• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I watched it, she is so underserving the hate.. you can see she has a fanbase and just some random hater that just hate her for existing and will go on just to dislike the video and go. It is getting well received rn but i fear if it goes on trending page it will not lol.

I frankly take her reacting (or rather, not reacting) to haters as a life lesson we should all learn from. If I had to guess, she probably considers their hatred irrelevant compared to what minorities and oppressed groups have to endure daily (and, as usual, she'd be right).

Goldenh

Feb 9, 2020
I frankly take her reacting (or rather, not reacting) to haters as a life lesson we should all learn from. If I had to guess, she probably considers their hatred irrelevant compared to what minorities and oppressed groups have to endure daily (and, as usual, she'd be right).

Yea she doesn't seem to bothered by that. She didn't acknowledged it (has she should) and with time it will just go away tbh. She did respond to really interesting questions in her video about BLM and diversity.

Brie remains unbothered playing Animal Crossing, we love to see it.

Donepalace

Mar 16, 2019
Critical drinker done a really toxic video on her I've no opinion on her don't really follow her but that video was shocking to watch just ripping into her for no particularly good reason I'm so glad she ignores it cause it sounds like she's getting quite the hate for a certain section of YouTube crowds

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Critical drinker done a really toxic video on her I've no opinion on her don't really follow her but that video was shocking to watch just ripping into her for no particularly good reason I'm so glad she ignores it cause it sounds like she's getting quite the hate for a certain section of YouTube crowds
Dont know who this Critical drinker is...but considering what you are describing i dont think i need or want to know what he is about.

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Dont know who this Critical drinker is...but considering what you are describing i dont think i need or want to know what he is about.

Looked briefly into this clown's channel and he is exactly that: a fucking useless clown with a try hard gimmick. Couldn't even get past 10 seconds of one of his "vids.' Youtubers continue to prove that they are garbage.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
In regards to the downvotes, Youtube only really tracks interactions, and does not care if the thumbs are up or down. You can achieve a trending video with 100% downvotes. So an early interaction, of any kind, is suggesting to the algorithm to promote the video to others. It only helps her; so congrats to the haters I guess.

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017
Reading the first few pages of this thread and the Henry Cavill thread, brings me to the conclusion that Era either doesn't like Brie larsonn, women or Ninntendo.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ah, the Red Letter Media approach then.

mrfusticle

Oct 30, 2017
Liked the vid... I had some serious pyjama envy!

Ah, the Red Letter Media approach then.

Ugh those guys... landed on them a few months ago with the Picard review which was funny... watched a few more then hit the Ghostbusters remake... Yeah it's a bad film but Jeeesus H Yikes.. they don't like the "feminism" eh?.. the little one practically spat the word out every time he said it ... Dropped them like a bad habit.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I love these videos of both enjoying what they do: Brie was still excited about the early game stuff in ACNH despite her having already experienced that part. Henry built his own PC for the first time; it took him quite some time, but he is probably proud as hell of doing that.

Spiritreaver

Oct 26, 2017
It's a shame I missed this thread entirely and only found it cause of the Cavill thread. It's cool to see someone passionate about the 3D series.

Yunsar

Oct 27, 2017
Reading the first few pages of this thread and the Henry Cavill thread, brings me to the conclusion that Era either doesn't like Brie larsonn, women or Ninntendo.

"Fake gamer girl" is such a deeply ingrained concept in the mind of gamers, even in a relatively progressive forum such as this you'll still come across users who feel like they're entitled to a bit of casual misogyny, as a treat.

Moose the Fattest Cat

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 15, 2017
"Fake gamer girl" is such a deeply ingrained concept in the mind of gamers, even in a relatively progressive forum such as this you'll still come across users who feel like they're entitled to a bit of casual misogyny, as a treat.

Yeah, it's a shame for what passes as progressive and I think Era assumes they're a bit more evolved than they are just because it's purple now instead of the opposite. Era is liberal/centrist with a lot of "devils advocates whereas the former place is outright alt-right. But there's a lot of agreement between both on cultural misogyny/racism, just expressed at different levels. IMO

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Both Brie and Henry have immense gaming power that should be celebrated. If they were to collab, the world might not be able to handle that much concentrated sexy dorkiness.

Soph

Oct 25, 2017
Great video's, I made sure to upvote all of them. What a bunch of babies in the comments.. and some on the first page of this thread

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Not even the "fake gamer girl" argument, but christ, the woman could literally post about buying frozen yogurt and she'd get a mountain of hate for it. Like her existence is perceived as some kind of existential threat to these fucking losers.

Where's the lie

Tryptobphan

Dec 22, 2017
Right? Super cute and actually authentic to the life + gaming interests she's portrayed on her Youtube channel.

I actually haven't checked out her channel. I should. I don't know much about her other than some movies she's been in, including Captain Marvel, but the commercial was just a nice down to earth commercial, especially that Animal Crossing one. Way to go, Nintendo.