and just not bother

It's healthier that way

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
What's her youtube algorithm like and can I have it.

You watch one video about film critique from sane youtubers and suddenly you have to start blocking numerous video suggestions Youtube gave you.